Is TCS for babies?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Devil240Z
  • 60 comments
  • 3,286 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get what you mean?

Wouldn't really expect you to chief. The title could have said a thousand different things that weren't childish, even if you use TCS. It's not a tool for babies as you've asked, nor is ABS or SFR (well that last one is questionable :sly:).
 
Well that depends on your definition of chea- wait, why am I trying to argue with the most condescending know-it-all on the forums...

Is the name calling really necessary? Like I said, go tell everyone that's running the Seasonal TT's that they are cheating and see if you don't get the same response as mine.
 
Is the name calling really necessary? Like I said, go tell everyone that's running the Seasonal TT's that they are cheating and see if you don't get the same response as mine.
You called me ignorant; don't be surprised that I'm upset. I used SRF in the seasonal events because you need it to be competitive, but I still think a magic force that defies physics to lower lap times is cheating, even if everyone can use it. If you want to laugh off my opinion because it doesn't to conform to yours, well, that would fit your personality.
 
Wouldn't really expect you to chief. The title could have said a thousand different things that weren't childish, even if you use TCS. It's not a tool for babies as you've asked, nor is ABS or SFR (well that last one is questionable :sly:).
I wasn't myself implying that it was for babies. I was just mirroring the reaction I get from others. I don't think its for babies at all.
 
I did not call you ignorant, I called your STATEMENT ignorant. Read it again...carefully. And please, keep the cheap shots to yourself. Furthermore, it is not just my opinion. Its an aid, in the game, so it is not cheating. A more appropriate term for it would be an unfair advantage, and there is a difference between that and out right cheating.
 
This. Just don't cuss the room host out if he doesn't allow the aids/regulations that you want.

These. Don't worry about how anyone else plays the game, unless they set relevant rules as a host, then play by the rules, as they have set them. They're playing the game how they want and so should you, regardless of who else thinks it's right or wrong. Never understood what is to be gained on a computer game forum, when one isn't using TCS...i assume they win the internet forum! Hooray !

TCS or not, as long as you're having a good time, is all that should matter :)
 
I did not call you ignorant, I called your STATEMENT ignorant.
http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/250x250/44315082.jpg
And please, keep the cheap shots to yourself.
Oh, you're right, insulting my ideas is completely different from insulting me. And thanks for typing statement in all caps so my tiny brain would understand the emphasis.
 
I don't use TCS, but I don't think people who use them are babies. Sometimes cars are just way too hard to drive without it. Especially on a DS3.
 
Well IMO the only people who would call someone a baby [and mean it] for using TCS would be someone who is still a bit of a baby themself ;)

I have no problem with anyone using TCS and I myself use it on some cars and don't use it on others some people need it and others would just rather have it than not.

Occasionally we will run a lobby where TCS is forced off and everyone is using over powered muscle cars. It can be quite a lot of fun. Most races I will allow the use of any real world assist and block only SRF and Active Steering though sometimes I will allow those as well I just never use them myself
 
There are rooms with aids and rooms without; there is no need to mix the two. Aids are like crack and the sooner you get off it the better it will be for you. Just kidding. Do what you want but don't ask hosts to change their settings.

Merry Christmas.
 
Oh, you're right, insulting my ideas is completely different from insulting me. And thanks for typing statement in all caps so my tiny brain would understand the emphasis.
Oh, you're right, insulting my ideas is completely different from insulting me. And thanks for typing statement in all caps so my tiny brain would understand the emphasis.

Ok, you can stop anytime now. No need to carry this on any further. Time to move on.
 
I wasn't myself implying that it was for babies. I was just mirroring the reaction I get from others. I don't think its for babies at all.

I get that, but when you name a thread as such, you will bring in those ignorant types is what I was getting at.
 
I am on a ds3 and I occassionally host spec rooms. I turn all aids off besides abs as a filter in an attempt to attract only good drivers. PD doesn't give us a lot of tools to help keep our lobbies clean so turning aids off is one of the few parameters we have. Still though I get called out for using abs all the time and a lot of people think that makes me a noob. I don't whine about it I just practice 0 abs when I can offline and when I feel I'm competent enough with it and not dangerous in braking zones, ill make the switch online.

Bottom line is, play the game however you want. But if there's a certain crowd you want to be a part of, you're going to have to find a way to play by their rules. Such is life
 
Ok, you can stop anytime now. No need to carry this on any further. Time to move on.
Ok I'll stop with the name calling.
 
Last edited:
Ok I'll stop with the name calling. But let me just change the subject with this random word-definition followed by a completely unrelated sentence I read once.

con·de·scend·ing
adjective \ˌkän-di-ˈsen-diŋ\
showing or characterized by a patronizing or superior attitude toward others

"Ok, you can stop anytime now. No need to carry this on any further. Time to move on."

Seriously dude, I tried to politely end this conversation and you still want to carry it on. Now drop it already.
 
