Is it worth getting?

Totally a BIG yes to me, thought i'm not sure about you since i'm a big fan of GTA and R* and it's like my most game series i play, played it in the past and present.

I already got GTA V on my PS3 as a Disc version and on my PS4 as Digital Version (i won't explain why i didn't get the Disc version).

One thing. Do the story too, don't just jump in GTA: Online.

Its worth it.

Is it? I did find some of the story a tad dry at times with some notable exceptions 'heists' and a few Trevor missions
Yes, because when you play it as a whole, it turns out to be a showcase for some really brilliant writers.

GTA5 is well worth picking up especially now that they have finally added heists. This game has had MANY updates and improvements since launch and truly is an enjoyable experience in the campaign and online. Overwhelming how much there is to do in this game.

Thought there's a couple bugs and problems with the last update (heist update) on the Single player mode, for example the car damage doesn't deform at all, just scratches and body parts detach from the car (doors, bonnet, boot..etc) when it should be something like this...

AaZg3-Y8BUq8rN6NLVOBpw_0_0.jpg

^ Taken before the Heist Update, 2 months ago.

Still i totally recommend to buy this Awesome game.

They toned the damage down for first person being added into the game. Probably to avoid any weird clipping.
Look in the car, the dash is lit up which proves this was on current-gen. Unless there was reports of clipping and they had to really tone down the damage. I don't like that as the damage was toned down a lot from GTA4 anyway, although it did have a more pronounced effect. On GTAIV your car drove fine even if it looked like a crumpled bag of crisps but now if you have a big crash your car takes a lot of damage. I drove a stock Buccaneer into a Landstalker, and one of the front wheels bent in and it went very slowly. So, yeah.

Did you play GTA V Single Player mode after the gta online heist?? because you didn't understand what i meant, we know that R* toned down the damage on the Ps4 & XB1 version but after this update, when you try to damage your car in the SP mode, it won't deform at all!! it still does damage like scratches and falling off body parts but it won't deform at all.

Here's some videos

This game was the best $60 I've spent on a video game in a very long time. If I do transfer over to PS4, I'll pick it up for that as well. I don't think that you'll regret buying this game.

Honestly I don't know do how you can say if it is worth it. Its Grand Theft Auto one of the best Gaming series I have ever played and will always play. Like @AnthonyD1993 said Best $60 I have ever spent on a video in a long time.

Back