IS F1 2013 WORTH BUYING ???

• Thread starter Pichon617
  • 59 comments
Kurei, has brought back some excitement for me too but I just have trouble trusting Codemasters after Grid 1
I may just buy a used copy of F1 2012 and buy 2013 or 2014 later if everything works out. I'm just not ready to give $60 to CM and I really hate tinkering with sliders.

Kurei, has brought back some excitement for me too but I just have trouble trusting Codemasters after Grid 1
I may just buy a used copy of F1 2012 and buy 2013 or 2014 later if everything works out. I'm just not ready to give $60 to CM and I really hate tinkering with sliders.
You can find 2013 (basic version) for 20-30 bucks already and then pay 10 extra for the 90's cars no?

It's currently on sale on PSN EU for 10.99 pounds. It's shame it's not on sale in NA too.

Don't buy it from there that's a rip off :D
Check this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DY4QYUO/?tag=gtplanetuk-20

It's the european PAL version though, but i'm sure you find it in the states for that price also ;)

The physical version was never released in North America. There was a limited quantity of early release versions floating around on Ebay before they found the error with the SKU or whatever, but they might be all sold by now. North American disc versions are rare, so even if you do find one on Ebay they would be at least full price. That's where I got my disc copy. But PS3s are region free, so you can buy a disc copy from anywhere and it should work.

Last edited:
It's currently on sale on PSN EU for 10.99 pounds. It's shame it's not on sale in NA too.

The physical version was never released in North America. There was a limited quantity of early release versions floating around on Ebay before they found the error with the SKU or whatever, but they might be all sold by now. North American disc versions are rare, so even if you do find one on Ebay they would be at least full price. That's where I got my disc copy. But PS3s are region free, so you can buy a disc copy from anywhere and it should work.

That ^, I had to order my copy from Amazon, and will be ordering WRC-4 tomorrow most likely. I can see WRC not getting a US release, but no F1:2013 release after all the others was a bit odd imo.

Hell I might come in cheaper by creating an EU PSN account.

Hell I might come in cheaper by creating an EU PSN account.
Might have to do that also, tried to buy it on the PSN store thanks to the heads up of @Awong124 , but i couldn't send funds with my paypal account due to their bloody country restrictions (my PSN account is Belgian but my Paypal is Spanish)... Hello Sony! Both countries use €!... for god's sake.

Edit: created a Spanish PSN account and now it worked. I hope Sony isn't gonna gloat on how much PSN users are registered because a crapload of their accounts are probably from the same persons :D

Last edited:
I've debated back and forth whether or not to buy F1 2013. I made the choice to get F1 2010. I played it last night and this morning and had a good deal of fun. I used Darin Gangi's wheel settings and had no wheel issues. Codemaster's history of bugs, prior steering wheel issues with Grid 1 and the fact that I'm new to Formula 1 impacted my decision to pay $2.50 for an older game, rather than $60 for a new game.

Since I am having fun with F1 2010, I'll probably give Grid Autosport a serious look as well as F1 2014. Although the removal of the "Live the life" in later games does suck though..

Last edited:
I've debated back and forth whether or not to buy F1 2013. I made the choice to get F1 2010. I played it last night and this morning and had a good deal of fun. I used Darin Gangi's wheel settings and had no wheel issues. Codemaster's history of bugs, prior steering wheel issues with Grid 1 and the fact that I'm new to Formula 1 impacted my decision to pay $2.50 for an older game, rather than $60 for a new game.

Since I am having fun with F1 2010, I'll probably give Grid Autosport a serious look as well at F1 2014. Although the removal of the "Live the life" in later games does suck though..

Well, $2.50 is a no-brainer. That's practically free.

