Is anyone else excited with GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter StingrayX
  • 31 comments
  • 2,137 views
Messages
318
United States
United States
Messages
StingrayX
I cant be the only one?

On the positive side, let's talk about the great things about this game...instead of over 2,000 posts of negatives.
 
StingrayX
I cant be the only one?

On the positive side, let's talk about the great things about this game...instead of over 2,000 posts of negatives.

Yeah!

I like being able to interact with people I never have and never will meet.
I enjoy online racing when I meet people that are a similar level to me.
I like painting a car an inappropriate color that then makes me laugh.
I like sending another person a 'can of paint'.

I love driving my s800 race car.
I love driving my TVR Speed 12.
I love driving my XR8.
 
Milldrum
Yeah!

I like being able to interact with people I never have and never will meet.
I enjoy online racing when I meet people that are a similar level to me.
I like painting a car an inappropriate color that then makes me laugh.
I like sending another person a 'can of paint'.

I love driving my s800 race car.
I love driving my TVR Speed 12.
I love driving my XR8.

I like sending people Horns for no apparent reason :)
 
Were to start? ....photomode for one, trying to get those intimate shots of your cars, the crashes you expierence, the flips, taking photos of them is so cool. Online is about the best thing to happen to this game, talk to friends or strangers online, about your cars, and compete with your modified car, personalised to your driving style. Free run with them, to compete for lap time glory, then race, in absolute awesome races, which when you win, give you such a satisfaction. Trying to collect the 1000+ cars in the game. Race in 3D!!! That is probably the outstanding aspect of the game, it's that much better playing GT5 in 3D.....
 
I actually like looking for some of the cars I want but don't have.
 
Is anyone else excited with GT5?
No not really, sadly I stopped playing like 2 months ago. In fact... I don't know what the hell I am doing here since we won't get a patch in the near future.
 
Oh boy, here we go...

Get ready for 28 pages of Haters vs. the Fanboys...
 
kdryan
Oh boy, here we go...

Get ready for 28 pages of Haters vs. the Fanboys...

It doesn't have to be that way. GT5 has problems. I only listed some of the things that I like.

I like taking photos of cars airborne.
 
The feeling of accomplishment when you takle a lap perfectly
 
Ferrari F40 around Nurburgring with Sports hard tyres and no driving aids.

'nuff said.
 
Hell yeah, a good thread, I've been excited since half a year before it came out, and when I first played it, and every time I do, I LOVE IT, no matter how many times I race round the Nurburgring through day and night, it never gets boring
 
Really enjoying making and driving on custom tracks. Nothing like endlessly fiddling w/ bank angle, complexity and sharpness to get that last awkward turn just right.
 
Shuffle Racing = great fun
Online racing with clean racers from around the world = awesome
Sunrise at the Nordschleife = beautiful
Finally beating a tricky license test/special event = sense of achievement
Hotlapping supercars at Monza = thrilling
LMP races at Sarth = intense
World Class Car Series in a Campervan = wooohooo

My GT5 glass is definately more than half full.
 
Despite it's many shortcomings, I still really enjoy GT5 :)

At the moment, my aim is to actually drive all the cars I own at least once :P It's always cool to stumble upon an unsuspected gem, or just be really surprised by a car.

For instance, I found the Spoon CR-Z to be quite nippy around the corners. And the Jaguar XK luxury to be a bit of a boat :p

Still got about 350 cars to go I think...

Also, I love "mildly" tuning cars to make them just that bit better. Or slapping everything on them to see what they're capable of :D

All in all, I'm having a lot of fun with the game. It could be MUCH better, but it's still very good.
 
No longer excited about GT5 since I downloaded the GTR Evolution demo on the PC last night. WOW, this racing sim is awesome. The graphics are pretty darn good but the physics are 99% spot on and the force feeback is incredible.

There is no learning curve with the wheel like in GT5. It feels just like it should, like actually driving a car. There is no fighting with the wheel to hold it straight.

The sounds are amazing! nuff said about sounds.

If PD could dump everything except for their car models and replace it with what's in GTR, I would be very excited about GT5.

Until last night and getting GTR, I was a harcore fan of the GT series but I have now seen the light. If you have a strong enough PC and video card, I highly suggest checking out Simbin and their GTR simulation.
 
Sadly no more excited and no longer play it, back to rfactor.
 
I'm not excited like AWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH GT5 but it's still keeping my interest in various ways. 👍
 
Driving online with friends at the 'Ring with the sun rising in the background. So awesome!
 
I agree with VTiRoj. The fact that I'm at Lv 26 and surging ahead in XP again makes me a little more excited because I'll then be off to try to tame the X2010, but admittedly that's about it. That doesn't mean GT5 is boring anymore, just that I'm no longer like GT5 WOOOOOOO.

That and my computer can't play rFactor, so no 90s F1 for me yet.
 
I'm really getting into online racing. I'm finding it a lot more relaxed than early on.

Also collecting cars. I'm not chasing certain cars, I'm buying cars that come into my UCD or like the look of online. I raced a guy in a lime green '69 Camaro and seeing the massive rear tyres as I chased it down a straight, it changed my mind on it's value and I bought one.
 
I love GT5, but I hardly have anytime to play it. As for the amount of complaints vs compliments: unhappy wheels squeak louder than the ones working like they should. 👍
 
Its the first time I'm gonna play another game (seriously) since I got GT5 when it released.

I love yakuza series, but I will be back to GT soon enough :)
 
It is still my most played game by far and I still get excited to play it for the most part although there are days where I am just to lazy to drive so I b-spec it up. The most fun I have nowadays is online, even though I don't do it much lately, and WRS. There is no greater feeling than nailing a clean lap that will move you up the boards and no worse feeling than when the wall magnets steal an even better lap from you.
 
Im ASpec level 40 & still loving it...

Still car collecting, still fine tuning my driving skills, still pumped for every Thursday, (Seasonals)...

Sounds like a Dr. Dre song :)
 
I just got my G27 yesterday so its like I'm starting a new game all over again. Only thing is I have 300+ cars to chose from. I golded a couple license tests that I was having a hard time with the PS3 but theres still a big learning curve.
 
I absolutely enjoy this game still. My biggest enjoyment right now is collecting cars and racing online with my friends. Next thing i'll complete the endurances in A Spec and continue playing online, that seems to be my the only thing i do right now.
 
As for the amount of complaints vs compliments: unhappy wheels squeak louder than the ones working like they should. 👍
[Droogy]

Right right right, oh my brother. :cheers:

[/Droog]
 
At first when It came out I was so excited to play and was slightly disappointed because some things are just plan out wtf, but I kept playing and got to a point where it as tough to go on and slowly backed off. I was playing for like 8hrs a day so a break was in need lol.

Than I saw a stream of top gear playing on the internet and watching them have so much fun driving all these different cars made me want to do the same so I put back in GT5 and have been playing it almost everyday since.

Even tho pd doesn't update stuff as quick as we all would like with the online there is always new stuff to do. Even when new glitches come out it's fun to do a few and go treat yourself to that nice car you have always been wanting. I love GT5 it's like a kid to me. It definitely has it's screwed up moments, but I can't just abandon it.
 
Back