Is GT7 downscaled for the PS5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reydawg Rey
  • 41 comments
  • 14,164 views
Turn VRR off and it runs at 120.
 
I think they seized the cross gen opportunity to have the game weigh much less with simpler assets on the PS5 (GT Sport engine - 2d trees and stuff like that)
Those 2D trees & grass look so bad, especially in photo mode as the tree moves to turn with the camera. If they just fix that it would look much more photorealistic.

Edit: Below, top photo's are from Scapes Monza, bottom is my screenshots in photo mode trying to match the scene.

1700474129156.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Those 2D trees & grass look so bad, especially in photo mode as the tree moves to turn with the camera. If they just fix that it would look much more photorealistic.

View attachment 1304989
Where does those various images come from ?
 
Where does those various images come from ?
Scapes photo from Monza, I tried to match these in photo mode.
top is ingame, and bottom photo mode ? from 2 corners at Monza ?
The scape photo's are the top ones and my GT7 screenshots are the bottom ones
 
Last edited:
Scapes photo from Monza, I tried to match these in photo mode.
top is ingame, and bottom photo mode ? from 2 corners at Monza ?

at first I thought it was from other games
 
Last edited:
Seems very close to me. Pretty awesome actually.
Yep I mean you really have to be nitpicking to think that looks bad.

I'm sure given its age compared to a track like Watkins Glen, Monza could still use a refresh but it stands up pretty damn well.
 
I completely agree! You can tell which tracks are gt sport ports . The new tracks are so much better. Hopefully they're redoing them!
 
I completely agree! You can tell which tracks are gt sport ports . The new tracks are so much better. Hopefully they're redoing them!
I still prefer having GT Sport ports than not having those tracks at all like in Forza for example. Having big variety of tracks is a key to have nice varied gameplay in driving game.
 
I wouldnt be surprised if something was "lowered in quality" PD is known for doing all kinds of things in updates of their past titles...
 
You cannot compare scapes to in-game footage. Scapes are real life scenes with GT7 cars and avatars placed into them.

Replays are all computer-generated worlds
 
Back