Is GT Sport going to increase payouts?

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 153 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada
Oak Bay, NB, Canada
Bic44
I know this has been talked about before, but with more high end (read:expensive) cars in the mix than before, and having watched GT6 increasing payouts as the game aged, I think it’s fair to ask this question. We have the two Ferraris - P4 and 250 GTO, the Jag and the Ford Mark IV all coming in at $20,000000 each, a Shelby and Lambo at $15,000000 and a newly added Alfa worth $10,000000 (there may be others I’m forgetting) - if my math is right that’s $120,000000.

Now, if we’re very good at grinding we could reasonably get about $750,000 in an hour. If we want just one $20 million car that is (rounded up) to 27 hours. 27 hours of just grinding and nothing else - and no buying anything else. Want all the 20 million cars? That’s 81 hours. All the really expensive cars? 160 hours. Of grinding. And nothing else.

If these cars were half the price, it would feel a lot better. Obviously, that won’t happen. But if we had, say, the login bonus like GT6, we could seriously cut down on the time it takes. Maybe you don’t care about these cars - and that’s fine. But as someone who loves these things, I’d love to find a way to drive them all before the next GT is out. And as for the daily reward, I’ve acquired over 100 gift cars with my most expensive one being a Shelby Cobra. I don’t know, maybe I’m overblowing this a bit, but I’d love to see the payouts changed. These cars SHOULD be difficult to acquire. But maybe not this difficult

To answer your thread title question; how can anyone outside of PD possibly know? Until you see an official announcement either here on the homepage or the official GT website then just assume it's not going to change. This reply can also apply to any other "When are we getting. . . . ." threads and questions.

I know this has been talked about before, but with more high end (read:expensive) cars in the mix than before, and having watched GT6 increasing payouts as the game aged, I think it’s fair to ask this question. We have the two Ferraris - P4 and 250 GTO, the Jag and the Ford Mark IV all coming in at $20,000000 each, a Shelby and Lambo at $15,000000 and a newly added Alfa worth $10,000000 (there may be others I’m forgetting) - if my math is right that’s $120,000000.

Now, if we’re very good at grinding we could reasonably get about $750,000 in an hour. If we want just one $20 million car that is (rounded up) to 27 hours. 27 hours of just grinding and nothing else - and no buying anything else. Want all the 20 million cars? That’s 81 hours. All the really expensive cars? 160 hours. Of grinding. And nothing else.

If these cars were half the price, it would feel a lot better. Obviously, that won’t happen. But if we had, say, the login bonus like GT6, we could seriously cut down on the time it takes. Maybe you don’t care about these cars - and that’s fine. But as someone who loves these things, I’d love to find a way to drive them all before the next GT is out. And as for the daily reward, I’ve acquired over 100 gift cars with my most expensive one being a Shelby Cobra. I don’t know, maybe I’m overblowing this a bit, but I’d love to see the payouts changed. These cars SHOULD be difficult to acquire. But maybe not this difficult

I agree the balance is not right, but I do agree they should be difficult to get.

I'm not that into them personally, but I thought I'd get one out of curiosity. There's no way I'm grinding the same race over and over again, so I went down the elastic band route whilst I slept, worked or worked on livery decals... it's the 'easy' way out... but it is somewhat effective...

Here you see what my credits were like through typical play.. up to 5 million was relatively achievable, but it's clear where I made the decision to let the bands grind for the car.

upload_2018-9-28_14-14-28.png

.. effectively it should represent about 4,000,000 per day, without having to drive a mile.

I then realised, there was a lot of cheap cars I'd never won or bought, so I'm going to focus on them instead. Maybe I'll go for another 20 mill car at some point, but it's not a priority - By my calculation, playing through GT League from start to finish now gets you a long way towards it (subject to using slower cars and racing cleanly)... so I might just do that a few times.... the variety is infinitely better than the prospect of grinding.

I do feel like sport mode needs to increase its payout. I mean I only do Sport Races, I started off with the collectors edition bonus and I'm now at 100-200k credits left? I'd love to be able to exchange my mileage for currency at a decent rate (One where e.g. if its 1 credit for 1 mileage I don't mind paying 1.5 mileage no idea what the actual currency exchange would be). In fact I'd just take being able to sell my duplicate daily rewards as a compromise.

You can get over 2 million credits and hour and the payouts are fine now.
OVER 2 million/hr? How? The Blue Moon race is still probably the highest payout. I believe that gets $375,000/race at about 15 minutes per race. That’s 1.5 million at best. And you have to get a clean race bonus - which is never a guarantee when racing with AI. The nostalgic car challenge nets about $250,000 for about the same time, but at least it’s interesting.

@Lebowski I should’ve titled it ‘should GT increase payouts?’ I realize no one knows. But I have a suspicion they will eventually.

