Is anyone else annoyed by the FT-1 and NSX Concepts?

• Thread starter Flame75322
  • 31 comments
I suppose the BMW falls under this too but I just find it annoying when you can't see how much power the car has or tune it at all. I don't even care that you can't add parts to them but at least let me tune the damn suspension so i can use the thing -.-
agree.
dont give me something i cant tune to my driving style

Isn't it hard for them to display how much power the car makes when the manufacturer of the concepts don't have any numbers yet? I mean I don't even think Toyota announced what kind of motor would be in the ft-1 if it ever released. As for the tuning part. It's a concept, drive it as is or don't drive it.

Perhaps PD has the specs for each car but isn't allowed to unveil it until the manufacturer gives the green light? How else would they know how the heck the car drives. When I first drove the C7 Corvette in GT5, without specs, I set a time on Laguna to see how it would compare to real life. My time was identical to a test done by, I believe it was, Motor Trend at the hands of a pro driver. Judging by that, they must have the data in there, but possibly can't release it.

I suppose the BMW falls under this too but I just find it annoying when you can't see how much power the car has or tune it at all. I don't even care that you can't add parts to them but at least let me tune the damn suspension so i can use the thing -.-
These cars are only concepts your lucky we at least have an interior model. Not even the manufacturers know all the numbers to the car.

The Honda NSX Concept is a fun car to drive once you get used to the way it handles. It's AWD ability is not like most AWD's and needs a bit of time to get used to it. I have driven it in a few race series, turning down the power to meet PP and it does a wonderful job.....it just requires some practice and patience to master it.

The Honda NSX Concept is a fun car to drive once you get used to the way it handles. It's AWD ability is not like most AWD's and needs a bit of time to get used to it. I have driven it in a few race series, turning down the power to meet PP and it does a wonderful job.....it just requires some practice and patience to master it.
The NSX prototype is fast.......I was 10 seconds slower around the ring with SH tyres than the Mc Larren P1....

Google search reveals this:

con·cept
ˈkänˌsept/
noun
noun: concept; plural noun: concepts
  1. 1.
    an abstract idea; a general notion.
    "structuralism is a difficult concept"
    synonyms:idea, notion, conception, abstraction; More
    • a plan or intention; a conception.
      "the center has kept firmly to its original concept"
    • an idea or invention to help sell or publicize a commodity.
      "a new concept in corporate hospitality"
    • PHILOSOPHY
      an idea or mental picture of a group or class of objects formed by combining all their aspects.
    • (of a car or other vehicle) produced as an experimental model to test the viability of new design features.
      modifier noun: concept

485hp/1320kg.
Arrange your garage by power/weight. Look where the car is placed. Adjust cars around it and you'll have your numbers.
As for tuning, well, from what I know, the FT-1 doesn't even have an engine, has fake dimensions, and fake power numbers. PD is likely limited as to what they allow us to do with these cars.

Tajima Monster E-sport also didn't display power and weight EVEN in the tuning screen.
For tuning its most likely because of the agreement with the manufacturer like the Corvette C7 in GT5.

I also wish you could tune them, but they are just concepts. We might however get finalized version coming as far a the NSX is concerned being that Honda has displayed its engine twin turbocharged and could have at least 500hp when it's released.

Annoying, but understandable. They don't publish those numbers because the marketing department for the manufactures refuse to give it to them or forbid them from publishing it.

Most concept cars are a styling exercise, which is a subjective matter from a marketing point- performance figures are not. The last thing they want is people comparing the concept car based on numbers to other cars, especially when those numbers are merely pulled out of thin air (with a few notable exceptions, i.e. Mazda Furai- may it rest in peace).

The other reason; and this is true for both the NSX and FT-1, is that when you do a concept car that is based on an upcoming production car, you don't want to publish performance figures because it won't have a positive effect when the production version comes out. If Honda published the NSX as having a 597hp, the press will focus on numbers and people will imagine the production car with those numbers. When the actual production comes out with a lesser hp output, people will be disappointed.

The NSX concept is a shame not to be able to tune it because driving her stock version is not very good. I also quite don't care to boost the car, but I want it setuped !

Why PD didn't choose to put suspension/LSD/gearbox settings ? All we needed it this... -.-

=> 1199 cars + 1 that will get rust in the garage...

I think GT players are too used to fiddling with absolutely every car they have. It's not like car enthusiasts have to tweak everything in their garage in real life. Just let these cars keep their innate characteristics, quirks and imperfections.

Or if you have no self respect, slap on some racing softs :lol:

597bhp I believe.

FT-1 makes 493bhp before oil change, 518 after. You can actually see by favouriting the car and then looking at it in the farcade mode car choice menu, the bhp's displayed.

Its a concept. The car hasent even made it into production, deal with it! damn! You should be glad just to be able to get to drive it, in fact you should be glad just to get to see it in your garage!

They were covering the Detroit Auto Show. They got word that the car was also featured in GT6.
You should see some of the comments there on the car. Personally I am impartial to it. It is very sensitive to snapping out of control (or at least it was at Laguna Seca for me).

You should see some of the comments there on the car. Personally I am impartial to it. It is very sensitive to snapping out of control (or at least it was at Laguna Seca for me).
I spend some time there as a commenter. I head there everyday.

Mannnnnn! Can't even tune the darn thing FT-1 what the heck?!?!

Back