Is GT7 downscaled for the PS5?

I think they seized the cross gen opportunity to have the game weigh much less with simpler assets on the PS5 (GT Sport engine - 2d trees and stuff like that)
Those 2D trees & grass look so bad, especially in photo mode as the tree moves to turn with the camera. If they just fix that it would look much more photorealistic.

Edit: Below, top photo's are from Scapes Monza, bottom is my screenshots in photo mode trying to match the scene.

1700474129156.jpeg

Last edited:
Scapes photo from Monza, I tried to match these in photo mode.
top is ingame, and bottom photo mode ? from 2 corners at Monza ?

at first I thought it was from other games

Last edited:
Seems very close to me. Pretty awesome actually.
Yep I mean you really have to be nitpicking to think that looks bad.

I'm sure given its age compared to a track like Watkins Glen, Monza could still use a refresh but it stands up pretty damn well.

I completely agree! You can tell which tracks are gt sport ports . The new tracks are so much better. Hopefully they're redoing them!

I completely agree! You can tell which tracks are gt sport ports . The new tracks are so much better. Hopefully they're redoing them!
I still prefer having GT Sport ports than not having those tracks at all like in Forza for example. Having big variety of tracks is a key to have nice varied gameplay in driving game.

I wouldnt be surprised if something was "lowered in quality" PD is known for doing all kinds of things in updates of their past titles...

You cannot compare scapes to in-game footage. Scapes are real life scenes with GT7 cars and avatars placed into them.

Replays are all computer-generated worlds

Latest Posts

Back