Is Cereal Soup?

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 59 comments

Can you class Cereal and Milk as a "Soup"?

• Yes. This changes everything!

• No. Are you dumb for even suggesting that?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
A question that was just posed on the radio, is a bowl of Cereal and Milk a type of soup?

It's a liquid in a bowl with some lumpy bits - sounds like soup to me. If you leave the milk in something spongy like Weetabix, it can all coalesce into a wet, gloopy mess that feels a lot like a could soup. And before anyone says it needs to be hot to be soup, let me introduce you to Gazpacho.

2866-lg.jpg

I’m gonna say no because it lacks meat and/or veg and/or thickening agent. Also, if I ask for a soup for breakfast I’m typically not going to get given a bowl of Coco Pops.

A question that was just posed on the radio, is a bowl of Cereal and Milk a type of soup?

It's a liquid in a bowl with some lumpy bits - sounds like soup to me. If you leave the milk in something spongy like Weetabix, it can all coalesce into a wet, gloopy mess that feels a lot like a could soup. And before anyone says it needs to be hot to be soup, let me introduce you to Gazpacho.

2866-lg.jpg

Not a soup because it isn't made with stock. It can go soupy, but it isn't soup.

This is what the world's come to :D

I’m gonna say no because it lacks meat and/or veg and/or thickening agent.
Cereal is all in itself vegetable matter, being made from seeds from various grasses. Milk is water, fat and protein. Meat is pretty much just Fat and Protein anyway, so the Milk can be classed as "meat" in this process. The cereal itself is a thickening agent.

Especially Porridge. That is basically Oat Soup.

I’m gonna say no because it lacks meat and/or veg and/or thickening agent. Also, if I ask for a soup for breakfast I’m typically not going to get given a bowl of Coco Pops.
The cereal itself is the thickening agent.
I'm going to say no, because you don't eat it with a soup spoon.
I do. I also eat pizza rolls with a soup spoon sometimes. Are pizza rolls soup?

Absolutely not. What a horrifying proposal. Is there no line people will not cross!

Cereal is not a soup and I will die on this hill as many times as it takes to get some sense out of this crazy world!

Soup is a liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water. You don't boil cereal milk, so I'd say it's not soup.

Cereal is not soup unless you consider anything you place in a bowl as soup. If you have cereal without milk, there is no liquid and it cannot be classified as soup unless you classify soup as anything in a bowl.

Cereal is not soup unless you consider anything you place in a bowl as soup. If you have cereal without milk, there is no liquid and it cannot be classified as soup unless you classify soup as anything in a bowl.
The thread is asking about cereal and milk, not cereal without milk.

Beef isn't soup either but beef soup is.

The thread is asking about cereal and milk, not cereal without milk.

Beef isn't soup either but beef soup is.
Would you classify ice cream as soup then, when placed in a bowl?

Yes. But did you know Tomatoes are fruit?

*Diabolical Laugh*

Jerome

Back