Is it possible to adjust my T150 wheel setup to make the handling more like GT Sport?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster :)

Is it possible to adjust my T150 wheel setup to make the handling more like GT Sport?

I play GT Sport a lot and really enjoy the handling model (I understand it's more 'arcadey' than Project Cars 2), I can feel the weight of the cars and when the back end steps out much more than PC2. I know they're very different games, but wondered if there's anything I can do to make the handling in PC2 more fun. I feel like there's lots of understeer followed by snap oversteer on many of the cars.

Thanks!

So, are you implying that they're just 2 very different games and PC2 is a proper sim only?

Not having tried to get the handling model towards GTS because why would I, so I am not sure of you can get it approximately to that. But yes, you are basically right saying that.

The most important part is that PC2 has a proper tire model. So you do need to get the tire pressure right (hot tire pressure that is after 5-6 laps) and need to make sure you have the right compound for the track and temperature. The softs are not always the quicker tire depending on conditions.

Each tire has its temp window (as do brakes btw) and each class of car has an optimal pressure window. Getting these right is critical and the first thing you need to do before doing any other adjustments to the setup.

[\QUOTE]

No, changing FFB will not change the handling of a game it will change the feel through the wheel and yes they are two different games.

My ffb settings for T150
Imformative
Volume 23
Gain 22
All other settings 50.

Gives me a decent feel but FFB is different for everyone but give you a start.
You need to run 2 to 3 laps in informative when you first get in a car till the FFB settles.

Maybe a bit background info to get you started:

Tire pressures

This post from Casey on the official forum will probably help in getting the right tire pressures. These are hot pressures. So in the setup you set a cold pressure. The hot pressure is the one that stabilzes after about 4-6 laps depending on the track.

Temps
The working temp ranges are about these
- Soft slicks: 70 °C - 85°C
- Hard slicks: 90°C - 100°C
There is also a nice graph here.
Generally also aim for 5-10 degree difference between inside and outside edges of the tire.

I am talking only race cars here as I have very little experience with road cars.

Thanks both. I can see I need to go right back and look up a beginners guide. I'm embarrassed I asked the question in the first place now.

Thanks both. I can see I need to go right back and look up a beginners guide. I'm embarrassed I asked the question in the first place now.

Don't worry, everybody starts at some point. PC2 is way more complex than GTS. One of the best features is LiveTrack but you need to run longer races to actually see it in action. The average 5 laps races in the dry won't show it.
Just last week I thought how great it is. We were running a wet race at Brands Hatch and after 30 min or so at the exit of Sheene the track was not only wet but also full of mud as people would dip the wheels into the dirt at the apex of Sheene draging mud onto the track. Seeing the track change like that is really amazing. And of course the grip level changed accordingly at that spot.

I play GT Sport a lot and really enjoy the handling model (I understand it's more 'arcadey' than Project Cars 2), I can feel the weight of the cars and when the back end steps out much more than PC2. I know they're very different games, but wondered if there's anything I can do to make the handling in PC2 more fun. I feel like there's lots of understeer followed by snap oversteer on many of the cars.

Thanks!

Welcome to GTPlanet.

You're finding no doubt that PC2 is much more in depth as it has a decent tire model, great tuning capabilities for your car and wheel, and live track 3.0.

I'm limited with GT Sport experience, but can help with the understeer/oversteer issues you describe.

We need to start with the wheel.
I'm very familiar with the T150, I had one it's a great wheel.

What are your FFB settings/Flavour?

What car class do you prefer?

What track is your favorite, do you run in the wet/dry/both?

As mentioned, try 2-3 laps at an easy pace to get your tyre and brake temperatures up, and start going harder from there. You'll definitely notice the improved grip levels as the race goes on.

Look in the garage setup forum area and look for Sloppys fast stable and fun career tunes.. ALL of your problems will be solved. I tune EXACTLY to make the career cars handle very stable and fast. Finally I can say. "my work here is done".
:)
I came from a ton of hours put into gt sport and now I got my stable tunes I ain't NEVER going back!

