Is it wrong that I'm enjoying this game?

Honestly, the reviews and complaints never got me. I've definitely enjoyed my time with GT5 and have probably spent over 30 hours on it already, and I'm still fiddling around with licenses, challenges, and online.

I think alot of people complain about premium/standard, but if you're a bumper view guy like me and don't watch replays, it's a total non-issue, same with visual damage. Even watching blocky shadows and weird rain effects, it doesn't disappoint me, because no other game can do what GT5 can do so far. I mean it's not perfect, but dang man, it's already better than alot of the racing games out there. That's how I think when I see imperfections in the game, so I can actually deal with missing features or frustrating tests etc.
 
I think GT5 is a really good game/sim. Physics are very important, and it delivers. :)
 
Enjoying it a lot here. :) Still find a lot of design decisions bizarre, doesn't make it a bad game though. When you're racing, it's fun as hell.
 
I too am enjoying GT5. I also own Hot Pursuit, and you can't use your DFGT with it either. There's not even a option to shift threw the gears! So needless to say GT5 Has been in my PS3 since day 1. My favorite feature so far is night racing and being able to flash your HighBeams. I believe I've had drivers move out the way because of a flash, AWESOME... Happy Driving All...
 
another happy customer. Im level 19 A-Spec an 8 B-Spec. Loving every moment.
My first GT since GT3. Great improvement for me :)
 
Didn't you get the memo? It's cool to hate stuff.

:lol:

But, yeah, I agree with you. I have some minor issues with a few things, but what GT5 does well, it does really well.
 
+1 for the topic poster. People like complaining (me included) and those shadows are disturbing, but you don't notice when you're racing. I like the B-spec very much by the way.
 
Oh, and by the way. Why is everybody complaining about PD instead of Sony? Sony is the one who created the hyped-up Playstation 3 that can't fulfill the expectation of a 1080p gaming experience. I think PD had a hard time to get 60 fps and they did a great job.
 
After unlocking the nurburgring in practice mode, I just drive the zr1 on it with all aids off. All the time. Nothing else I need to do anymore. Just this is worth my $60. When my friend said they saw negative reviews of GT5 on the internet, I don't even want to explain. You like driving, have a ps3, you play GT5.
 
Yesterday, I played online at the nordschleife at night. It was so awesome!! Very impressed.
 
Agree !
IGN said : For all its missteps in the single player mode it's still an unrivalled driving experience
and again said : Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game
If its a 5/10 game , then its unrivalled in what aspect ?! cinematic ? music ? graphics ?

"driving experience" - the clue's in the sentence :sly:
 
I am dissapointed with many aspects of the game but at the end of the day it's still Gran Turismo and still has the wonderful driving model that we all love.

Some moments in the game are pure automotive bliss :)
 
I have been playing for 3 days and I have never had this much fun online or offline in a game before ,I really don't know why people are complaining ,yes it is flawed but it staggering piece of entertainment.,
 
For me, thats my first own gt game (got my ps3 slim last year). GT 5 is awesome, i love to race my favourit cars over the tracks. IMO the standard cars look really good. I don´t care about the complains many people have, for me sometimes only the ai sucks so hard (driving really unfair, let your car spin, push you off the road) that i could explode.

GT 5 has all that, what i was looking for :sly:
 
Agree !
IGN said : For all its missteps in the single player mode it's still an unrivalled driving experience
and again said : Gran Turismo 5 is a 10/10 simulator wrapped up in a 5/10 game
If its a 5/10 game , then its unrivalled in what aspect ?! cinematic ? music ? graphics ?

ooops: Edit, Mis read the question.....

Not that these are all important to me, but i would start with

Online and community aspects.
Personalisation aspects, eg customisation and graphical
The lack of really good AI to make the single player interesting, outside of the license test and challenges e.t.c and to some extent the method and ability of the events to provide stricter guidelines to the entry requirements for a competitive challenge.

Edited here:
Its unchallenged in terms of the Physics engine and overall driving experince and the variety of cars it offers to its users, everything else needs at least a bit of work :)
 
Last edited:
I'm having a blast with this game, so much fun, especially online mode. That doesn't mean there hasn't been some serious disappointments in development decisions though.
 
I totally agree with these posts - this game is amazing. I now officially 'hate the haters'.

Haters - go chill, go find your next subject to b1tch about and leave the rest of us having a ball with GT5. Out.
 
