Is it worth playing with Xbox style controller?

Was thinking about trying this game out but not sure it's worth it with just an Xbox controller and getting a good simulation controller isn't really in the budget right now. Thought?

Thanks,
Lee

you will not get the most out of it. But if you want to do it then sure.
I started with a Driving Force GT steering wheel, one of the best cheap options to get. They as cheap as second hand.
iRacing is not a cheap hobby, you need to buy more tracks and cars to progress. You pay for what you get :)

I highly recommend a wheel, whatever the racing game. Once you have played with a wheel, you realize that driving with a pad is not driving. ;) Also, iRacing is more a sim than a game, the physics is very realistic and accurate. Therefore you need to feel the car and be precise with your inputs, which is easier and more intuitive with a wheel.
Of course not everyone can afford a wheel, but if you're on a budget you can try the DFGT as @velly said, it's a good wheel for a "cheap" price.

I wouldn't bother. I used an old X360 controller for a couple days when my wheel broke and it was horrible. I was slow and crashy and hated every second of it. It's just not even close to the same experience without a wheel and pedals. And i've played console racers since the Super Mario Kart days so i know my way around a joypad/controller.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys, guess I'll just have to wait till I can afford a gaming wheel. Seems the DFGT is pretty popular here in Canada, all the stores online are sold out or out of stock.

Latest Posts

Back