Codemaster's history of bugs, prior steering wheel issues with Grid 1 and the fact that I'm new to Formula 1 impacted my decision to pay $2.50 for an older game, rather than $60 for a new game.
Paying 60 for a game that's already half a year old is silly. Yes you could buy it for that price in stores but you can find copies for half that price easily here and there. F1 2013 and it's classic content is definitely worth 20-30 € though ;)

Another reason to buy - may be last year when engines sound like engines and not lawn mowers as in Formula One, 2104 season :)

I've been playing this on the PC for a few day and I absolutely love it! I am playing on a DFGT with a pretty good wheel setup and after you get the settings all good, the game is pure fun!

Paying 60 for a game that's already half a year old is silly. Yes you could buy it for that price in stores but you can find copies for half that price easily here and there. F1 2013 and it's classic content is definitely worth 20-30 € though ;)

I doubt there are copies of it in stores over here (I live in New Orleans) and it's still going for $60 on PSN and on Amazon.

I'm going to do a seven year career (currently doing one Grand Prix per day) and then maybe looking at the F1 2013 complete edition or a possible F1 2014 if Codies puts it out on PS3/PSN.

I doubt there are copies of it in stores over here (I live in New Orleans) and it's still going for $60 on PSN and on Amazon.

I'm going to do a seven year career (currently doing one Grand Prix per day) and then maybe looking at the F1 2013 complete edition or a possible F1 2014 if Codies puts it out on PS3/PSN.

Amazon is selling the 'classic edition' for £60 still.

I think PD can learn a lot from CM's F1 series. There are two things F1 2O13 does very well:

Immersion and Competition

You're not just going from menu to menu in these races, but rather, you're learning each track in Practice sessions, racing the clock for Qualifiers and then battling it out on raceday. All while communicating with your pit crew, manifesting pit strategies and adapting driving styles based on circumstances. And when you win, it's not just a series of stars that fill your screen, but a full celebration by the crowd, acknowledgement from news reports and praising from team principles. That's the type of immersion GT6 lacks.

F1 2013 is also very competitive. Try driving a full race with all assists off, no HUD and AI set to the highest difficulty. These guys don't slow down to a mere halt in the corners (like GT6's AI.) These guys are going all-out, fighting for position on every hairpin. Not once have I ever been able to casually play F1 2013. I always have to sit down in my seat, dim the lights, set up the audio system and focus on my upcoming race. This is regardless if you're racing AI or a group of friends. It's a very competitive game.

As a GAME, I prefer F1 2013 way more than GT6. It does what it sets out to do and it does it well. As a huge F1 fan, I have a blast playing it. The older F1 cars are nice, but they don't feel as defined as the modern ones, as if their physics models were just slightly tweaked to fit the bill. They're more of a novelty experience, rather than a game changer. Still fun, though.

I recommend F1 for anyone who is a fan of F1. No other game like it.

If you're a fan of F1, and like to pretend you're an F1 driver winning races and championships, then F1 2013 should be great for you. The career mode's pretty great, working your way up to a top team is fun, the AI is pretty challenging (a little stupid at times though) and the graphics are the best in the series yet. But there are some problems, the handling of the classic cars is pretty bad (the 80s at least), the young driver test is boring and it'll probably be irritating to play once the first race of F1 2014 is done with.
the classic car handling is pretty accurate because they didn't have much down force back then so it was a bit wild

Dunno if the game is region restricted, but if a PAL copy works just buy it second hand on ebay or amazon.uk and pay 5 bucks extra for shipping costs ;)

one thing I must say is that f1 2010 is still my fave of the code masters games with f1 2011 being the worst by far only owned f1 2011 for about 3 weeks then sold it as I just didn't like the physics of the game as much then it improved again in 2012 but still not up to the standards of 2010 then 2013 is improved again but I still feel the physics and feel of f1 2010 is the best with the padock and after race interviews

Recently got it and it's great fun. The graphics are relatively poor, but hey at least I'm having fun with the game.
I like the environmental effects though like the glaze of the sun and birds flying over. Was talking about it with @anim8r_uk in the GAS thread (Grid Autosport), as he is responsible for creating these animations over there at codies. :)

They do an excellent job at that 👍

they do and OK job at that yes the birds are great but I know a race driver and his said you do not get that sort of glare anywhere he has been in single seaters

Back