I'm actually really enjoying it too, especially with the Driving Force GT. The amount of cars in races is a huge awesomeness factor, as are skid marks, smoke etc. I'm currently doing the Tuning Car Challenge, and even with 12 cars on track at once, there is not one single repeat car - so it makes for awesome racing and replay viewing.

Also really love my fully modified R32 GT-R V-Spec II with its GT wing, carbon fiber bonnet, front bumper mods, aftermarket black wheels and huge big bore out the back. With slicks on it handles incredibly well (as an aside, the slick tyres FINALLY have the amount of grip they should in a GT game, even the slicks on modded cars in Forza 3 aren't this grippy - great stuff for getting it right PD!!) and is very addictive to drive. Of course, i do have to chuck hard comfort tyres on it every now and then for skids. ;)
 
I love the game. I have tried nearly all the other Xbox and PS car games, and though some look good, for me none come close to the driving experience GT5 provides. It is the way I can feel what the car is doing, the fact that I do not have to focus on the mechanics of the controller. Car control just seems so natural. It is this driving experience that keeps me coming back hour after hour.
 
While there are many things that are disappointing, I am enjoying the racing, particularly the physics and graphics.

However I enjoyed playing GT4 for almost 3 yrs., and I don't see that happening with this game. From what I can see thus far, it pales in comparison depth wise, which was much of the previous core GT experience.
 
There seems to be a bit of theme on GTP at the moment... plenty of 'how clever can I sound by finding something really inane and/or irrelevent to compain/moan about' threads. But the people posting in these threads aren't the real GT fans... they'll be off playing the next 'latest game' in a month or so.

As I see it, GT5 is a great game for the core GT fan... it has an outstanding physics model, loads of quality cars and enough tracks to keep us entertained for a loooong time. But most importantly, we have private on-line rooms... sure, the on-line is a bit hit and miss at the moment, but once the novelty has worn off and the 1 month gamers have moved on to their next game the drain on the servers will drop and it will be fine. Because once we've golded the license tests and the challenges, and finished career mode this is what the game is really about... close, clean on-line racing with your mates in interesting cars.

GTP will calm down a bit too... we'll probably lose some of the people who just joined up for a month or 2 to whine and moan, but those members are no loss, and we'll get back to our happy (most of the time!) community.
 
How dare you be enjoying this game :grumpy:

Just kidding :D, I too am very much enjoying game, It does have it's faults and can be very frustrating at times, but all in all I've been playing it almost none stop.
 
I have a few gripes but none that make me not want to play.
This is the first time I've been obsessive over a game on PS3. I look to play it at every available opportunity. To the point where my kids are half-starved and my missus is neglected.

GT5 is essential.
 
I have a few gripes but none that make me not want to play.
This is the first time I've been obsessive over a game on PS3. I look to play it at every available opportunity. To the point where my kids are half-starved and my missus is neglected.

GT5 is essential.

You said it all, together with the holy creator of this topic. It's just "the GT feeling", that un-explainable feeling that we got when playing it. We feel at home! It's weird, but so comfortable and nice that makes me smile, and want to kill somebody when my playtime needs to be interrupted for things like: bath, food, work, sleeping.... I've been literally playing until I fall asleep over my DS3 controller!

The game HAS flaws, I do agree and some are nasty BUT all the EXAGERATED hate and complaining from people with sand in their genitals is getting plain ANNOYING. While this forum its a place to talk about the game, and after all, even with flaws, there's a lot of us that are playing and enjoying. So, instead of talking about the gameplay, some people just come here and start complaining, complaining, complaining. Talk about the flaws, but take care of the hate.

It's not fair. Doesn't like, don't buy it. Sell it and go away. Thanks!
 
I just have to ask that. Going by not only this forum, but any other forum I've seen, it seems like just about everyone is finding a lot to complain about. I agree the game isn't perfect, but I still find it to be an awesome time. I know the level grind is annoying, but didn't you buy a racing sim to race? Why not race? I think people are too busy trying to get to the level cap fast and not just enjoying the game. You'll get the X1 in time. Why not race your old Mini Cooper again for fun? All the cars feel different to drive for a reason. Enjoy them. I still redo some of the Beginners series courses because they're fun.

