Is it just me or do the cars look smushed in hdmi?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lubeify100
  • 7 comments
  • 705 views
Messages
1,195
United States
Maine
Messages
LETS4000
when i finally got an hdmi cable for my PS3 everything looks betterin GT6 but the cars look narrow to me. is anyone else experiencing this?
 
when i finally got an hdmi cable for my PS3 everything looks betterin GT6 but the cars look narrow to me. is anyone else experiencing this?
No...I've never noticed "narrowness" while playing the game on HDMI, even just after I switched over. It could possibly be your TV or something. Who knows, maybe it's your mind. :P
 
when i finally got an hdmi cable for my PS3 everything looks betterin GT6 but the cars look narrow to me. is anyone else experiencing this?
If you're not using an HDMI cable the PS3 will output in 4:3 aspect ratio I believe. A 4:3 video on a 16:9 screen will be stretched across the screen a little bit. With the HDMI cable the PS3 is now outputting in 16:9, matching the TV, but it won't have to be stretched.
 
What @LancerEvo7 said, you're probably used to a stretched image with the other cable, which is why things look narrow now, even though they're exactly how they should be.
 
I figured. it was weird how large an R32 GT-R was without the HDMI cable. thanks guys!
 
Well i experienced the same thing. And the only way i could solve it was to put the tv screen seeting to expand. This however trimed off the left and right side of the screen just a bit. I could solve the issue with the GT6 display size in the options menu bur the xmb menu was still cut off a bit. My TV has four different screen size settings. And when set to full, the image sas indeed too narrow. I used the 2J as a refference because it's shaped like a box. I googled some pictures of it and compared them to the game screen. So i could never figure out the problem. So i swiched back to the AV cables. Even though i have a flat screen TV, i think it is a 4:3. I couldn't figure out the ratio but it is 27.5 by 15.5. Been a while since math class.
 
If the source & the display are both set for the proper aspect ratios, they should never have to be changed and there should be no distortion at all. 4:3 material will (and should) have side-bars and anything wider than 16:9 will have bars of varying heights at the top & bottom. If you aren't seeing these bars with material that is not the same ratio as your screen, something is set wrong. Different displays will call these settings by different names... Wide, Normal, etc. If the OP isn't sure what settings to use, I suggest a set-up disc like Video Essentials, Avia or even the THX Optimizer found on most 20th Century Fox and LucasFilm titles. They can guide almost anyone through properly setting up his/her equipment. That said, I have never noticed anything improper in GT6.
 
Back