Is Gran Turismo prepared to compete with next gen physics?

I fully appreciate everything said. If someone didn't read to the last line, they are NOT a good gamer, and deserve the pitiful half-way setup the PS3 has forced on us.

Well said.
You don't think it's a little uncalled for to refer to people as "dolts" because they don't read a long manifesto on the internet?:odd:

Well, the "dolt" is a little harsh, but, really, sometimes it's worth it to spend some time reading.... ;)
I wasn't bothered one bit because he didn't seem to notice that nobody but him was talking about the ps3.

I wasn't bothered one bit because he didn't seem to notice that nobody but him was talking about the ps3.
I have to apologize for the comment that I made. I looked at that guy's profile and some of his posts and had discovered that he is developmentally disabled. It is wrong to take stabs at the handicap and I shouldn't have made a knee jerk reaction like I did. Sorry.

My question is: Is the Gran Turismo franchise set up to implement a ground up restructuring of how the physics system works to stay relevant for years to come?

It's a tough question that I suspect won't be answered directly. If you're asking whether PDI will glom onto someone else's models, ie, DriveClub or Forza, or whomever, I suppose it's possible but I suspect they'll continue to use and improve their own models and those they create with their partner companies, rather than complying with someone else's standards. Truth is, most of their limits right now do seem to boil down to the ever out-of-date Sony game-console hardware on which it runs, along with managerial issues intrinsic to the culture of the company.

Last edited:
Back