OVER 2 million/hr? How? The Blue Moon race is still probably the highest payout. I believe that gets $375,000/race at about 15 minutes per race. That’s 1.5 million at best. And you have to get a clean race bonus - which is never a guarantee when racing with AI. The nostalgic car challenge nets about $250,000 for about the same time, but at least it’s interesting.

@Lebowski I should’ve titled it ‘should GT increase payouts?’ I realize no one knows. But I have a suspicion they will eventually.

Rubber banding.

OVER 2 million/hr? How?

alp
Finally with the 1.25 update we have an alternative race which I find much less boring than the Blue Moon race. The Nostalgic 1979 Race 2 around Le Mans without the chicane (Professional League). I have used a maxed out Ferrari 330 on RS tires (RSS is not allowed). My results are below which i believe can be easily beaten.

View attachment 762782 View attachment 762783

So 240,000 Cr. per 6.83 minutes makes more than 2.1 million Cr. per hour. Be careful not to cut the track limits because it seems to void the clean race bonus. Happy farming!

With recent additions of cars, tracks and events in GT League I don't feel the need to grind with rubber bends but it's not ideal.

I would bump the payouts across the board by 50% in single player and 100% for online races - which are suppose to be THE thing in this game yet they give you very little.

Daily car rewards...duplicate gifts that you can't sell - what's the point of that PD ?

Either don't give dupes or let me cash it out (ideally directly in the gift screen).

Maybe even putt other prizes as gifts like mileage points or credits.

Maybe give me a dupe but it's fully upgraded ?

Maybe give me a dupe but it have a special livery ? 💡

As it is now the system works for new players but is almost useless for old players save for instances the game gives you 20mln car - but then it goes back to being useless.

Like literal rubber banding? I saw a post about this, I’ll have to look it up. But that really doesn’t help anything since it’s not meant to be part of the game.

Yeah, every time someone posts a payout thread, he chimes in with this method. I'm sure he'll fill you in later.

Yeah, every time someone posts a payout thread, he chimes in with this method. I'm sure he'll fill you in later.
Haha ok gotcha. And @TurismoBad I agree 100%. I’m not saying completely overhaul everything. Just a little higher payout would be nice. I think you’re spot on with the 50%/100% idea

What makes rubber banding so silly is that it's a workaround for something that can probably be patched via an update. Rubber banding, at least in this case, is an archaic method that should have no place in modern gaming. It just seems like something we would've done 20-25 years ago when game developers offered no aftermarket support to address flaws. But now? I don't see why it's even an option.

I'm not going to knock those that use it. It obviously works, but not everyone wants to do it. There are those that would rather earn larger credit sums enjoying the game as intended.

Last edited:
What makes rubber banding so stupid is that it's a workaround for something that can probably be patched via an update. Rubber banding, at least in this case, is an archaic method that has no place in modern gaming. It just seems like something I would've done 20-25 years ago when game developers offered no aftermarket support to address flaws.

PD want these cars to be virtually unobtainable, so from their perspective the flaw isn't the credit system, or the car prices... it's that wall riding works, that's what they need to patch out to prevent their vision from being undermined. The only archaic thing going on here is that humans will lean towards cheating/using the META, to get what they want.

As I said above, I've rubber-banded, it doesn't give me a sense of accomplishment, or add anything to the game... it was just a technique to get something. I dare say working my ass off playing through GT League a couple of times would give far more weight to the accomplishment of buying one of these cars... but they're both just points on a sliding scale - the question is how easy should they make it to get these cars, and I think most people would come up with a different answer for that.

Anyway .. it could be worse... I'd have to work for about 5000 years to buy a real 250 GTO... that would be quite the grind.

It's a little over 2m an hour for La Sarthe.
In my Jag I’m doing 6:3x.xx/lap, which is 13 mins at best per race. Add in a couple minutes between races and it’s easily 15 mins. I think it’s $265,000 for a clean race? That’s 1 million/hour. At best. Plus the AI can do stupid things and cost you 90k for no clean race bonus.

In my Jag I’m doing 6:3x.xx/lap, which is 13 mins at best per race. Add in a couple minutes between races and it’s easily 15 mins. I think it’s $265,000 for a clean race? That’s 1 million/hour. At best. Plus the AI can do stupid things and cost you 90k for no clean race bonus.
I'm doing the Blue Moon Bay with the RX500, in just under 12 minutes, which earns me 375.000 for a clean race.

PD want these cars to be virtually unobtainable, so from their perspective the flaw isn't the credit system, or the car prices... it's that wall riding works, that's what they need to patch out to prevent their vision from being undermined. The only archaic thing going on here is that humans will lean towards cheating/using the META, to get what they want.

