Is Force India's Future as an F1 Team in Jeopardy?

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 29, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

IngRobNy likes this.
  2. Disco_Volante

Disco_Volante

I don't think the team will fold. Going into administration gives them time, and they seem to have a lot of interested buyers. Sure Force India will go but not the actual team itself.

3. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

I feel bad for Perez. He only did what was necessary to ensure the team keeps going, and the media are portraying him as the devil for doing so.

4. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

What media? I haven't looked into it too much yet

5. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

This to start with. Completely unwarranted and honestly not fair to the situation.

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  6. FireEmblem10

FireEmblem10

richenergyfunds.jpeg

That looks like 30 million pounds to me.

LMSCorvetteGT2 and Alpha Cipher like this.
  7. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

Okay, you said media portraying him and that makes me think of news articles. This is just one of their sponsors being butthurt and putting it on social media. The word orchestrated is the bad choice of words there.

8. baldgye

baldgye Premium

It’s one sponsor at that.

All the media coverage I’ve seen and all the journalists covering it seem to agree that what’s happened is for the best interests of the team.
    I wonder if Rich Engery would have preferred a similar fate to the one that Lotus suffered before being bought by Renault...

9. gladbecker82

gladbecker82

I would believe 30 million pounds should be a large sum of money for a company that isn't world famous.

I also have to ask where that Vijay guy is?

10. baldgye

baldgye Premium

11. pyrates

pyrates Premium

12. baldgye

baldgye Premium

Business though isn't it... you can thank the Concorde Agreement

13. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Strange translation from German to Italian to English... I particularly liked "Williams and McLaren are not cucumbering because of lack of money at the end of the field", I think a better translation of gurken in that context would be "pushing back" or "knock the idea on the head" from the phrase "hit it on the nose with a cucumber".

Why shouldn't the teams who are financially viable to the end of the season be difficult about teams that aren't still being able to cash prize money that they're not eligible for under the rules? If questions like this are always agreed then it sets a precedent for more financially non-viable teams to try to get into the sport.

14. pyrates

pyrates Premium

Yeah but a short-sighted one. It's just bad for F1 as a whole and lacks the racing spirit on which the teams were originally built. I don't know, I've probably grown frustrated with F1 and the rather extreme seperation in Formula A and B this year.

twitcher likes this.
  15. Dotini

Dotini Premium

Force India have finished 4th in the constructor's championship the last two years, no mean feat. They have over 400 employees and several key, first rate people. Their loss would be deeply felt if they had to dissolve to pay off their debts. Hopefully it won't be like that. I think they are clearly worth saving. However, there is talk of malaise in F1, just as there is in other forms of motor sport. Some of it is undoubtedly true. Answers are few and problems are many.

16. Atwork

Atwork

The media covers Force India?

17. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

Yes, why wouldn't they?

18. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

darth_tails likes this.
  19. adb

adb

I will start saving for a Williams bid :D

BrainsBush likes this.
  20. Simmpa

Simmpa

TheElbows likes this.
  21. Kingofweasles

Kingofweasles

Hot damn, looks like Bild actually got one of their "Exclusive Stories" right for once... I wonder what Williams is going to do because their primary backer is leaving.

22. twitcher

twitcher

Good news for all the FI employees. They seem like a crack group, given what they’ve been able to do with the resources they’ve had. It would have been a shame to see them out of F1.

So Lance has his permanent seat at FI, who do you pare with him?

BrainsBush likes this.
  23. Theiceman1

Theiceman1

At least some 400+ jobs saved..

BrainsBush likes this.
  24. daan

daan Moderator

That's a bit drastic. Lance might not be great, but he doesn't deserve that.

25. Dennisch

Dennisch Premium

The skin contains the most vitamins!

Fasterbater likes this.
  26. twitcher

twitcher

:lol: whoops, good job auto correct :banghead:

27. darth_tails

darth_tails

This is good news, I like the Force India team and the fact they are performing this year so I am glad to see they will
    continue in F1 and hopefully the Belgium GP will show some strong performance.

28. TheElbows

TheElbows

Glad to see them hang around. Though, I do feel they're way off pace considering how they've performed the past few years. Hope to see them back up there. For a while I would say they were a solid 3rd best team (even beating Red Bull efforts on occasion over the past few years).

So, does Perez get the boot for being "behind" some of this, or was Stroll, etc. communicating with him prior to it all happening? Ocon is no longer going to Renault, so I hope he doesn't end up at Williams. I think Ocon is the stronger, younger driver with a better future - I'd keep him over Perez (though Perez brings money).

29. danimac

danimac

This definitely means Lance Stroll gets a Force India Drive in the future. Must be a great feeling having a billionaire father, not taking a stab at Lance just saying it makes him a little more flexible. But he's still got to perform on the track.

30. BrainsBush

BrainsBush