Is Lanzante Teasing the Return of the Longtail With the McLaren P1 GT?

Is the P1 hypercar-y enough to GT1? Because those Toyota, Aston, and Mercedes concepts look next-level.

Actually the Mercedes looks like a boat but you know what I mean. Perhaps this "longtail" P1 mod will being is closer to the Toyota and Aston in terms of aero.

Is the P1 hypercar-y enough to GT1? Because those Toyota, Aston, and Mercedes concepts look next-level.
No. Senna is close, but I think the real McLaren hypercar/GT1 will be what's currently called BP23.

From the front it kinda reminds me of a mercedes benz clk gtr

Love it :):D

1p9a7860.jpg
1p9a7880.jpg
20180712_090033.jpg
1p9a7915.jpg
1p9a7919.jpg
1p9a7926.jpg
1p9a7940.jpg
290a5667.jpg
290a5757.jpg
290a5789.jpg

Last edited:
It's cool and looks gorgeous, but it really doesn't capture the full spirit of the original GT; the interior is a let-down. It just looks like a P1 GTR with a new roof scoop, spoiler, exhaust, and leather interior pieces, as if Lanzante is fully cashing in on trying to get more of these cars.

After the 675LT I thought I'd never see an actual Longtail McLaren, let alone a P1! I absolutely love it, although maybe I'd prefer it if it had a smaller, retractable wing à la original P1 instead of the big racing car style wing it has. Probably not many of you share this opinion, but I just love cars like this without rear wings (such as the original F1 Longtail road car) or something like the CLK-GTR's.

Back