Is GT and Pokémon alike

  • Thread starter Thread starter Com Fox
  • 67 comments
  • 4,479 views

Is GT and Pokémon alike


  • Total voters
    88
No clue maybe because it is a GT forum.
 

You really don't see the collecting side of GT at all? I don't think the OP was suggesting the gameplay is directly the same but the idea of collecting them is very similar in GT5. GT5 is all about collecting things.
 
You really don't see the collecting side of GT at all? I don't think the OP was suggesting the gameplay is directly the same but the idea of collecting them is very similar in GT5. GT5 is all about collecting things.

Congratulations you are correct, but the other 3 things as well are also considered.
 
Mew 2 = X1
Both are stupidly overpowered and unbeatable (almost).

Yeah could be a connection, both come from Japan.
 
Don't forget Arceus.
 
"Cobra, i choose you!"

the opponent sends out Nurburgring.

Cobra uses comfort hard tyres!

It was not very effective...
 
Fiat 500 = Magikarp.
I have a feeling these will become memes.
 
Polyphony Digital used Modify Car PP!
It's not very effective...
 
Nascar used right turn.
Nascar fainted...
 
Kind of alike except for the graphics :sly:
 
The graphics is not really important here, but i can't stop you.
 
This is a pretty close poll.
 
I don't know. I've never played or even seen a Pokemon game so I have no real basis for comparison. All I know about Pokemon is that my little brothers played it and when they talked about it I wanted to strangle them both to death. Now, when I hear people talking about GT5, I do not usually want to strangle them to death. So on that, the only (loosely put together) basis for comparison that I have between the two, I must say that no, GT5 is not like Pokemon.
 
OK, Pokemon is a game where you travel around the world trying to catch em' all and other stuff.
 
No, not at all to be honest. While there is some similarity its really stretching the definition.
 
Let me think about it.... 💡

No. Not alike at all...

Unless you do collect 0/0/0 cars :sly:

"Gotta catch all the Skylines"
 
No, not at all to be honest. While there is some similarity its really stretching the definition.

How?
 
I really don't understand how people can't see some similarities.
 
I really don't understand how people can't see some similarities.

Neither do I understand how this thread has not been locked yet...
 
Drag Racing.
Anything but genre can be counted in this form.
 
Last edited:
Drag Racing.
Anything but genre can be counted in this form.

Too general. Then Madden NFL Football games are like Pokemon.
 
Pokemon not just about battling even though its the reason some buy pokemon (like me).
 
No because those retards on Pokemon decide to be Nomads and walk through id say about 98% of the entire series. Even in the games you just put on the ol' trusty running shoes and your out.

I mean geez they could have at least gotten a rice burner honda for mad cheap they could have sold a metapod for it or just pieced all the parts together from an old blender, some pvc pipe, construction paper, and the ever so widely used zip ties. geez just laziness

but of course I'm kidding Pokemon is a very good game and series. I did find it weird how their only mode of transportation was the shoelace express.
 
LOL.
Well in the Black, White and the sequels their are trucks and planes but you can't drive them. :( However you can ride the plane in the sequel.
 
Back