Is it wrong to block and bump other cars?

• Thread starter somefuka
  • 75 comments
i do the same as wastegate, it's not fair to hit someone into a wall or pit entry just to get a position higher. the most i could stand doing is accidentally bumping their backs from late braking reactions.

Here's a little weird thingy regarding bumping.

I was racing the Poly 001 on C d azure (i can't remember how to spell it :) ) and i kept getting crushed on the first corner after the straight cos my line is totally different to theirs. So i lost my temper (cue: road rage :D ) and after that slightly curvy straight i didn't brake and just smashed into the back of the last two cars.

However road rage doesn't pay cos i came off worse (which made me madder) and i ended up at right angles to the track with my nose against the outside of the track, while the rest of the cars disappeared.
It was early on in the race and i managed to slowly reel the bastards back in and win.
Here's the weird bit: I watched the start of the replay and on the third lap (where i had experienced the rage) it showed my crash into the wall, but my car didn't reverse off the wall like i did in the race, it just stuck there, no revs not wheel turning nothing. THe AI cars kept coming round and my car stayed against the wall. It stayed like that til the end of the replay although my position changed to 1st on the 23rd lap whcih was when i took the lead in the race.

werid huh?

oh, another replay bug. something kinda similar happened to me... i was doin the vitz race when an AI vitz tumbled by me at about 200+ mph, then slammed into the wall. i did the replay and it showed me just turn into the wall, crash, and sit there the rest of the race. i guess its not as uncommon as i had thought

Originally posted by Turbolader
I think this topic is rather strange......
Is it wrong to drive too fast or to overtune your car?

Jeez, people must get bored at times.

Why don't we post a thread on how to operate the memory card,or
how to read the read the credits in the game?

Why don't you go trash some other forum, New Member?

Hey, umm, mile? Check the date on Turboblader's post:

08-07-01

It's yet another 'ghost thread' resurrected and set adrift on the Planet. Don't worry about it, man.

I dont find it much fun bumping the AI unless its neccessary like the last lap of the 200mile endurance race and ur losing by an inch and the last s curve is coming up...... otherwise i play by the rules as it is more fun.

Originally posted by BMW X5 SPORTS
I dont find it much fun bumping the AI unless its neccessary like the last lap of the 200mile endurance race and ur losing by an inch and the last s curve is coming up...... otherwise i play by the rules as it is more fun.
Same here. I try to keep it real but if necessary I have no problem ramming them into the wall. I should've last night. I was doing the seven laps of the Swiss Alps and was ahead the entire race then I messed up somehow and lost in the last corner of the last lap:banghead:. I just sat there in disbelief. I hate when that happens.

i absolutely freak as well sometimes when i know i cant make it, i start driving backwards along the track to really give it to em when i see em approaching me. at least seeing them spin out of control satifies me.
heheheheheheeheh

Gonna weigh-in here….
GT3’s a racing “simulator”, right?
But not simulating real-world racing conditions (e.g. car damage) reduces GT3 to a mere racing “game”.
A 50mph speed difference slam into the rear of another car would essentially end the race for those to drivers (and possibly their lives)… even bouncing off the rails in a full-blown drift would render the car undriveable.

The damage issue is too big a component in simulated racing to be disregarded.

Therefore, it is in my humble opinion that any noticeable contact (i.e. movement or contact with other cars or course features that produce a definite jump or redirection on screen) should be considered cheating real-world conditions, should not be allowed, and should effectively end the race- or at least require an immediate pit. This movement does not apply to abrupt changes in street pavements as in the Seattle circuit, or low sloped checkered curbs.
This opinion is rendered moot if you are simply playing GT3 as a racing “game”.

So I guess the answer to the original question is a question: do you play it as a racing game, or do you play it as a racing simulator?

Originally posted by Turbolader
I think this topic is rather strange......
Is it wrong to drive too fast or to overtune your car?

Jeez, people must get bored at times.

Why don't we post a thread on how to operate the memory card,or
how to read the read the credits in the game?

Oh shutup:rolleyes:

I don't know if this has been posted but at Seattle it is possible to push another car into the wall and they get stuck there until another car comes along and rams them. This has also happened at Cote D'Azur.

Back