• Thread starter Tanner350z
  • 21 comments

Tanner350z

(Banned)
United Kingdom
Uk
xXDori-HunterXx
DCM DriftKing
Just lately I have noticed most competitions are getting faster, so much so it feels as though its becoming practically who can drive the section fastest. Anyone else think this way

I think it's only natural that things start to get faster. Guys/girls that have been drifting/racing in this game for the past nearly 3 years have got their tunes down to a science. It's only natural that the start getting faster and smoother, otherwise it defeats the purpose of competition. It's true to all sports in real life, they get better and faster.

Stands to reason it's also an extension of hybriding, with some of the cars that have gotten a reputation of being slower given the opportunity to get a bump in grip and therefor speed.

Just lately I have noticed most competitions are getting faster, so much so it feels as though its becoming practically who can drive the section fastest. Anyone else think this way

I have been seeing alot of insanely fast drifters recently. Speed doesn't interest me in drifting, i prefer angle. Most of these people using these super fast hybrids make mistakes in comps. Just keep on line with nice angle and it won't really matter how fast they are when there line and angle sucks or when there trying to chase you and have to trail brake the full section lol.

I get that speed plays a role in drift, but only to an extent. Whats speed without angle abs hitting the clipping points? It's racing. And that is not the point of drift. I'll keep my slow crossfire and keep that angle and smoke rolling. I'll save the racing for the league I race.

Track knowledge is critical especially if you want a clean and yet fast section. The section that we did at london was a very technical and hitting the corners at the time is essential for a smooth line.

That is true for any track in any form of racing. Drift though, its more then just about hitting points, its about style, and style can't be rushed.

I was told to have lost the advantage in one run because I apparently 'stalled'.

I ran a snappy transition and went big for one of the S bends of Suzuka, still made the corner with the angle, kept the wheels spinning and didn't run off the track or ruin my line. It's as if people have forgotten what makes an awesome drift.

It's just you.

"I was told to have lost the advantage in one run because I apparently 'stalled'.

I ran a snappy transition and went big for one of the S bends of Suzuka, still made the corner with the angle, kept the wheels spinning and didn't run off the track or ruin my line. It's as if people have forgotten what makes an awesome drift."

Ok. I THINK, I know what you are on about. There's a difference between holding angle through a corner holding the speed and line and just throwing it in then correcting - (meaning reducing massively angle to clear the corner and get the speed back up.) losing massive speed. That effectively messes up the guy behind

That is stalling the guy behind out. It's not an awesome drift if I'm honest.

Last edited:

Spot on!
Most of people now just put on a race chassis and "driftrace".
Not a fan too.

There is no way to know that for certain though.

You can't see it dean.

Yes, this ^
(maybee if theres a HP and weight restriction? say...1200 Kg?)

HP and weight doesn't do anything. For example

My supra is way faster with low Hp and a tonne of weight.

PP makes more of a difference as to HP.

Most drift drift cars weigh around 1300 btw

My chaser is 1487kg and it can keep behind most things. I need a way to reduce weight though so I can get a better weight distro. without going over 1500kg.