Is The Bmw V12 LMR Worth The Money

  • Thread starter Thread starter GM
  • 50 comments
  • 9,875 views
GT4_Rule
Nicely said. But I plan on buying both new and old of those monster cars :sly: I have 21 million credits, its fairly easy to earn them back.

Oh and you have to challenge me to the race too because I started the whole "R8 is good" thing :D

So you started that? :lol:
This whole time I figured everyone who drove the car figured it out on their own. :dunce:
Oh well. :D
Whatever the case, I'm not challenging, just asking if I will be challenged. :trouble:
(and the more the merrier) :cheers: :trouble: :lol:

Btw, thanks for the respect about my reply... ;) :cough: rep :cough:
 
i have noticed the black gt one when it gets above 200 mph is all over the place!!! dose anybody have a cure for it?? oh the black 787 i awsome
 
Vio
However, the GTOne is such a marvelous car ... all the nifty little details and stuff like the aerodynamics - Mulsannes Corner has some impressive data and information about the GTOne (and other cars as well) - drop by if you haven't already, this site is really worth the effort.

One of my favorite sites to visit.

As for watching Le Mans in the U.S., Speed Channel :yuck: is pretty much your only option.

BTW, I like Kent's idea. Buy the black GT-One. Don't waste 4.5m credits on the one from the Toyota dealership.
 
Mulsanne
One of my favorite sites to visit.

As for watching Le Mans in the U.S., Speed Channel :yuck: is pretty much your only option.

BTW, I like Kent's idea. Buy the black GT-One. Don't waste 4.5m credits on the one from the Toyota dealership.

But if you are trying to get the GT-One to over 300mph or to break the Land Speed Record then you will need a brand new one, since the black one has lost some hp due to the mileage. Heh, I will need a new Minolta soon, mine lost 15hp already!
 
Well thanks Mulsanne. :cheers:

Regarding the BMW V12 LMR though... (back to the subject of the thread) :p

Maybe we should all pull together and try to produce some lap times in an effort to see how it compares to the other competitors?
That might be a great help to anyone interested in the BMW.

Also, we might do well to have a multi-lap test to see how bad the LMR is on tires.
I know the LMR is rough on tires (too much torque not to be) but how bad? I have no real clue (it's been so long since I drove one in any kind of multi-lap race).

Anyway, those are just some ideas. :sly:
 
GT4_Rule
But if you are trying to get the GT-One to over 300mph or to break the Land Speed Record then you will need a brand new one, since the black one has lost some hp due to the mileage. Heh, I will need a new Minolta soon, mine lost 15hp already!

But see, I believe a car's real value is in how quickly it gets round a circuit. Top speed is not the "be all and end all" of a car's performance.

And for everyone (not just you, my friend): It's a Toyota 88CV, not a "Minolta." Minolta is only the car's sponsor.

And Kent, name the time and place for any LMP competition, and I'm there.
 
GT4_Rule
Nicely said. But I plan on buying both new and old of those monster cars :sly: I have 21 million credits, its fairly easy to earn them back.

Oh and you have to challenge me to the race too because I started the whole "R8 is good" thing :D


you know i was in on the R8 before i got to GTP :cool:

ill face you, mono e mono (once i set up my xlink :ouch:)


ok and yea you would need the GTOne as you call it to be brand spankin new to be good at top speed AND around a circuit because of the whole body warp deal
 
samj_13
you know i was in on the R8 before i got to GTP :cool:

ill face you, mono e mono (once i set up my xlink :ouch:)

Id be glad to face you but I dont have online play - or its maybe just that Im too lazy to set it up. I have broadband, modem, online CD, but dont have the will to set it up :guilty:
 
GT4_Rule
Id be glad to face you but I dont have online play - or its maybe just that Im too lazy to set it up. I have broadband, modem, online CD, but dont have the will to set it up :guilty:

we have so much in common
 
samj_13
the GTOne as you call it

I do believe that's the name of the car. :lol:
I suppose you could call it the Toyota TS020 GT-One but that's an aweful lot of name for something that can be called the "GT-One" and still be recognized without trouble.

Now, back on topic fellas. 👍

BMW LMR V12.

