Is anyone NOT at A-40 with current seasonal payouts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lambob
  • 55 comments
  • 3,865 views
Messages
1,612
Canada
Montreal, Canada
Messages
NobleAtreides
just asking, I'm hoping the DLC will introduce higher A-Spec cars and tracks and events that can be "downloaded" and not "have to be online" to play.

Also, question being, with a potential casual 30 million / day payout on 3 hrs /day Enzo Seasonal Chicane cut grind, who didn't yet buy all the expensive cars?

I hope PD knows what they've done, and remedy a followup solution.
 
I'm not but primarily for 3 reasons:

1) When you could trade ANY car I was lucky enough to have gotten all the cars I wanted, and I really only race online against friends.

2) I play OTHER games besides GT.

3) MY PS3 YLOD, and I've been without for 3 weeks:grumpy:
 
I'm not because I can't be bothered to do the longer endurance races and I haven't had the time to grind the seasonals all the way to level 40.
 
Getting to Lvl 40 is no big deal, getting 100% completion is something that most people will never do as they can't be bothered with the longer endurance races. Personally, regarding the more expensive cars I got all those long ago before the big seasonal payouts started.

As for DLC, you say that like there has been DLC confirmed which to my knowledge there has not.
 
You write that title like you can't believe someone wouldn't want to spend all their time grinding out 30 million credits for 3 hours a day and hit level 40 as fast as possible.

Its the summer, I'm outside, enjoying the weather. I bought the game on launch day and I'm only level 35. And when I play, I play later on in the evening for an hour or two at most only races I enjoy doing or online with friends. I actually set up the seasonals so its a challenge, not a cakewalk. They are way more fun that way.
 
I'm still at level 32.. I don't like to grind the seasonal over and over again.. Although de la sarthe gives a lot!! I live with the money I earn from online races :) Don't really care about what level I'm in.

Cheers
 
I'm only at level 35 and I'm taking things slowly. Seasonal payouts doesn't motivate me to jump on the grinding wave. No doubt that I have got more cars and experience faster than usual but level 40 and 1000 cars are still far away.
 
Last edited:
I pre-ordered and I'm only at A-31. Can't be arsed to do the enduro races either. Even if I do the seasonals, it's purely for the money, not for the experience. Much rather focus on getting to B-35 and getting a X2010 Vettel :D
 
Last edited:
I only got GT5 again recently and Im still the same level I was behind my friend (He's 33 and Im 32) and thats how it will stay for a bit frankly.

I don't care about the level, its just a number that allows you to buy the "NoobThunder" from the dealership. Actually beating people in Circuit Racing, Dragging and Drifting is what matters to me!
 
just asking, I'm hoping the DLC will introduce higher A-Spec cars and tracks and events that can be "downloaded" and not "have to be online" to play.

Also, question being, with a potential casual 30 million / day payout on 3 hrs /day Enzo Seasonal Chicane cut grind, who didn't yet buy all the expensive cars?

I hope PD knows what they've done, and remedy a followup solution.

I'm not at level 40 yet and in no hurry to get there. What DLC's are you speaking of?
 
I don't keep track of what level I am.

35 I think...

What does it matter? Who really cares what level I am?

Some of the fastest guys I know are not 40. A couple of the slower guys I know ARE 40.
 
I attained level 40 A-spec just before the "cash cow" races showed up and it did indeed take a long time. It seemed like the distance between 35-40 was longer than 0-35...Just my opinion.
Btw,I remember only a few things happening after achieving the milestone.

1. The 24hr Nurburgring race is open for racing
2. You'll receive a trophy...No x2010 ever!!!!...You'll get one free for sleeping your way to level 35 b-spec but not for actually racing in A-spec.(How is that fair PD???)
3.You can now freely spend every last dime(YAY! another friggin' trophy for going broke!) on that ridiculous x2010 car...
Oh...And they will also let you see the xp points you would've won had you still been eligible to collect them.
Nothing cool happens at level 40 A-spec.
 
I got lvl 40 way before I did my first seasonal, glitch race, or autogrind.
 
Im level 32 and im not bothered about advancing beyond that .

I can now do the 4hr Nurburgring endurance race , I wont bother with the 24hrs .

I only play a few hours a week and I get bored repeating the same races over and over .
 
