Is it just me?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Razz2o4
  • 14 comments
  • 1,139 views
Messages
6
Messages
Razz2o4
Is it just me or is it a PITA to get through Class A on the draft 430 race? I spent about 2 hours trying to get through that race. I went from 1000.00 to having 230000.00 Anyone have any hints?
 
If you are talking about the 1 lap Daytona road course race, I actually went back to it today to win the gold. There are a couple of shortcuts you can take: you can go through the pits on the first turn, slide on the handbrake and bang off of the wall. You can also bounce off the competitors on the toughest turns. Or you can always try to make it driving clean, but it is hard not to hit the AI.

BTW I just starting playing GT5P a month ago and I never played any of the previous GTs. I managed to get gold today on a wheel that I just got yesterday. So it is doable, because I far from being a good driver.

The most important part is the first turn. If you don't get it right then start over.

Good Luck!
 
I found this event a real PITA.

If I had it on standard physics it seemed to lock up and understeer with the slightest touch of the brakes (using a G25 wheel).

If I had it on pro physics the rear of the car would become real twitchy.

I eventually got through on a bronze using pro physics and traction control set to 2, manual gears with gearshift set to sequential (can't do flappy paddle gears).
 
Seemed OK to me but the car was a bit twitchy. I think I finished going across the line backwards as I got it all wrong trying to avoid n AI car. Still I passed!
 
Alright I will have to try it again tonight. I did try going through the pits and that seemed to help. That is the most frustrating track. I passed every other event on the first or second try. Thanks for the help guys. BTW I am only useing the controller.
 
I also found that to have a chance of getting at least 3rd, you need to be leaving the bus stop in about 6th.
 
This was a hard one for me too... still only bronze. I spend about an hour and a half getting to know the track in arcade mode (first in an M3, then in the F430). Then I spend another hour or so getting to know the right spots to overtake the AI. Then I just tried and tried untill all of a sudden I was 3rd.
 
I found the only way to beat this was to use every short cut possible and ram every car possible to help overtaking on the corners.
It's no wonder there are so many punters on line in the game when the only way to pass a stage with gold is to do this.
 
I found the only way to beat this was to use every short cut possible and ram every car possible to help overtaking on the corners.
It's no wonder there are so many punters on line in the game when the only way to pass a stage with gold is to do this.

I dont think you will find too many people on here eight6er who will agree with your way of winning.:(its all about being clean. and trust me thats the best way to go if you want to get on:nervous:
 
Don't worry I race clean, it's just that I don't see how it is possible to get gold on this race otherwise.
 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight6er
I found the only way to beat this was to use every short cut possible and ram every car possible to help overtaking on the corners.
It's no wonder there are so many punters on line in the game when the only way to pass a stage with gold is to do this.


I dont think you will find too many people on here eight6er who will agree with your way of winning.its all about being clean. and trust me thats the best way to go if you want to get on

I think what eight6er meant was that to get gold on some of the stages you have to drive dirty, and that the game encourages you to do it by not penalizing you and making it nearly impossible to get gold playing clean.

After playing the game for a couple of weeks, I went online hoping that people would play clean, but I realized that everyone was punting. I thought that was the way to play until I found this forum and realized that there is a community that wants to play the right way and since then I try to play clean even when others don't.

Not everyone reads this forum, and you can't expect them to drive clean when they were taught to drive dirty in the different stages. PD should penalize you for bouncing off the walls and other cars starting from the beginning (stage c) to teach the right way of playing.
 
My biggest issue with this one is turn one. The only way I could make it through was to let off WAY early and break slowly. If I tried to enter turn one like the AI, I would spin out every time. They have much better traction than you do in that turn for some reason. Once I did that, I was pretty smooth but sit nidging cars in the turns. You can make up some time in the section you have to go through going down the back stretch without going off the track, but you come out pretty hard and have to stay off the wall.
 
I think what eight6er meant was that to get gold on some of the stages you have to drive dirty, and that the game encourages you to do it by not penalizing you and making it nearly impossible to get gold playing clean.

After playing the game for a couple of weeks, I went online hoping that people would play clean, but I realized that everyone was punting. I thought that was the way to play until I found this forum and realized that there is a community that wants to play the right way and since then I try to play clean even when others don't.

Not everyone reads this forum, and you can't expect them to drive clean when they were taught to drive dirty in the different stages. PD should penalize you for bouncing off the walls and other cars starting from the beginning (stage c) to teach the right way of playing.

Yes that's exactly what I meant:tup:. On this race especially you are allowed to take huge short cuts without any penalty and other races on this track do not allow these short cuts, it's like you are meant to take them. I can drive fairly quickly and I can just about get first using all these short cuts and ramming. It does not seem possible to get gold unless you do this and I did try doing it cleanly first.
 
I'm happy with getting bronze by driving a clean lap in pro mode with no aids.

I find myself outgunned by the 599 if I attempt to pass it in the first corner about half the time. To get bronze, it's not utterly critical to pass the 599 and the Aston in the first corner. I leave it to the second one.

I exit the long straight in 3rd gear. It has enough zing to carry me back onto the speedway; if I shift to second, I risk wheelspin exiting back onto the speedway. The F430 is tricky to get back up to speed right after a corner with the car set to RACE mode.
 
Yes that's exactly what I meant:tup:. On this race especially you are allowed to take huge short cuts without any penalty and other races on this track do not allow these short cuts, it's like you are meant to take them. I can drive fairly quickly and I can just about get first using all these short cuts and ramming. It does not seem possible to get gold unless you do this and I did try doing it cleanly first.

This event, along with the Suzuka F40 event really encourage punting. You know you NEED to overtake the cars the moment you can. Normally one would brake, and wait for a good moment to pass the car, but on these events you are inclined to just 'go for it' and if that means bumping a few cars, then so be it. Unrealistic events evoke unrealistic driving.

Let's just hope we get some more normal events soon. These 'overtake 15 cars in one lap' events would fit nicely in the 'driving missions' section of GT5, but I'd rather have some more regular races.
 
Back