Oops at thread is in the main game site.. This is the location on gtplanet :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sloppys-fast-stable-and-fun-career-tunes.377764/

The version on the project cars site has a menu on the first post.. Here you have to do some scrolling!

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for your help. The first thing I did last night was delete my old profile where I messed about with the settings without understanding them.

Try the ginetta junior and formula rookie first, great base cars to start with to get a handle of the game.

Try this link for video guides.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...DER-S-GUIDE-Weekly-In-game-Guide-by-Yorkie065

I then watched the insiders guide on FFB and learnt that my cheaper wheel meant I should be using the default 'Informative' flavour, rather than 'Raw'. I then spent the next couple of hours just testing different cars/classes until I found what FFB setting I liked - 100/55/35/15. I also watched the telemetry to understand things like clipping.

Don't worry, everybody starts at some point. PC2 is way more complex than GTS. One of the best features is LiveTrack but you need to run longer races to actually see it in action. The average 5 laps races in the dry won't show it.
Just last week I thought how great it is. We were running a wet race at Brands Hatch and after 30 min or so at the exit of Sheene the track was not only wet but also full of mud as people would dip the wheels into the dirt at the apex of Sheene draging mud onto the track. Seeing the track change like that is really amazing. And of course the grip level changed accordingly at that spot.

I haven't even started looking at LiveTrack, (previously only doing short races in the dry!). Your experience sounds amazing, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what it's like.

Welcome to GTPlanet.

You're finding no doubt that PC2 is much more in depth as it has a decent tire model, great tuning capabilities for your car and wheel, and live track 3.0.

I'm limited with GT Sport experience, but can help with the understeer/oversteer issues you describe.

We need to start with the wheel.
I'm very familiar with the T150, I had one it's a great wheel.

What are your FFB settings/Flavour?

What car class do you prefer?

What track is your favorite, do you run in the wet/dry/both?

Just playing around last night made me realise how deep this game actually is (and how different it is to GT Sport). I think I'm starting to get there and mention my new settings above, which have made a big difference to the general handling characteristics of the cars I tried (Ginetta Junior, 911 GT3 RS, Ginetta GT3).

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Look in the garage setup forum area and look for Sloppys fast stable and fun career tunes.. ALL of your problems will be solved. I tune EXACTLY to make the career cars handle very stable and fast. Finally I can say. "my work here is done".
:)
I came from a ton of hours put into gt sport and now I got my stable tunes I ain't NEVER going back!

Oops at thread is in the main game site.. This is the location on gtplanet :

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/sloppys-fast-stable-and-fun-career-tunes.377764/

The version on the project cars site has a menu on the first post.. Here you have to do some scrolling!

Thanks for the pointer, I'll have a look at that - I've got no idea about tuning :)

I thought i ran my wheel on soft settings..

The answer to the original question seems to be "No."
Even if it was possible I wouldn't want to either. Nor would anyone else?

Its a bit of a leap from gt spert to project cars, but not impossible.

Thanks to everyone for your help. The first thing I did last night was delete my old profile where I messed about with the settings without understanding them.

I then watched the insiders guide on FFB and learnt that my cheaper wheel meant I should be using the default 'Informative' flavour, rather than 'Raw'. I then spent the next couple of hours just testing different cars/classes until I found what FFB setting I liked - 100/55/35/15. I also watched the telemetry to understand things like clipping.

I haven't even started looking at LiveTrack, (previously only doing short races in the dry!). Your experience sounds amazing, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what it's like.

Just playing around last night made me realise how deep this game actually is (and how different it is to GT Sport). I think I'm starting to get there and mention my new settings above, which have made a big difference to the general handling characteristics of the cars I tried (Ginetta Junior, 911 GT3 RS, Ginetta GT3).

Thanks again!
Just a heads up, informative & immersive have a built in auto tune feature which over the course of a lap or two dials out any clipping.

