Is it possible to go under 30s @ indianapolis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kham
  • 27 comments
  • 2,612 views
I can't. I can get 30's but never a 29. Min downforce no toe full tune. Maybe if you got lucky and pulled a draft on both straights then maybe its possible but the x2010 accelerates so rapidly that the draft may even only take a tenth or two away.
 
I've had 30.839 with a maxed out X2010.. Not tuned though... And you need to draft alot...
 
Maybe with two, if you get what I mean.
 
Maybe with two, if you get what I mean.

Yh two X2010's drafting each other in turn.

Perhaps it could be possible if you got a whole field of X2010's and drafted all of them.
 
The lap record in real life is 37.8 seconds in an IndyCar, considering how much more power and aerodynamics the X2010 has, it should be possible. I think the fastest I have run is 35 ish though.
 
Agreed with whats been said above about having loads of X1s lapping Indy and getting a slipstream it might be possible. Mid 30s is possible in an X1 normally.. maybe sub 30s with the method stated.

Might go and do a 1-make race with the X1 later. :P
 
Would an arcade mode race with all X2010's be possible? I'm not near my PS3 to check, but the drafting in that race would be huge.
 
In the dream car indy race i drafted through the turn and part way down the home straight and pulled 29.946 lap time, with no draft i can uasually pull in low to mid 30 lap times.
 
The best ive done is 32 ish with a ran in X1, no tune no setting.
 
online indy with x2010, where everyone understands the purpose.. to draft for a record lap time, could be some wicked fun!
 
my best lap is 30.2XX, drafting race cars, pretty sure is possible.
 
Yh two X2010's drafting each other in turn.

Perhaps it could be possible if you got a whole field of X2010's and drafted all of them.

the only way
 
i'm guessing it's possible to get high 29 with

- low fuel
- warm tires
- suspension tuning
- aerodynamics tuning
- transmission tuning
- draft

I ran 30.847 on my 2nd lap only with aero set to min and tranny to max speed.
 
Closest I've gotten is 30.023 and that's with drafting on both straights. You have to time when there will be cars on both sides. I know it's possible to hit 29s. It wasn't a perfect run.
 
Totally do-able. I've done it.

Mostly dumb luck; having the right cars in the right place on the track to get a good draft down the long sections on either side. You draft up to about 305-310 mph, then jump out of the draft before the rev limiter kicks in and drops you back down.

Edit: I'd like to state that I BARELY made it in the 29 second range. Not trying to make it sound like a cakewalk.
 
Ha!!! Been racing for hours now on Like the Wind....

Just made 29.892 with a fully maxed out X1 with perfect drafting on the straights and drafting on the 2nd corner after the finish line... I still think it can do better.. Yet to tune the transmission and suspension...
 
I ran a 37.878 with the the FGT but have no X2010:guilty:

I'm sure somebody can do it with the X2010.
 
If you try it in a carbon x1 you could probably lower the trannie to 290 / 300mph so you hit a higher top speed faster on the straights, that might do it with as little wing as possible?

Probable be easier to do with a wheel that a controller as you can hold it smoothly through the two corners ... Think I've managed 31's / 32's in the Vettle, only run the Carbon bouncing off of the barriers though, not had a clean run.

Bob can run 34 seconds in the carbon though :)
 
Last edited:
I run constant 31's with a controller in my S. Vettel that needs a rebuild and is running 1450~ HP.
 
My Bob constantly hits 30.xxx or 31.xxx and he is the worst driver ever created!
 
my best lap is 30.2XX, drafting race cars, pretty sure is possible.

Same here, 30.273 - during the Dream Car Championship. Drafted on both straights, so yeah...drafting behind X2010's on both straights and you'll get a 29.9 or so.
 
It's possible. When i drove a Indy 500(with red bull of course) one of the tours airflow shoot me two times over 500 km/h and lap time was 29.9xx.
 
You would have to average 300mph the entire length of Indy to get 30 seconds on the nose. So it is possible, but highly circumstantial.
 
Best one so far 32.256

S.Vettel X2010 with 60.000 km and no rebuild
 
29.994 with x vet and a full race of x vets ( i believe it was 12 people )

and we were on it for about 70 laps

tbh i was just trying to beat my best lap time of 30.060 by atleast something, and i beat it by quit a bit in terms of the conditions ofc.

i still think there is room for improvement though

ill upload pics later today, at work atm
 
Drafting another X2010 on all four corners, online, with racing hards and I hit 29.9xx the other day.
 
Back