I'm at level 36 for some time, even with seasonals. I have other games to play, and level up in GT5 takes forever. Also, grinding is stupid and boring, but has to be done.
BTW I don't know what the hell are PD waiting for release some DLC...maybe they release when players have definitely gone...:p
 
I have a real life to live you know. Work, family, friends, my dog, and yeah other games too :D
 
I have a real life to live you know. Work, family, friends, my dog, and yeah other games too :D

This is pretty much how I feel too. I have felt as of late, that GT5, to me has gotten a little long in the tooth and the only thing that really keeps me coming back is to hook up my friends, try new seasonals, compete in time/drift trials, and clear out all the 0/0 mile cars in the online dealer when it refreshes.

Grinding the seasonals over and over gets boring after awhile and I am in no hurry to get to 40. Of course this is all just my opinion so take it as you may.:sly:
 
I'm at level 32 & in no hurry to get to level 40. I have absolutely zero interest in doing the same race over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over.............you get the idea.
 
I'm only level 18. I'm playing the game nice and slow, getting cars I find interesting and doing the races with reasonably competitive cars. That's the only way I'm going to get enjoyment out of this game, and it's working well so far. 👍
 
I have a real life to live you know. Work, family, friends, my dog, and yeah other games too :D

+1

Only difference is I have 2 big dogs that need lots of exercise.

I am at level 31 and I don't grind. I usually only repeat races that I have not gotten gold on. I like the races to be a challenge so sometimes that can take several tries. I see the seasonal events as a kind of extension to the A-Spec races. With the limited time I have to play I can barely keep up with them, and haven't done any other A-Spec races in a while. I race online, but only with friends and they have busy schedules too. I will get to level 40 someday, I only have another 30-40 years of work before I will be able to afford retirement so I will have plenty of time then.
 
shepzki
Getting to Lvl 40 is no big deal, getting 100% completion is something that most people will never do as they can't be bothered with the longer endurance races. Personally, regarding the more expensive cars I got all those long ago before the big seasonal payouts started.

As for DLC, you say that like there has been DLC confirmed which to my knowledge there has not.

Sadly this will be the first GT since it's inception that I won't have 100% on. As soon as I did my first b-spec race I realized I'd never do any of them again. How do u explain to your wife that yer playing a game but NOT playing a game... Such a waste.
 
As soon as I did my first b-spec race I realized I'd never do any of them again. How do u explain to your wife that yer playing a game but NOT playing a game... Such a waste.

Too true.
 
Got there way before these payouts arrived.
 
I'm at level 28 I think and really have no plans to get to level 40. I suppose it will happen in time though. I find single player extremely boring and only play it when I need credits to build cars to race online.
 
Nope level 39.
Spend less time playing GT5 than any thing else As Im......

BD/DVD watching ( Currently watching NCIS season 1. )
IPTV ( BBC ITV CH4 content.)
Audio book listerner.

Then other games if i don't do any of the above.
 
I'm lvl 40, and the only reason is, I'm on my way to platinium it. If you want to have 1000+ different cars, and A-spec lvl 40 the x3 seasenals are very helpful.
 
I hope PD knows what they've done, and remedy a followup solution.

I know what they did... made it possible for me to enjoy the game without having to be some hard-core gamer who does nothing but play gt5 for hours on end.

I can now enjoy the game, and get reasonable amounts of credits... and be able to do mostly online racing, instead of spending heaps of my precious spare free time mindlessly & joylessly grinding for credits while I listen to audio books. LOL

My aspec level is not 40... I'm not even sure of my aspec level, as I don't really care about that. It means very little to me. I'm more interested in having fun nifty races with cool cars with other real people!!
 
I'm working on it..35 1/2 over here..please don't kill me..:scared:
 
I've put off as long as possible to get to lvl 40 but last week it finally arrived.
A spec - 40
20 million in the bank
Own every race car
What a buzz kill! Just as I figured, my playing time has dropped considerably.
 
Currently Lvl 38. I'm happy with where I'm at. Theres nothing to look forward to after Level 40 so I'm in no rush. After Level 35 you only have a couple endurance races to open up and the ability to purchase X2010s which I could care less about.

Side note: I did go from Lvl 0-Lvl 32 in one day with my second account that I setup just for trading/Remote Bspec by only running the seasonals. I wanted all the 0 mile cars. My stats for this account are
Level 33
0% complete
 
Back