I know the graphics aren't perfect, but what has perfect graphics? I still can't see what's wrong with the shadows that everyone is complaining about. Yeah they're not great, but I'm not seeing better shadows as being commonly used in other games. You'd think "Pole Position" had better graphics the way some people complain.

And I don't know about everyone else, but every racing game I've ever played, I've had a handful (maybe up to like 20ish) of cars that were my favorites that I always raced. So it doesn't matter to me if only 200 are premium. I won't even use all 200 of them. For me, the 800 standard cars are usually just for the themed races or if I find a really neat car (though those are usually Premium anyway).

And with all the complaining about B-Spec, you'd think you were forced to do it. I'm sure that's exactly why PD made it separate from A-Spec. Plus, if you look at it the right way, it does have some excitement to it. It's not that you're watching someone else race, it's that you're watching someone else race the car that you had to think about and tune to win.

I guess it all comes down to, everyone has a different opinion on things. Some people probably aren't having the same experience with it that I am. But with all the threads complaining about the game, you'd think it's wrong to be happy with the game. I know it took 6 years, but I still find it impressive. I'm certainly not going to leave this game for NFS: Hot Pursuit. Am I the only one? Am I just totally oblivious to what a "good game" should be?

Ur not the only one, i share the EXCAT same view as you about this game, i just love this game to bits, and taking my time with A spec, i come home everyday after work just to play 2 hours and sleep, and i love it!
 
There is no such thing as a perfect game
Of course it has flaws, but I´m loving every minute of GT5
 
There seems to be a bit of theme on GTP at the moment... plenty of 'how clever can I sound by finding something really inane and/or irrelevent to compain/moan about' threads. But the people posting in these threads aren't the real GT fans... they'll be off playing the next 'latest game' in a month or so.

As I see it, GT5 is a great game for the core GT fan... it has an outstanding physics model, loads of quality cars and enough tracks to keep us entertained for a loooong time. But most importantly, we have private on-line rooms... sure, the on-line is a bit hit and miss at the moment, but once the novelty has worn off and the 1 month gamers have moved on to their next game the drain on the servers will drop and it will be fine. Because once we've golded the license tests and the challenges, and finished career mode this is what the game is really about... close, clean on-line racing with your mates in interesting cars.

GTP will calm down a bit too... we'll probably lose some of the people who just joined up for a month or 2 to whine and moan, but those members are no loss, and we'll get back to our happy (most of the time!) community.

Quoted for truth! Really nice post mate! :)

Can't wait until these happy times get back!
 
I think this game is by far the best and most enjoyable racing game on the ps3??? I dont understand y peolple are moaning bout it. C'mon guys!!
 
I just have to ask that. Going by not only this forum, but any other forum I've seen, it seems like just about everyone is finding a lot to complain about. I agree the game isn't perfect, but I still find it to be an awesome time. I know the level grind is annoying, but didn't you buy a racing sim to race? Why not race? I think people are too busy trying to get to the level cap fast and not just enjoying the game. You'll get the X1 in time. Why not race your old Mini Cooper again for fun? All the cars feel different to drive for a reason. Enjoy them. I still redo some of the Beginners series courses because they're fun.

I know the graphics aren't perfect, but what has perfect graphics? I still can't see what's wrong with the shadows that everyone is complaining about. Yeah they're not great, but I'm not seeing better shadows as being commonly used in other games. You'd think "Pole Position" had better graphics the way some people complain.

And I don't know about everyone else, but every racing game I've ever played, I've had a handful (maybe up to like 20ish) of cars that were my favorites that I always raced. So it doesn't matter to me if only 200 are premium. I won't even use all 200 of them. For me, the 800 standard cars are usually just for the themed races or if I find a really neat car (though those are usually Premium anyway).

And with all the complaining about B-Spec, you'd think you were forced to do it. I'm sure that's exactly why PD made it separate from A-Spec. Plus, if you look at it the right way, it does have some excitement to it. It's not that you're watching someone else race, it's that you're watching someone else race the car that you had to think about and tune to win.

I guess it all comes down to, everyone has a different opinion on things. Some people probably aren't having the same experience with it that I am. But with all the threads complaining about the game, you'd think it's wrong to be happy with the game. I know it took 6 years, but I still find it impressive. I'm certainly not going to leave this game for NFS: Hot Pursuit. Am I the only one? Am I just totally oblivious to what a "good game" should be?

you took the words right out of my mouth 👍
 
Back