Is it wrong that I'm enjoying this game?

Me too, I'm loving this game. I have that can't-wait-to-get-home-and-play feeling.

Some of these tracks are jaw droping. Some of these car models are works of art. And the driving feel with my DFP is amazing. I don't think I will ever get tired of driving the Nurburgring.

I have no idea why people are out there "grinding." They want to reach level 40 tomorrow and buy all 800 cars this month. Just wait for the online portion. That's what I'm doing. In the meantime I'm improving my driving and enjoying this amazing game.

I'm glad to see the strong sales numbers because that means we'll surely see a GT6 and a lot of DLC until then.
 
Nice post OP. I love GT5. That it doesn't have all the features we were hoping for isn't reason for me to slam PD. I'll be playing GT5 for a very long time and enjoying myself immensely. And, I'm not very concerned about what the complainers say. I don't need to ask someone to tell me whether or not I'm having fun.
 
I'm loving the game. I can't put it down and I think I'm going to be at it for quite some time to come. I've gotten to the point where I'm buying cars just to keep them stock and cruise, rather than tune them up for the next level of races.

However I can see where the game deserves some very strong shots to the groin.
 
I like to be able to race with old car the from the 70's and before. Everytime I go in the used car section, I buy the oldest available. Each of these cars are challenging to drive in their own way but always fun. For me GT is like a virtual car guides where I can learn about the cars (yes I like to read the car description!) and race with them. This game reflects the same passion I have for automobiles and it is a pure delight.

And that it is just one of the many parts of the game that I love.
 
The game is awesome. Sure there are plenty of bugs and glitches but the only reason we pick up on them is because we are such avid fans and follow the series so closely (probably too closely).

But when it comes doen to it, even if you have to play through a heap of stuff you don't enjoy, the core of the game is incredible.

I have to do a lap of the nordschleife every night and every morning before I go the work. I can't get enough of it
 
Totally agree with these comments this game is a lot better than many people would have you believe.

I tuned up a 458 italia and took on the ferrari race at monza and found myself grinning from ear to ear for three solid laps, then three more as i watched the replay with my surround sound cranked up.

Of course the game isnt perfect, but i dont remember ever buying a game that was.

Updates will arrive and glitches will be solved, and many of the moaners will jump on to the next bandwagon, leaving the real GT fans to enjoy the improved GT5.

But until then ill just enjoy what is even in this imperfect form the best racer around.
 
lol i love this game
im stuck at level 14
because ive been exploring this huge game
online racing
Nascar lot of fun
old track against online users some of them beat me, some of them crash me
go karting
althought my connection keeps dropping server disconnect is still great fun
racing on ss highway.. with my tune mclaren f1 and driving up to 360km/h with cockpit view. :sly:

last night i got home from work turn my ps3 seat on my crappy home made playseat quite uncomfortable, and drive 2 hour straight on the ring with a stock m3 out of arcade. with sport hard tires , difficult to handle at least for me YES.
I was able to complete only 1 lap without crashing using clutch driving aids off etc. i did 8:34 i know is pretty slow but i was a happy camper
after that good lap i kept crashing not braking on time etc.

but while you are at it , nothing else matters long life to GT5
 
Totally agree with OP! 👍 I've probably moaned about the stupid aspects as much as the next guy but, like I said in the "rank this game" thread - it's still a 9 out of 10 from me. All I want to do is drive fast cars on a bunch of tracks and GT5 does that better than ever.

Won't stop me moaning about how much better it could have been with very little effort and a tiny bit of common sense but that's just niggles from someone who loves a good rant whenever the opportunity arises. GT5 is still in my PS3 and I'm still in hog heaven.
 
The game is being unfairly criticized and knocked for a few problems that are completely fixable, and quite honestly those problems shouldn't have hindered the game's reviews to anything lower than a 9/10, considering the fact that multiple patches are being worked on to fix such problems. The fact is, its been mostly overexaggerated.

