Is anyone else having problems with the AI "attacking" them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vinyl Scratch
  • 33 comments
  • 2,110 views
Messages
59
United States
Denial
Messages
vinylscratchp0n3
I've overtaken the lead car, just for them to tap my rear end and send me spinning back to 7th place. This was in the national a license 5 race championship.
 
I don't know about that event per se, but yes, it's definitely happened to me.
 
I remember hearing that the AI can hold grudges in GT5 and if you sent them off, they are more likely to do it to you. plus I am sure I have seen an AI difficulty level on arcade mode.
 
I think it's more a case of them blindly driving into you as if you're not there than attacking you, it's happened to me a few times too, & is extremely annoying.
 
yea me to. tho a welcome change from gt5 a we battle towards the finish line is good
 
I remember hearing that the AI can hold grudges in GT5 and if you sent them off, they are more likely to do it to you. plus I am sure I have seen an AI difficulty level on arcade mode.
So, the A.I. in 5 could hardly really race but they have Nic Cage programmed for getting revenge?

I'm not even surprised.
 
The AI seems to have extreme difficulty diverting from what seems to be a one line only route they have and if you head into a corner for a late brake manoeuvre for example then they just won't deviate at all and wipe you out, every time without fail!
 
In nascar - daytona speedway race, they always make my car spin out.

Oh man, this. As much as I love Nascar rides, I've never managed to finish the 1st on Daytona.
 
Attack 'em back. Thats how I've rolled for the last 15 years.:irked:.

It's appropriate in some races, in others not. PD is probably not able to handle that distinction, I suppose, but I only get attacked in SOME races, not all!
 
Yeah, I had major issues with the AI in the Ferrari Dino vs Lambo (think it was a Lambo) Special Mission on IA (think it was IA...god, my memory sucks!). I kept overtaking it and then it would just come from behind and hit me causing me to slide. It is an example of the extreme limitations of the AI where they just drive to the same pre-programmed line and tough luck if you happen to be on that line at a slight angle when they get there
 
Not really sure why, but they seem to be more prone to do some unexpected lane changes when a car is close to them which might end up either blocking you if they're in front of you or tapping your rear end spinning you out if they're behind you.
 
one or two AI drivers have spun me round. Good something to battle against at last.
 
I have this a lot, especially after slip streaming them down a straight and then breaking a tad early into a corner, they always hit the side-rear end of my car. They are very stubborn with their driving line, heck, i'm even tempted to try Daytona with driving line on just to see if they follow it so I can steer clear of them as much as possible.
 
These AI pit maneuvers have happened to me a few times but it's not aggressive or often enough to be a problem for me. Much more troublesome is when I'm coming up behind them with a good run, and the AI cars swerve in front of me as if to block my pass. It's happened a lot and it's very aggressive. I suppose these aggressive AI moves could just be them swerving back onto the line they are stuck on, if they get off it. But I doubt it. The blocks have really shocked me a few times, I think it's cool. Otherwise the races are still too easy!
 
Only tried the Redbull Junior challenge so far since the 1.02 patch, but I have found that they seem to try very hard not to hit you.
 
Yep. AI is basically blind and stupid now... You can be side by side and have it turn into you...
 
It has been reported elsewhere that AI cars tend to attack you more often if your car is in matte light green with pink wheels. Seems to be related to some revenge they are taking against bumpers in GT5

Anyway, after several complaints regarding AI cars attacking and hurting honest and clean GTplanet drivers, PD has just announced two new DLCs: tank and batmobile DLC, with a new coffee break "revenge for justice" mode
 
I could have sworn that later in GT5 they taught the AI to notice cars in the way; you could actually slow them down by blocking their path; but now the AI is back to running into you like you're not there. Very, very annoying when you're in a less powerful car and they crash right into you.
 
I've overtaken the lead car, just for them to tap my rear end and send me spinning back to 7th place. This was in the national a license 5 race championship.
I must have had to do that championship 20 times all because of that issue.
 
I have this a lot, especially after slip streaming them down a straight and then breaking a tad early into a corner, they always hit the side-rear end of my car. They are very stubborn with their driving line, heck, i'm even tempted to try Daytona with driving line on just to see if they follow it so I can steer clear of them as much as possible.
Nope that does not work. I have tried lol. They avoid each other but not you.
 
Only in missions / tests where after you pass the ai they make every attempt to blow you up and ruin youre run...
 
I think its much more realistic, you need to react to the situation now, rather then the other cars just sheepishly moving out of your way. You can adjust the amount of aggression for AI drivers in the settings.
 
Yeah it was driving me crazy.
 
Im gonna drop nails out of the back of my Aston when i press the sabotage button, that'll learn em Lol.....
 
Everyone complained about rubber-banding and dumb AI, now they are better and it's still not good enough because they actually drive and fight back.........amazing how that works :lol::lol::lol:
 
The AI isn't always considerate when trying to pass them, but if you spin out or wreck then they'll practically stop and wait up for you.

I don't mind the aggressive driving but I don't need the pity!
 
Back