I know this isn't all that helpful, but long ago when I first got GT4 the LMR took me down to 5'12 or so on the Ring in arcade mode on Super Soft tires. Not exactly a great lap but not all that bad either. :sly:

Maybe I will go back to that combo and see what I can do. :trouble:
After all, I have improved a bit since then. :D
 
Kent, a 5:12 second time around the Ring is good in anything 👍

And I'm just used to callong it the TSO20 :indiff:

Still saying, get the R8 :D
 
:indiff:
Since you win the R8 it is really a waste of money to buy.

But I must say this much atleast...
Thank you. :bowdown:

However, 5'12 to me now seems kinda slow in a car like the LMR... Gotta realize... Follow the link in my sig. ;)

5'26.??? in the McLaren F1 makes 5'12 in an LMP seem a little slow.
Like I said though, maybe I will take the LMR out again and see how it goes. :trouble:
 
Kent
:indiff:
Since you win the R8 it is really a waste of money to buy.

But I must say this much atleast...
Thank you. :bowdown:

However, 5'12 to me now seems kinda slow in a car like the LMR... Gotta realize... Follow the link in my sig. ;)

5'26.??? in the McLaren F1 makes 5'12 in an LMP seem a little slow.
Like I said though, maybe I will take the LMR out again and see how it goes. :trouble:

Id say definitely go for it, because yeah, skills improve over time. I have improved so much that I got 15 more silver trophies in the License test and 4 more gold. So try it and tell us how it went! :)
 
Hmmmm... interesting thread.

So I'm hearing people say the R8 is quite the car. Just what makes it so good? Or what makes it better than the BMW V12?
 
panozdude_85
Hmmmm... interesting thread.

So I'm hearing people say the R8 is quite the car. Just what makes it so good? Or what makes it better than the BMW V12?

The R8 is supposedly one of the best LMP cars because of its weight, power and performance. I have not driven it myself but it must be very good to receive such a positive reputation from GTP. Im guessing that it is very easy on tires, fuels and handles like its on rails.
 
Well, I've got a little experience with the R8 and it is definately a car worth having. 👍

Everything GT4_Rule said is right on the money.
Handles like it's on rails, easy on tires, goes like crazy.
The R8 is easily one of the fastest cars in the game.

The main reason I've been so hesitant to say "buy the R8" is because I like to encourage everyone to obtain all of the cars worth driving.

The LMR is a great car worthy of a purchase when you can afford it.
Just remember, the LMR is not on pace with the R8. :(
There's got to be a better thread for the R8, find that and I will test in the mean time. ;)
Back soon with hopefully a comparison of the LMR and R8.
Track suggestions anyone? (I can't do the Ring for something like this with so little time).
(gotta be arcade mode too :ouch: )

:trouble:
Back soon. :D

Edit:
Back.
Basically, the R8 is a faster track car. 👍 :lol:
Ran stock arcade laps with hard tires and no aids.
The LMR was 1 second behind the R8 at Infineon (as you would expect).

The R8 had shorter gearing, easier turn-in, less wheelspin, more control.
The LMR had tall gears, more stability, more wheelspin, more experience necessary.

I advise against spending 4,500,000 Cr on the R8 because you can win one by doing a 24hr Sarthe enduro.
However, the R8 is certainly an excellent car. :dopey:

The LMR... That's a personal prefference pick. :p
You may want a Pescarolo (I preffer the 10cyl. pesky), or even one of the Japanese LMPs.

Whatever the case, I'm at the point with this thread now that I must ask... Where is the "george morley" the creator of this thread and what are his/ your thoughts on this stuff. :lol:

Here we all are talking about the most in-depth characteristics of the LMPs and "george" was just asking if it was worth the purchase for photo mode. :ouch: :dunce: :lol:

George... in that case, I'd say no unless you really like the LMR (which I have a feeling you just might.. read first post).

Hoping not to return to this thread. :lol:
Sincerely,
-Kent :lol: :cheers:
 
I have a comparison between most/all LMP/GTP/Group C cars here and here. Check it out!
 
I think I'll go for it since i do really like it and seems quite good from what ive seen in this post,

Thanks
 
drop us some urls to the pics!

anyway, all that stuff about the LMR makes me want to take it out for a short lap around Motegi (street course) again ... and to find out which LMP is fastest around the Twin Ring.
 
Vio
drop us some urls to the pics!

anyway, all that stuff about the LMR makes me want to take it out for a short lap around Motegi (street course) again ... and to find out which LMP is fastest around the Twin Ring.

Sounds like we have a new thread idea on our hands...:)
 
Back