The way I see it, GT beats the pants off its main competitor, Forza. I'll never for the life of me understand how people could possibly rate Forza higher than GT, or even NFS Shift for that matter. Forza is completely ruined by its pathetic 8 car fields, that loan feature is enough to bring that entire game down. Thats a much larger (and unfixable) issue than any of the commonly cited issues in GT. I can deal with a standard car or a lack of brake upgrades, as both are patchable issues . An 8 car field is inexcusable and a game killer.

We should just be glad GT isn't laden with an issue as severe as Forza has :) .
 
I agree it rocks! I am more and more enthused each time I play! It blows me totally away. I took the 427 Cobra around Monza in the rain and experienced that whole weather experience and the frightful thundering of the car at excessively high speeds and I will ALWAYS remember that was my first driving experience in GT5!!!!! Who would ever DREAM that this is do-able. I can't believe it, and the beauty...whew!
I am a huge fan of the B-Spec in this game, If you put the right effort into it, it is very rewarding because you literally can train your team up to your level. I can see what Kaz was thinking when he put this game together! Its awesome and thats really the way I feel!
 
I really love the game. Sure I'm disapponted on some parts (especially lack of A-spec events/races), but not a "game breaker".

At first I was very disappointed with the premium vs standard thingy, but I see it this way now: The premiums are THE GT5 cars, and the standards are bonus cars. Also, driving standards in 3rd person view reminds me of the old GT times, giving me a nostalgic feeling :)
 
Thanks to this game I've been going to bed at 5am for the past nights despite thinking at 3am "just one more race".
 
Best game i've ever driven.
I don't understand neither the bad thing of "griding". I have over 100 cars in my garage, and i've tuned, driven maybe 30 ? Well i have 70 more to try, tune , and test. I am level 22 atm, and probably be 30 by the time i've driven all those 70 remaining and all the new one I'll be getting.
 
I'm in the same boat.
GT5 may not be perfect and as a game, may not be as all that everybody hoped for.
But as an experience, it is by far, unmatched. Hopefully, PD will continue to update it and add more into it, as I and everyone else can clearly see, it's still a work in progress.
 
I think the number of people who liked the game is much bigger than the ones who are complaning...
But we just remenber the ones who said bad things about it, it happens even when we talk about ourselves. If most people say good things about us we feel ok, but if just one person said horrible things, those things will have a great chance to be stucked at ours minds, so this way we forget all the other people who like us.

Maybe it is a little confunsing, especialy with my poor english. But my point is most of us really enjoyed GT5. I haven't played it yet. But i read a lot of thing here and saw so many photos and videos that i know what the game will give me. And i have to say, i'm very happy with it.

I really don't care about bad score reviews(but i admit that having good ones will be cool) or annoying people saying stupid things like the "speedometer doesn't work like in real life, it should show the speed while i do a burnout or a donout". I'll only play it and enjoy all the car porn...
 
While I have my complaints about the wheel support, shadows, etc. they are NOT show stoppers (and really....add native G25/27 support and I'm super happy).

It's a great game and I am having a blast.

I think we (some, most, whatever) simply got our hopes up TOO high. Anything less than absolute mind-blowing perfection was going to generate complaints. A lot of folks were expecting milestones, not baby steps.

I still think this is THE best racing game on the market. :)
 
No, there is certainly a lot to enjoy about this game. People are always going to be disappointed. In some cases, that will be legitimate disappointment, in others, perhaps unnecessary expectations.

It's perhaps unsurprising that the most vocal people are the people who are disappointed, so its easy to misinterpret the overall reception the game is getting.

I for one love the game, and while its quite early to say this, its likely to be the most played GT game of the series for me.
 
If this game wasn't a Gran Turismo franchise release - i.e. if it was the first driving game release from a new game producer - it would be getting 95%/5-star/ten out of ten scores all over the place.

The problem entirely comes from excessively high expectations of the series, which have been exacerbated and amplified by the long development time and delays.

Let's all be honest - this is an outstanding racing game; no question. I am LOVING it. My only problem is work and real life stopping me from playing it enough :(

ps: Hi all - new member her from NZ; my first post :)
 
As others have said a lot of it is to do with unrealistic expectations. I went in with an open mind and am absolutely loving it. In 6 months time there will be nothing but positive comments about the place as all those who don't like it will have stopped playing.

