Is it wrong that I'm enjoying this game?

Can't agree more dude. This game is indeed not perfect, it has a lot of fodder that reviewers and those looking for it can pick on. It is however made for the fans, and if you're a fan, and dive into what's there, there's an endless amount of enjoyment.
 
Totally in agreement, I often wonder what these people are even complaining about. The way I see it, GT5 had to have the best physics simulation to date (as in, better than old GTs and Forza 3) for me to enjoy it, it does, and it has all my favourite cars in it. Some happen to be premium, great. The only think I really wanted that isn't here was a proper touge course like Fujimi Kaido on Forza, but the course builder can come up with some pretty good stuff.
 
I agree with you!!! The complainers are starting to go to my nerves... What did they expect? One day somebody will say that he expected when you have an accident the airbags should come out...
Anyways the game is great, it is for real drivers and it feel as close to real driving as the technology can give us today.
 
hat did they expect? One day somebody will say that he expected when you have an accident the airbags should come out...

pmsl
 
I think the problem is the incredible depth of the game. It takes a lot of time to wrap your head around the game. Most reviews were pushed out the door within a day of the release. There is no way you can get a real sense of the game until you've played it for a while. (And I'm a GT3, GT4, and GT5P veteran.) You need to sink into the game for a while to really appreciate it.

I mean once you play a while you get that OMG moment, where the sheer beauty, realism, and driving experience come together to give you an experience you've never seen before. Sheer bliss.

I mean, I read reviews from people who had never played, or liked, driving sims, who played for an hour or two with a controller, and then slammed the game. What's with that?

As well, I don't think you can fully appreciate the game unless you're using a wheel/ pedal set-up. I race with a sled, G25 wheel and pedal, and a 46" 1080p with a surround sound set-up and it's the best, most immersive driving gaming experience I've ever had.
Sure there are minor issues, but the core experience is great and the more you play and sink into the game the better it gets.
 
There seems to be a bit of theme on GTP at the moment... plenty of 'how clever can I sound by finding something really inane and/or irrelevent to compain/moan about' threads. But the people posting in these threads aren't the real GT fans... they'll be off playing the next 'latest game' in a month or so.

As I see it, GT5 is a great game for the core GT fan... it has an outstanding physics model, loads of quality cars and enough tracks to keep us entertained for a loooong time. But most importantly, we have private on-line rooms... sure, the on-line is a bit hit and miss at the moment, but once the novelty has worn off and the 1 month gamers have moved on to their next game the drain on the servers will drop and it will be fine. Because once we've golded the license tests and the challenges, and finished career mode this is what the game is really about... close, clean on-line racing with your mates in interesting cars.

GTP will calm down a bit too... we'll probably lose some of the people who just joined up for a month or 2 to whine and moan, but those members are no loss, and we'll get back to our happy (most of the time!) community.

Your post personifies what I percieve as the fundamental divide between past and present GT fans, and actually past and present gaming.

It appears you give yourself away as the latter, with your comment:
"this is what the game is really about... close, clean on-line racing with your mates in interesting cars."

There has never been "online racing" in a previous GT.
Consequently you must be a GT5 fan, not a GT fan.

The online feature is a facilitation of the physics, tracks, and cars.
It has little to do with "the game".

That said, I have been racing off an on, in a variety of games, "online" since PGR2.
While it can be fun and enjoyable, it cannot replace or be a substitution for a good in depth Career or single player mode.
Previously GTs strong suit, particularly GT4. This being "the core experience of the game".

Truly we shall see about[ B]"a loooong time".[/B]
Three months from now, if you are still playing it will have to be "online", since you can probably complete the core aspect of the game 5 times over in that span.
 
Just wanted to say I'm also very much enjoying this game as the OP.
 
There seems to be a bit of theme on GTP at the moment... plenty of 'how clever can I sound by finding something really inane and/or irrelevent to compain/moan about' threads. But the people posting in these threads aren't the real GT fans... they'll be off playing the next 'latest game' in a month or so.

As I see it, GT5 is a great game for the core GT fan... it has an outstanding physics model, loads of quality cars and enough tracks to keep us entertained for a loooong time. But most importantly, we have private on-line rooms... sure, the on-line is a bit hit and miss at the moment, but once the novelty has worn off and the 1 month gamers have moved on to their next game the drain on the servers will drop and it will be fine. Because once we've golded the license tests and the challenges, and finished career mode this is what the game is really about... close, clean on-line racing with your mates in interesting cars.

GTP will calm down a bit too... we'll probably lose some of the people who just joined up for a month or 2 to whine and moan, but those members are no loss, and we'll get back to our happy (most of the time!) community.

Thank you for saying what I've been trying to say for the past week. :cheers:
 
9.5 if not 10 out of 10!!!!! Even with the flaws that need to be (and will be) updated, it's the best game ever!!!!! It's soo fun just to drive and buy new cars, something un-matched by any other game! The physics are incredible, proved by how the tire wear works, with indications of weight on tyres, and the online lobbies are epic!!!
 
Being critical is ok, but I feel like "gamers" are so overly critical ( most likely because there is no AGE-FILTER on the internet) that you get all this mumbo jump dancing around the internet.

Fact is..

The game is solid, its gorgeous and its the best GT game to date. End of Story.
 
How is it wrong to enjoy this game? Where are you from???

This game is ****ing spectacular...I'd play it right now, but this damn essay...
 
Back