Is anyone else having problems with the AI "attacking" them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vinyl Scratch
  • 33 comments
  • 2,110 views
In nascar - daytona speedway race, they always make my car spin out.

Yeah lemans, they hit you at over 200mph, into a braking zone... crazy.
 
I find it funny that they brake so early when they are ahead of me that I can sometimes pass two of them in the same corner but once I am ahead they will brake late and hit me from behind. I do not think of it as attacking. It does make the last lap more interesting if you are in P1 and have second place dogging you at every corner.
 
Who would've thought that DJ PON3 liked GT6! :dopey:

I've never really been attacked, thats probably because I just drive away from them.

Ha ha! Humble much? :D

Well that would be one way to solve the problem. I like the aggression because I think it does emulate life a bit. I am a grudge holder for sure so I think it's only fair that the AI should be too. Then I have to take responsibility for whatever I do on track.
 
I've been paying very close attention to this issue and keeping track. It is most definitely NOT the AI simply stubbornly staying on their line. It is definitely an aggressive attack on their part.
I had it happen to me in every single race during the GT500 and GT3 championship series, among others.
I saved all races and went back to view the replays.
They are definitely more aggressive.

At first I was really pissed. My thought was that no way on earth is this realistic. Any driver that purposely forced you off the track at 200mph (as has happened to me several times.) would be banned from racing for life if this was live racing.

But the longer I thought about it, the more I concluded that it's simply a new challenge to overcome.
I've found in at least one race so far that if you manage to get near the front without being spun out, the AI doesn't slow down in the last couple laps like it usually does.
Of course, getting to the front early and without being nudged off is the key!
 
Back