Is anyone NOT at A-40 with current seasonal payouts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lambob
  • 55 comments
  • 3,865 views
Double Post
 
Last edited:
You write that title like you can't believe someone wouldn't want to spend all their time grinding out 30 million credits for 3 hours a day and hit level 40 as fast as possible.

Its the summer, I'm outside, enjoying the weather. I bought the game on launch day and I'm only level 35. And when I play, I play later on in the evening for an hour or two at most only races I enjoy doing or online with friends. I actually set up the seasonals so its a challenge, not a cakewalk. They are way more fun that way.
^This, except it is winter here at the moment
I'm only at level 35 and I'm taking things slowly. Seasonal payouts doesn't motivate me to jump on the grinding wave. No doubt that I have got more cars and experience faster than usual but level 40 and 1000 cars are still far away.
^this

I have a real life to live you know. Work, family, friends, my dog, and yeah other games too :D
^this, except that I dont have a dog

I'm at level 32 & in no hurry to get to level 40. I have absolutely zero interest in doing the same race over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over.............you get the idea.
^ And most importantly this, except that I'm level 35
 
Level 32, 4 hours of the Nürburgring unlocked, job done. Never grinded at all.
 
I hit level 33, up from 32 after a few hours of seasonal races.

Level 40? I have a job and a family first and foremost, 40 can wait a few months.
 
No, I am not current A-32
I've got plenty of money to buy most car I want. I also collected all those car which cost $20m.
In addition, I have other much "meaningful" activity to join.

Besides, I am already B-40. So why bother I've got A-40 or not?
 
I'm not Level 40 yet. Because, you know, I actually have a life.
 
Still taking my sweet time at level 29. Recently started to hammer the Seasonal Events mainly for the prize money but the XP is a nice bonus too.

Just moved house though, so no internet at home for a fortnight until the engineer pops around and plugs the DSL in so it's back to trying to finish the endurance events.
 
Im not at aspec 40 yet only on 36 the tripled payout is easy for cash but still takes a while to rack up all the xp
 
From seasonals alone in the last month I've gone from lvl 32 to 33, but I haven't done any grinding really. For me to get to 40 by the end of the year I think PD will need to implement saving and loading from the enduros.
 
1) When you could trade ANY car I was lucky enough to have gotten all the cars I wanted.....

2) I play OTHER games besides GT.

I'm not because I can't be bothered to do the longer endurance races and I haven't had the time to grind the seasonals all the way to level 40.

Getting to Lvl 40 is no big deal.....

I'm only at level 35 and I'm taking things slowly. Seasonal payouts doesn't motivate me to jump on the grinding wave. No doubt that I have got more cars and experience faster than usual but level 40 and 1000 cars are still far away.

These.

I'm at 36 though.
60 Gold licence tests are more important than level 40.
 
I'm at level 32 & in no hurry to get to level 40. I have absolutely zero interest in doing the same race over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over & over.............you get the idea.

I disagree with this. The current seasonals are a great way to DRIVE & tune all your different cars & make loads of CR. & exp. as a by-product. Then you buy even more cars & the cycle repeats. So, I'm making hay while the sun shines...:)

A-Spec: Level 39.6
B-Spec: Level 37.? & don't intend going any higher at this point. Only have the 2 x 24hr enduros to do & have both the Toyota & McLaren prize cars anyway.
 
I'm just a few points away from level 38, thanks to the seasonals. The only races left to do are those two 24-hour races.

All I've been doing was getting cash, cleaning out the OCD and UCD (getting 1000 unique cars rather than hundreds of go-karts; even one is one too many), trying to get gold in the special events, and ... playing other games.
 
Nurburgthing.
These.

I'm at 36 though.
60 Gold licence tests are more important than level 40.

Getting all golds is much more difficult as well.
 
All I've been doing was getting cash, cleaning out the OCD and UCD (getting 1000 unique cars rather than hundreds of go-karts; even one is one too many), trying to get gold in the special events, and ... playing other games.

Yesterday, I've just bought my 1000 different car. Well, since I've goldened almost everything in the game, this trophy was the most boring one, even with the 3x money. I've started before 25 days.... I don't want to think about how much more time I would probably need with the 1x money, to finish it :scared: . The most boring part of this trophy is, when you reach number of around 960 cars, the ones you don't have never appear.

The Licenses, and the special are hard but they are intresting and challenging. Today, I've just taken the gold at Eiger, which was hard, but funy :) .
 
Last edited:
At level 40 don't you get an enhanced damage model?
 
darren200cook
At level 40 don't you get an enhanced damage model?

where did this come from?! i reached lv40 ages ago n i see NO difference!
n i still have loads if enudro races but i have no intention of sitting there for hours on end to get a pathetic payout! ill probably do them when and if this introduce in race game saves!
n b spec....look at my sig!! its soo boring!
 
where did this come from?! i reached lv40 ages ago n i see NO difference!
n i still have loads if enudro races but i have no intention of sitting there for hours on end to get a pathetic payout! ill probably do them when and if this introduce in race game saves!
n b spec....look at my sig!! its soo boring!

That was the rumor about a week or two after the game came out. So then everyone RUSHED to reach level 40 and talked so much crap about how the game sucks because they needed to rubberband their controller to grind out races non stop to level up and make money.

Then Kaz and Polyphony directly responded to it saying, no its not true.
 
nice replies, from all. was curious where most stand. I in no way intended for anyone to feel forced to get to A-40. Ultimately, it is a game, it is your driving ability that counts above all else, in real life and in virtuoso. I too was at A-40 prior to the 3x seasonal, with 60 golds , and replaying some old school challenges and just enjoying the game , it offers something different for everyone. Different (engine)strokes for different(ial) folks, Happy driving everyone!

And now I'm off to see U2 360! WOO! show of the century!, I can hear their sound check from my office, it feels so cool.
 
Sadly this will be the first GT since it's inception that I won't have 100% on. As soon as I did my first b-spec race I realized I'd never do any of them again. How do u explain to your wife that yer playing a game but NOT playing a game... Such a waste.

hahahaha. My girlfriend thinks the same way about B-Spec so I do them when she is not around or else it's just too hard to explain how B-Spec works. She barely gets video games.
 
I'm at level 34. Course I just started over a couple weeks ago after I lost my save data.

I got to this level quickly just using the Seasonals to tune my new cars.
 
hit 40 the first few days I glitched at SS7, months ago, and since have found pleasure in trying to build a garage as fast as possible without grinding a lot....yes I repeat the more fun hi buck seasonals but never anything like 3 hrs a day..more like 3 races for the money and several more for the fun, which are usually lower payouts and low pressure to win, even though I always expect to win against AI. So far only the expert seasonal races have been any challenge.
 
Honestly the XP award isn't even that great. Its actually pretty bad when you compare it to the tons of credits you win after each race... You can save up 20 million credits and still be at the same level. (I'm 35 A-spec)
 
Level 39 here and i'm ok with it, i'm not really interested in lv 40 anyway.
 
I want to get to level 40 so I can buy X2010s but I'm in no hurry.
 
I was level 36 on January. The SSR7 glitch came out and i grinded with friends online and got to 40. It bugs me tho when i see 40 lvl players and they've driven 40k miles in distance....i may have done the glitch but im closing to 100k miles in distance, which is pretty normal i think. Well, i got to 40. So what? I can still lose to a 30-32 level driver. Unfortunately, when getting to 40 nothing special happens....
 
I'm level 35, just doing the seasonal events a couple times a day, nothing too extreme. Does anyone know how long the big payouts are going to be around? If it is a limited time thing, I might take advantage of it more than I am right now.
 
Back