For me the fact is this is another GT game, by far my favourite gaming series of all time. When you look at it this game is certainly at the very least on par with GT4 and with that being my most played game ever there is no way I could not be in love with GT5.
 
With many aspects of GT5 being so great, it's just such a stark contrast that when you do run into the zingers, it's hard not to have a WTF?!? moment. I just hope PD has the resources and focus to fix the bugs and fill in the gaps with patches and/or DLC (or at least tell everyone that a popular request isn't going to happen so everyone will quit asking for it and get over it).
 
I really like it too. I have a few gripes, mainly the shifting but I got past that. This game will be alot better whenever it's a few months old, and a few patches have fixed problems. It will be amazing when it's 6 months old and the online is in full swing. After all the new guys have quit and the only people left playing are the hardcore GT fans. Whenever the GT planet leagues and competitions really get going, it's going to be hard to ever put another disk in the PS3 again. I can't see why this will not be the greatest racing game of all time once everything gets straightened out, and we really get some good races going here on GT planet.
 
I love this game.

I hate going online to hear people whine and complain on their mics. Turn off your mic, sign out, and give GT5 to someone who would enjoy it.
 
The premiums are THE GT5 cars, and the standards are bonus cars.

This is exactly how I thought of it. :)

If the game only had 200 cars but they were all as beautifully done as the premium cars, very few people would have a problem with it. So you'd think adding 800 bonus cars would just make it better. But instead you have people complaining about the fact that only "20% of the cars are premium". No one is thinking, 20% of 1000 is still a lot. :P
 
I`m with you ! I love GT5 more than I thought ! & I love Standards more more than I though !
 
It's not perfect, but then nor am I :)

For Me It's the best game of the year, since i first loaded it onto my PS3 I have not been able to leave it alone.

👍👍👍👍
 
I think I know the reason this game is beeing flamed for small bugs!

Angry people and people who likes other racing games or bought the wrong console(?) will make themselves heard. Happy people who have the right console and dont mind small spots on a shiny new game are too busy playing.

About the Premium/Standard issue... I feel bad for people who bought GT5 for "only" 200+ cars because they puke if they see a pixel. I bought GT5 for 1000+ cars and will use the car I want to drive, premium or standard. I actually prefer standard because the variation is beyond anything. Any day you can open the used cars menu and find an interesting car. Too bad I cant seem to afford the ones I really want.
 
No, best game I have ever played PERIOD.. the problem is the I want the MESand just re re that expect everything to be just perfect and are to ignorant to try to understand something before they complain...
 
Agree to you guys! Good to see a post like this.

I do not understand why there are so many ppl out there complaining, and not to mention some of those unfair reviews.

Some reviewers and players are judging GT5 with exceptionally high standard, I believe mainly due to the long wait. Take IGN's review for example, 8.5?!?!?!?!?! There are disappointing things here and there, like the shadow, loading time for menus, online still not working nicely and so on. But hey, compare to graphics from other games that only offer half the
resolution, or even half the frame rate, no 3D support, half amount of
cars on road, no dynamic whether or time change, and blabla. Didn't bother to mention the physic in GT5 is way ahead all other racing games on console. However those lower spec games get better score than GT5?!?! That is just a joke to me. It only means that they are using different standard for GT5, a standard only apply to GT5 if you will.

It is good that there are still objective reviews out there giving much better score to the game though.

Any way, it is pretty clear to me that GT5 is still the best you can get
for now. it is the pinnacle in so many areas for this gen of console. and it will probably remain on top until GT6 come out, could be on PS4.
 
Some reviewers and players are judging GT5 with exceptionally high standard, I believe mainly due to the long wait. Take IGN's review for example, 8.5?!?!?!?!?!
Agree !
IGN said : For all its missteps in the single player mode it's still an unrivalled driving experience
and again said : Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game
If its a 5/10 game , then its unrivalled in what aspect ?! cinematic ? music ? graphics ?
 
Back