I use immersive @50, 50, 50, 50 on my TMX & after the 1st lap when you're warming your tyres anyway it's dialed in nicely. It's probably wrong for alot of people but feels really natural to me. Nice weight to the wheel (like my real car), feel the bumps & curbs & a nice bit of tyre slip to boot & it never clips on anycar because of the auto tune :)

Hi @MyNameIsEarl - lots of great advice in this thread so far about wheel setup and tuning and it is good to learn about and experiment with those. However it isn't always essential to tune the cars to enjoy racing them - I host races twice a week - Monday's and Wednesday's (at 8.30 pm) for people who enjoy racing the cars (mainly classics) on default setups.

Click on the blue links in my signature for more information. We currently have a couple of spaces on Mondays with the Lotus 49 F1 car, which is really great to drive on the default, loose setup.

Lotus 49 Poster.jpg

I ran the T150 on Raw/100/50/50/50 did quite well.
Although those settings are a bit different over here on PC as we can fine tune our control panel also.

I run with a T150 on the PS4, and found these great settings for it about a month ago:

Some of our fellow friends here in this thread will know that they've stood me in good stead! ;) Any more info needed @MyNameIsEarl, just ask.....This Hamster doesn't bite, and is always happy to help! ;)

Just a heads up, informative & immersive have a built in auto tune feature which over the course of a lap or two dials out any clipping.

Yeah, I realised that was happening last night - very useful. With the settings I had previously, most cars would be rattling around with too much surface detail, I thought it was really clever of the game to dial that out and make it smoother after the 1st & 2nd laps. I did change my Tone back to 50 though and dropped Volume to 40, which made a difference. My current settings are now 100/40/50/15, but need to check this out ->

I run with a T150 on the PS4, and found these great settings for it about a month ago:

Some of our fellow friends here in this thread will know that they've stood me in good stead! ;) Any more info needed @MyNameIsEarl, just ask.....This Hamster doesn't bite, and is always happy to help! ;)

Brilliant! thanks very much :)

Last night I did some research and played around with FOV and getting my seat position right. That, along with just trying out longer custom races was fantastic. Even with my lowly T150, I realised there was so much subtle feedback I hadn't noticed before.

@Sick Cylinder, I don't think I'm anywhere near ready for online races, but will keep you in mind!

All your advice has made a real difference to me understanding what this game can offer, it's really appreciated :cheers:

The biggest difference I found going from GT6/S to PC2 was in braking. It's rare to find much racing in GT without ABS enabled, and PD's braking/ABS model allows a LOT of braking during turning. PC2's is far less forgiving. You really don't want to be trying to brake much as you turn at all. So the OP's experience of initial understeer then snap oversteer is probably a function of going in too hot, then trying to turn while still braking hard...

And tire temp fixes and tuning isn't going to help that! Yes, they will help after the mindset of braking hard during turns is changed, but all the tuning in the world won't stop that instability if you are braking late, and through the turn.

Took me a while to get used to it, LOL

I'd also suggest looking at alien drivers' replays from TT Mode, and look at how much brake modulation they do. GT6/S's ABS brakes were pretty much an on/off function, 100% on to 100% off. You won't see as much 100% on in PC2.

Try enabling ABS, show the game speedometer and look at the ABS light as you brake, and see at what brake pressure it starts to flash. Any pressure past that point is wasted and, if you drive without ABS, will lock up the tires.

Do you have the T150Pro? Or are you running a brake mod cone on the 2 pedal pedals you do have? TBH, until I installed mine (and it kind of messes up braking in GTS if you still play that), I had major problems with braking until there was a lot more resistance in the brake pedal. Try adding one if you don't already (and the three pedal T3Pa comes with one). Worth every penny.

I’m a newb too and am having issues with getting tire temperatures up. I’m doing the German GT3 campaign and the tracks are quite short so that’s probably one of the reasons why. Also, I’m only doing 15 minute races now.

So what I should do? I closed the brake ducts some should I increase tire pressures too? A few times rain has come and found I was able to lap much faster and smoother after switching to wets compared to dry conditions on slicks!

Back