Is anyone still playing FM3?

• Thread starter BlueSky
  • 58 comments
Is anyone here still playing Forza 3? I just might start it over again just to have some Porsche fun! I really miss having all the Porsche models in Forza 4. The Ruf's are nice but are not a replacement for the Porsche models that were included with FM3. I especially miss the 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS!!!!

I traded F3 in about a week after I purchased F4. First I sold ALL my cars in the AH for $5,000 each. Took about 3 hours but every single car sold instantly. It was my gift to the Forza community. :)

I still have to finish the event list, but I'm afraid I will never ever take the time to do that :S I miss the Porsches as well! The '73 RS was an epic drive in FM3...

I worked on the event playlist for 2 straight years and only made it to 50%. It was the only achievement I didnt have for F3. Loved the game but I just didnt have enough time to get through the event playlist before F4 came out. I am sure I also wont finish the F4 event playlist before F5 comes out since it will probably be out within 2 years. But I mean this in a good way, I would prefer the playlist to be huge like this than to be small.

I agree, I had the same problem with time... although I think the event list for FM4 will take less time, I still think I probably won't ever finish it..

... I miss the Porsches as well! The '73 RS was an epic drive in FM3...

Absolutely!!!! My most used car in FM3 without a doubt was the 1973 Carrera RS. It's a fantastic and FUN drive.

I eventually did finish the event list in FM3 but it was very time consuming.

<snip> But I mean this in a good way, I would prefer the playlist to be huge like this than to be small.

Same here... without a doubt. It's great having a huge event list to pick and choose from even if you can't finish it. Much better than blowing through the entire list of races in only a couple of weeks.

I kind of stopped playing FM3. Once I get my CSR wheel/CSRE pedals I'll dip back in. I freakin LOVE Porsches and I seriously miss them so that alone is one of the big factors for me to go back.

I freakin LOVE Porsches and I seriously miss them so that alone is one of the big factors for me to go back.

Obviously, they don't love you/us that much. 👎 Otherwise they'd be in FM4. I did without them in the GT games. And I'll do fine without them in the future. :)

I would go back to FM3 to drive the 951 and 914/6, and Carrera RS...if only the game didn't have superglue tires.

Yes, I do play Forza 3. I bought a XBox bundle a few weeks ago, just for playing Forza. Will wait with Forza 4 till I got the Solid Gold achievment in Forza 3. I'm in season 6 now...

It's a great game! I have a lot of fun with it!! Was a GT player before... :)

I hope there will be some activities in the Forza 3 part of this forum ;)

I ventured back to Forza 3 a few days ago just to get my fix of Porsche's! There were a few things that immediately struck me that I hadn't really noticed while playing through the game in the past.

First, the physics... FM4 is a vast improvement there. It's really noticeable when you're flying around a tight corner in FM3, and you exit the corner at a higher speed than you should. The car doesn't (naturally) push back and throw you off your line (the glue on the tires analogy).

Second, the lighting... Now that I've played FM4, the lighting in FM3 seems really dark. I had noticed that problem during my first play through of the game, but not to this extent.

Still, being able to drive the Porsche's is reason enough for me to pop in the FM3 disc from time to time. Even with these noticeable differences it's still a great game!

^ Whenever I miss the 951 in Forza 4 I take the FC RX-7 for a spin. It's no substitute :sly: but Mazda did design it as a copycat.

I managed to get every event in FM3 done. Granted I hired a driver for the Endurance races but did everything else, not sure if that still counts or not. Either way, should be able to get everything done in FM4 well before the inevitable FM5 in a couple of years or so.

I've done the first 30 % :) Last weekend I finished all drag races - that was boring. Today I drove the first endurance race, 138 km that's not so much.

Still have a lot of fun with Fora 3 👍

I seriously am about to pop in FM3 JUST for some laps with Porsches I have in the game but the physics are different and I soooooooooooooo hope that FM4 gets the brand via DLC.

same here. taking a few porsches around rally di positano FULL right now :(

Well aparedntly Need for speed took the shared license away from forza and that is why there are Ruf's in it. Just like eveyother game around.

wow, i took a porsche round rally di positano 2 days ago, man, despite porsches not being in fm4, forza 4 is better then 3 in every way. i could not even play fm3 anymore lol.

I couldn't play FM3 when it was new. The physics have come a long way.

You guys are making me miss Rally di Positano Full, though...we need more tracks like that.

I have only had Xbox a couple of months and have got 3 + 4, so I am doing them in chronological order.

Back