Is Force India's Future as an F1 Team in Jeopardy?

It sounds a bit more complicated than that. The entire team at the track have stripped any remnants of the name force India from the trucks, coaches and motorhome along with various sponsors. Rumour has it the Stroll led consortium don't own the entry of Force India ltd and some Indian creditors are making it difficult to acquire. A new team name and effectively entry would require all teams to agree of they want their revenue share.

Long story short, Stroll owns the team but not the entry into the championship.

More rumours circulating around the situation. Liberty media looking get all teams to agree to a new rescue plan which would erase all championship points for the team and see some driver changes happen. Likely Stroll to FI, Kubica to Williams race seat and Ocon to McLaren from Monza.

However the main source for this has been auto motor und sport.de and not many other places.

Also Bob Fernley has left following the ownership change.

Last edited:
The team, and it’s entry into F1, have officially been renamed Racing Point Force India - the worst F1 team name I can remember in all my time watching the sport :lol:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/force-india-new-entry-racing-point/3163087/

The name change means they are forfeiting their entry as Force India, and therefor lose all their points earned as FI. This means RPFI are officially last in the constructor’s championship, on (0) points. Williams move to 9th place with their 4 points.

I’m going to make the assumption that this “Racing Point Force India” word jambalaya is a temporary solution to see out the rest of the season, and a proper team rename will take place over the off season.

Christmas pudding...that's a **** name. I will chuckle though when they exceed Williams' season in one race (points wise). Gives me something to watch, see how far they can climb in the remaining races. I'm more interested to see how all the driver musical-chairs is put into place in Spa.

Latest Posts

Back