Is it wrong to block and bump other cars?

• Thread starter somefuka
  • 75 comments

somefuka

(Banned)
The one major flaw of GT3 is the fact that blocking and bumping is a major part of its gameplay. In a race where your car is not so great you are required to smack into the leading pack when they turn a corner so you can bump your way into 1st. When your there you have to block you cars with your rear view mirror. On the flip side, you tune your car so much that they havent got a chance of beating you. What im trying to say is you never really RACE! Which is a bit of a shame.
Do you think its wrong to block and bump? What alternative do you have?

If it is wrong, then i have been racing wrong every race. But if you dont call bumping and smashing your way through cars that all have 1000+bhp and staying like this a whole 6 laps. Then what is?

cutting them off into one of those rocks (we all know which ones) on Trial MT is absolutely the most gratifying experience when it comes to bumping cars.  I absolutely adore it.  :D

Quote: from bluedawnrider on 5:47 pm on Aug. 7, 2001[br]cutting them off into one of those rocks (we all know which ones) on Trial MT is absolutely the most gratifying experience when it comes to bumping cars.  I absolutely adore it.  :D
Damn near as good as sex... almost!

Quote: from bigblocksrule on 6:53 pm on Aug. 7, 2001[br]
Quote: from bluedawnrider on 5:47 pm on Aug. 7, 2001[br]cutting them off into one of those rocks (we all know which ones) on Trial MT is absolutely the most gratifying experience when it comes to bumping cars.  I absolutely adore it.  :D
Damn near as good as sex... almost!

LOL, :lol:  Damn near!!!

I think this topic is rather strange......
Is it wrong to drive too fast or to overtune your car?

Jeez, people must get bored at times.

Why don't we post a thread on how to operate the memory card,or
how to read the read the credits in the game?

Quote: from Turbolader on 7:15 pm on Aug. 7, 2001[br]I think this topic is rather strange......

I'm confused as to what you are trying to ask. :confused:  Don't we all know how to use our memory cards?  BTW, I have tried to flip my cars and the physics in the game just wont let me.  What a bummer.

I think bumping is a great part of the game.If you happen to get in their way they will clobber you just like most real racing.Besides when you happen to get in a really competative race,it just adds to the challenge.

Quote: from Turbolader on 6:15 pm on Aug. 7, 2001[br]I think this topic is rather strange......

Define driving too fast and overtune!!??

I forgot which track it is, but I can ALMOST flip my car.  It peaks like all the way up, and then it trns sideways abit then I land and ride it out for the win.  Its the trac where, at the end of the lap, u take a sharp right hten a shasrp left for a straight away.  Well I just cut right though the dirt goin 190mph, then hit this dirt wound a Wala.  LoL I dunno IOf I explained very well./  

on Trial Mountain the grass at the end and that bump on the left is great because you will lose no speed going into the grass and sometimes I can land on a car after that bump. you can really fly on that bump. the most gratifying bump I can do to a computer car is get them stuck at some tracks. once on Special Stage Route 11 you can get the cars stuck at some of the 90 degree turns for a few seconds, maybe longer. on Cote D'Azur I got another car stuck into one of those gaps that are around. if you ask me, bumping and hitting other cars are fine because they constantly do it to me on the last turns of races and I fly into the grass, leaving me in last place. I do it especially if earlier in the race someone bumps me to the outside on a turn, I go after that guy who bumped me like a wolf, and don't stop until I get him stuck somewhere, or at least in some grass facing the wrong way. I don't even care if I lose sometimes.

Hahahah  YEAH ME TOO!  I even talk to the guys who rammed me.  You dirty rat  But then I always seem to ahev really sweet cut offs and so on.

Anywayz.  Thats apart of racing!  Besides the computer bomps and prods me all the time!  

The thing is, if the physics were more realistic, and when you bumped a car it span wildly out of control, like in the old Indy car games on the PC, it might be a little more satifying. The producer of GT3 said he would have loved to included damage, but would need special permission from every manufacturer to show their cars with damage. It would be amzing if you could damage your car and you would have to pay for repairs! Change the whole game, and do away with the dirty ramming!

:banghead: Whenever I race in Laguna Seca, I usually would bump the car infront of me so that it goes straight to the sand... 😈
It's kinda bad thing but I bought this PS2 to have to race and have FUN!!! :D :D :D

Originally posted by somefuka
...[snip] The producer of GT3 said he would have loved to included damage, but would need special permission from every manufacturer to show their cars with damage. [snip]...
Yes, remember reading an interview with the lead designer, and there seemed to be all sorts of hassle with permission from the car makers. In some cases even the "owners" of courses (Tokyo, if I remember right) forced some limitations on the representation in the game.

But the damage factor would be a nice thing to have included anyway. What if the cars got damaged without showing it? Say a gentle bump gave you like 2 % damage, a nasty head-on 70 % and so on. This would accumulate and gradually effect your engine output and could only be fixed by going for a pit-stop. Doing bumper-turns would then be something you had to weigh against the increase in damage on your car. The AI would have to make the same considerations of course.

Originally posted by Pako
cutting them off into one of those rocks (we all know which ones) on Trial MT is absolutely the most gratifying experience when it comes to bumping cars.  I absolutely adore it.  :D
[ :cool: /B]

You want to know what is fun. Try and bump some of the other cars into the pit stop.

Wrong to bump them? Nah sorry, if they ram me for being on their line or push me along the track without trying to avoid, then they've got to expect to get **** back! Anyway what's wrong with a bit of mirror-rubbing expecially when the ai car ends up t-boned on the pit entrance! ;) hehe

Somthing that's funny for at least a couple of seconds ;) is hopping in your fastest ride, and then going back to some race like the clubman cup or somthin and then pushing a car to like 150mph while their brake lights are on! hey, I said it was only funny for a couple seconds didn't I :P

Well the AI cars are there for our amusement, like the rest of the game, so if you like punting them into the gravel (which, let's face it, is fun 😈 ) then so be it.

But if you're there for a hardcore race, you should behave like a proper racing driver.

Just my £0.02

Originally posted by Bob Mackenzie

You want to know what is fun. Try and bump some of the other cars into the pit stop.

Hehe yeah! :P

BTW I did the exact OPPOSITE thing the other day! I was in that darn pro vitz/yaris challenge, and one of the cpu-cars were going to pit at the sixth lap or something but I got up on the side of him and denied him to grt in to the pit...hahahaha :D
The car had so worn tyres that it crashed every corner (SS route11) and didn't get to pit before the next round.. it ended up 30 seconds behind the other cpu-vitz'es! and thats alot in that race! :D

haha tigra rules!

my take on this is do whatever the hell you want. it's your game. i've tried to play w/o bumping the AI but they always seem to run into you anyways.

i was drafting on the test course and tried to sling shot pass the lead car in the last 100m of the race and ended up bumping him into the winner's circle. sucks!

Something I noticed when I was doing one of the GT world Series was that if you didn't bump any of the AI cars they would usually not bump you but I you started purposely hitting them they would sometimes go out of their way to knock you off the track

Back