I don't know what you're talking about.
 
Last edited:
If you want to race with the big boys in their lobbies, your going to have to play by their rules. Your driving will benefit as well.
 
The funny thing I found about people with assist egos in years of Forza racing....it was those who beat their chest the loudest about not using TCS that were the ones who MOST needed to turn it on. I used to make it a point to go into some of the no-assist elitist wannabe rooms in FM2 and destroy them while they flailed around the track looking like noob drifters.

@OP - Race whatever gives you the most fun or makes you the fastest. Don't concern yourself with small opinions from even smaller minds. And yes, TCS is used in many real life racing series despite what the elitist types will tell you.
 
If you want to race with the big boys in their lobbies, your going to have to play by their rules. Your driving will benefit as well.

Big boys, I garuntee you some of the racers that do TCS for certain series probably run better lap times than these so called "big boys"
 
I've started to host rooms online with tcs on though I will not use it myself! Drivers using tcs may be fast and clean and I allways state the room as "clean" with "race for real".
 
Did a toddler come up with this thread title?
 
Did a toddler come up with this thread title?

If you read through the thread I already questioned it and got a legitimate answer to why it was used. Read the rest of the thread.
 
Driving a car that is on the edge of control so that it almost feels alive is for me the most enjoyable part of the game. Driving aids detract from the experience so I don't use them.

I suggest using the game without driver aids because when you get used to it you will find it so much more satisfying.
 
Big boys, I garuntee you some of the racers that do TCS for certain series probably run better lap times than these so called "big boys"

Ahh yes, because we all know tcs is faster :rolleyes:

I thought we had this clear by now. Two equally skilled drivers, one with tcs on, one without, who will be faster. Have a wild guess.

Not using tcs is also normally indicative that a player is more confident and skilled of a driver.
 
I am on a ds3 and I occassionally host spec rooms. I turn all aids off besides abs as a filter in an attempt to attract only good drivers. PD doesn't give us a lot of tools to help keep our lobbies clean so turning aids off is one of the few parameters we have. Still though I get called out for using abs all the time and a lot of people think that makes me a noob. I don't whine about it I just practice 0 abs when I can offline and when I feel I'm competent enough with it and not dangerous in braking zones, ill make the switch online.

Bottom line is, play the game however you want. But if there's a certain crowd you want to be a part of, you're going to have to find a way to play by their rules. Such is life
I think it would be nice if GT6 had some kind of penalty system like in iRacing. You get a negative rep for poor driving and making contact with other players' cars.
 
Ahh yes, because we all know tcs is faster :rolleyes:

Not what I said, good job at dropping the ball on that one. I'm saying that there are racers well known on GTP that run well with TCS on or off and using it isn't an issue for them. Don't see how the moments they do use it they all of a sudden adorn some baby guise (your point of view), but when it's off and they beat you they're a real man. The chest beating is best left in the drift and drag sub-forum.

I thought we had this clear by now. Two equally skilled drivers, one with tcs on, one without, who will be faster. Have a wild guess.

Not using tcs is also normally indicative that a player is more confident and skilled of a driver.

No one is saying it isn't.
 
Ahh yes, because we all know tcs is faster :rolleyes:

I thought we had this clear by now. Two equally skilled drivers, one with tcs on, one without, who will be faster. Have a wild guess.

Not using tcs is also normally indicative that a player is more confident and skilled of a driver.

That depends on the skill of the players and the car in use. On a high powered RWD car the one with TCS on will on average be faster as there is less chance of making a severe mistake, but then again it depends on what value the TCS is set to also as well as the track and the tires in use and the track conditions.

I have heard many times how TCS is always slowing you down in all cases but considering I have posted #1 times with TCS on I'm not so convinced that it is always faster. In low powered cars it is for sure but once you get into the 700-1000 hp range and RWD the potential to lose several seconds without TCS is very high and the potential to make up time is not very high
 
I'd love to drive without it, but due to the fact i play with pad only, i still use TCS. It's impossible (for me) to accelerate that smooth like i'd do with pedals.
 
I have been playing GT games since, well since the beginning. Its one of my favorite and most cherished game franchises. I have put probably 1000s of hours in to the series. But I have always used TCS. Never really thought of turning it off. And now with so much online racing going on many of the more popular rooms force people to turn off TCS. but when I do this I find the car to be really difficult to drive. Spinning out all the time.

I just don't understand why people force us to turn it off. I mean a skilled driver should be faster with TCS off anyway so if you let me use it than you should be able to beat me regardless. I just think it would be more inclusive to allow less skilled drivers to turn it on in online races.

Am I alone in this or does anyone agree with me?

Tom Kristensen is the most succesful man on Le Mans and he drives with TCS.
 
I think driving with TCS is more fun, because you have to try and manage the car. Makes those already boring races (offline races), a bit more exciting. With TCS, you just have to step on the gas and go for gold.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back