Is B-spec Bob able to "learn"?

United States
Somewhere in the Northeast
AllFizzledOut
TakeALLTheNames
Kind of like how in GT5 you were able to level him up, is there a way of knowing in GT6 if he's gotten better?

Nope. Responds better to your commands, but doesn't get better. No point in having both really.

I don't think he learns. I played around with Bspec when it first came out and I found that on Spa bob kept running into the wall on the first turn from start. He proceeds to run off track at 4 different areas on Spa regardless of car I choose. I tried over an over for a few hours with the same set of cars to see if he would "learn" track and car but nope....Needless to say I was disappointed that PD still cant get Bspec right. Bob still slams into cars, still wont use the whole track to get by cars, and still can't navigate a track properly and still cant go around turns even near the max the car can. Pretty sad.

No he doesn't. My Bob always makes the same mistake (Galgenkopf) on the last lap of the N24 every single time he does the race. He doesn't do it on lap 1 or 2 only on the last lap. :banghead:

No he doesn't. My Bob always makes the same mistake (Galgenkopf) on the last lap of the N24 every single time he does the race. He doesn't do it on lap 1 or 2 only on the last lap. :banghead:

Same exact thing he does for me also.....same track, same place, same lap.

He doesn't get any better but you can learn what to do with bob and how to control him, I like to use him as I can't be bothered to race but, I have mastered when to pit how to overtake etc.

From the 400+ races i've put my BOB through the only thing he has learned is i don't trust him for any car with decent power on "push it hard" 550pp seems ok but 600+ and it's PTP only.

Looking at how he has driven the same course over 150 times whilst i record lap times without any further involvement from me in the race for each car i have my guesswork here is:-

I think the old GT5 powermeter is now hidden (cold/neutral/hot) but still used to an extent. By this i mean when he is chasing or in the pack he will be aggressive on all settings albeit very aggressive on PIH, then when he gets to #1 he seems to ease off as the gap time between him and car 2 even with a couple of laps to go and a clear track does not move up too much.
e.g. i've 150 daytona 600pp laps in with 150 different cars and most of the time if the car gets to #1 finishes between 12-15s in front. I've seen him make 10s up in traffic so some cars should finish much higher gap time but he appears to ease off once in front.

I agree with Lord Vader cause I don't want to get force choked. lol...Joking but you are correct and its the same conclusion I came to as well. The temperament programming from GT5 is still being used because in traffic Bob and the other AI drivers drive very differently than when they are alone either out front or out back just like in GT5. I have always hated that as real life race drivers drive to win so if the car behind them regardless of position starts to gain on them when they are just pacing out front, mid pack or just for place they will try to match the pace or just go faster to secure their position.

In all GT's Bspec modes Bobs and computer slack off and stop driving to their potential until a car comes up on their butts then the cold/neutral/hot temperament nonsense starts up again. I am disappointed in PD that after all these years of Bspec they just cant program a proper Bob driving algorithm. The fool just isn't programed to be very good. Is that a reflection of the programmers skills or hardware limitation? I guess we shall see with the PS4's GT7. If they still can't get it right on that supremely easier to program and more powerful system then we will know the answer.

Back