As I said above, I've rubber-banded, it doesn't give me a sense of accomplishment, or add anything to the game... it was just a technique to get something. I dare say working my ass off playing through GT League a couple of times would give far more weight to the accomplishment of buying one of these cars... but they're both just points on a sliding scale - the question is how easy should they make it to get these cars, and I think most people would come up with a different answer for that.

Anyway .. it could be worse... I'd have to work for about 5000 years to buy a real 250 GTO... that would be quite the grind.

I don't mind improved AI difficulty as a tradeoff for larger credit payouts. I'd also be more likely to resume my regular participation in Sport Mode if the prize money increased. Like I said, I don't have a problem with anyone that's rubber banded. It's a viable option for many. It's just not something I'm interested in doing.

It 3.30ish per lap in the P4 with minimal power and weight upgrades. Maxed out it'll net 2.1m per hour.

Those numbers can't be right for Sarthe. Lap times in the Nostalgic 1979 should be around 3:30 - 3:45 which makes the whole race around 7 to 7.5 minutes for 2 laps. Clean race bonus = 240K. You can race around 8 races an hour and get 1,920,000 credits per hour theoretically. Without a clean race bonus it'd be 1,280,000 per hour.

It 3.30ish per lap in the P4 with minimal power and weight upgrades. Maxed out it'll net 2.1m per hour.

Those numbers can't be right for Sarthe. Lap times in the Nostalgic 1979 should be around 3:30 - 3:45 which makes the whole race around 7 to 7.5 minutes for 2 laps. Clean race bonus = 240K. You can race around 8 races an hour and get 1,920,000 credits per hour theoretically. Without a clean race bonus it'd be 1,280,000 per hour.
Yep I’m an idiot. 3:30...well, I think 3:31 is probably my best. Semi mindless lapping still gets me a 3:35. That isn’t too bad when you put it that way. Just a little uninspiring doing the same race over and over. More races with similar payouts for time would be ideal

I wish there is a thing like in old GTs where you'd finish a race on Seattle with a cheap car agains US muscle cars, and get a Cobra prize car, which you could sell for ingame money... good old days...

Yep I’m an idiot. 3:30...well, I think 3:31 is probably my best. Semi mindless lapping still gets me a 3:35. That isn’t too bad when you put it that way. Just a little uninspiring doing the same race over and over. More races with similar payouts for time would be ideal
This is one of my worse races around La Sarthe in 330P4

330P4 can be done under 3:15 per lap, I am around 3:17 right now...
Mark 4 is on second place by some 5 sec slower
Jag is right after it, by 1 or 2 seconds
Then goes the Cobra with whooping 3:35ish
250GTO with almost 3:40ish
And last newest TZ2 with 3:52 fastest for me as of today

Last edited:

Art imitates life, and as GTS is a Japanese video game, it does very well in imitating Japanese working life.

Prices of these cars are fine, considering that some of them are even twice as expensive in real life :) It would be unrealistic if they were even cheaper and honestly it makes them special and unique, because not everyone will have these cars.

Sport mode payouts should be increased.

Every SR rank should mean 50% bonus, with SR.S an extra 50%. SR.D 1.5x, SR.C 2x SR.B 2.5x SR.A 3x, SR.S 4x the base payout.
Clean race bonus should double the payout.

A contact free clean race at SR.S should be worth 8x a dirty race in SR.E
This should get more players in sport mode and cleaner driving in sport mode.

I agree the balance is not right, but I do agree they should be difficult to get.

I'm not that into them personally, but I thought I'd get one out of curiosity. There's no way I'm grinding the same race over and over again, so I went down the elastic band route whilst I slept, worked or worked on livery decals... it's the 'easy' way out... but it is somewhat effective...

Here you see what my credits were like through typical play.. up to 5 million was relatively achievable, but it's clear where I made the decision to let the bands grind for the car.

View attachment 769241

.. effectively it should represent about 4,000,000 per day, without having to drive a mile.

I then realised, there was a lot of cheap cars I'd never won or bought, so I'm going to focus on them instead. Maybe I'll go for another 20 mill car at some point, but it's not a priority - By my calculation, playing through GT League from start to finish now gets you a long way towards it (subject to using slower cars and racing cleanly)... so I might just do that a few times.... the variety is infinitely better than the prospect of grinding.
That's what I'm doing, as opposed to the BMB thing or the rubber and trick. Using cars I like, in all the events, brings back the classic GT feeling. For me, anyway.

Prices of these cars are fine, considering that some of them are even twice as expensive in real life :) It would be unrealistic if they were even cheaper and honestly it makes them special and unique, because not everyone will have these cars.

Maybe, but we owned them in GT6, and they were a lot easier to come by. So why make it so crazy now? This is a game, for entertainment. A game I love I might add.

I am with the intent of the OP. PD need to up the prize money considerably, reduce the price of the cars, or increase the likelihood of the random selection of a high spec bonus car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back