Is the Electric GT Tesla Model S P100D Coming to Assetto Corsa Later This Year?

Stefano had this to say about it...

5TMCsTF.png

Wiz
Stefano had this to say about it...

5TMCsTF.png

The whole thing is kinda bizarre. If the actual series is wanting the car in a sim I wouldn't think they would go to a modder, they'd go to the dev. But apparently that's not the case, so it's rather bold to put what looks like an official video out there when you don't have a working relationship with the dev. And what do Kunos think about these people putting out a teaser video that makes it look like this car is going to appear as official content? So many questions...

I hope Kunos never wastes their time making this car.

I'd love for them to make it, the Model S is probably the most impressive thing I've ever driven and it would be cool to have a race spec version of it to virtually race. AC already has so many hybrid elements in it from the LMP1/F1 cars so I'd guess some of the hard work is already done.

The Car was tested at Vallelunga. Where Kunos does work too.

And as an Xbox User im used to evasive statements / excuses by Kunos.

So who knows. Very weird overall

I think the visuals on that Tesla are too low quality to be from an actual game (even for Assetto Corsa which is not the prettiest), it looks more as though it's a mobile game like Real Racing, again how that fits in with available on console beats me.

E - Maybe it's a standalone title, one of those cheap arcade games from the XBL Marketplace, 1 car and 1 track for a couple of quid.

I think the visuals on that Tesla are too low quality to be from an actual game (even for Assetto Corsa which is not the prettiest), it looks more as though it's a mobile game like Real Racing, again how that fits in with available on console beats me.

E - Maybe it's a standalone title, one of those cheap arcade games from the XBL Marketplace, 1 car and 1 track for a couple of quid.

That footage is definitely from AC though. Strange to show it off in a game if it's not coming to that game in some shape or form.

That footage is definitely from AC though. Strange to show it off in a game if it's not coming to that game in some shape or form.
I guess it's possible that they're planning to be added as DLC for a game like Forza 7 (on console and PC with some oddball car choices) once the series exists but they've knocked-up a quick mod as a placeholder for PR.

Edit: These people are involved with the mod somewhere along the lines, no idea who they are but they will have more news "soon".

I've checked their Tweeter, they seem to develop cars for iRacing. They say the MP4-30 is theirs. If this is true, then the Model S is for iRacing and the 'console' part is just a mess up from the Electric GT guys. I don't know anything about iRacing, so I'm very likely wrong.

I've checked their Tweeter, they seem to develop cars for iRacing. They say the MP4-30 is theirs. If this is true, then the Model S is for iRacing and the 'console' part is just a mess up from the Electric GT guys. I don't know anything about iRacing, so I'm very likely wrong.

But again, why would they be showcasing it in AC if it's coming to iRacing? I doubt Kunos would be too thrilled if someone was using their product to advertise an item for a competing product.

But again, why would they be showcasing it in AC if it's coming to iRacing? I doubt Kunos would be too thrilled if someone was using their product to advertise an item for a competing product.
Oh yeah, forgot that they showed a Kunos banner:dunce:

It could be that Stefano doesn't want to reveal anything yet, or that this is a payware mod.

Edit: I quoted you twice. Still new here!

I hope Kunos never wastes their time making this car.

You don't have any idea what an electric engine is capable of do you?

You realise an electric engine is without a doubt the better choice to put in a race car. It's far more efficient, if you use the right one (there are diffrent builds of electrical engines all with their own pro's and con's) you have virtually no loss of torque troughout your acceleration,...

BUT why are they not used in racing yet? Well the engine is far superior but when we don't have a propper supply to power that engine in a mobile system your engine suddenly is next to useless.

Luckily batterydevelopment is getting there and we are able to get a better energydensity in those new batteries (more energy for a lighter battery).

Once that problem is entirely solved and people in the racing world (like you, be it virtual) finally want to learn instead of sticking to their misconceptions because it doesn't sound like a V-whatever, well then I think the racing world could be in for a revolution.

Ow yeah I'm not ik tye real racing world so I have no idea about those peoples sentiment considering E-cars. I'm just gambling that pertolheads will be PETROLheads.

You don't have any idea what an electric engine is capable of do you?

You realise an electric engine is without a doubt the better choice to put in a race car. It's far more efficient, if you use the right one (there are diffrent builds of electrical engines all with their own pro's and con's) you have virtually no loss of torque troughout your acceleration,...

BUT why are they not used in racing yet? Well the engine is far superior but when we don't have a propper supply to power that engine in a mobile system your engine suddenly is next to useless.

Luckily batterydevelopment is getting there and we are able to get a better energydensity in those new batteries (more energy for a lighter battery).

Once that problem is entirely solved and people in the racing world (like you, be it virtual) finally want to learn instead of sticking to their misconceptions because it doesn't sound like a V-whatever, well then I think the racing world could be in for a revolution.

Ow yeah I'm not ik tye real racing world so I have no idea about those peoples sentiment considering E-cars. I'm just gambling that pertolheads will be PETROLheads.
I think the problem that most petrolheads have with electric cars is that they don't, I guess, 'feel' like a normal car, kind of like an automatic transmission doesn't feel like a manual, and many people dislike it because of that. I personally have only driven an automatic estate for half a kilometer, so for me electric cars are fine, and would love to try out a racing one in a realistic sim.

I think the problem that most petrolheads have with electric cars is that they don't, I guess, 'feel' like a normal car, kind of like an automatic transmission doesn't feel like a manual, and many people dislike it because of that. I personally have only driven an automatic estate for half a kilometer, so for me electric cars are fine, and would love to try out a racing one in a realistic sim.

Totally agree with your analisys on why they dislike it.
Sorry if I came off rude or arrogant :D I just have this urge, no more like I'm confused, angry, shocked by people making statements that from an engineering perspective are 'less intelligent'. But then again maybe @AnklaX can elaborate on why he'd dislike it and show me assumptions wrong. Maybe he just dislikes them for some reason and does realise the advantages of said car.

I love engineering and thus am very curious about the (inevitable) revolution to come.
Road cycling had a similar unfounded 'hate' for discbrakes they started using it and now only the whiners and dinosaurs dislike the use in the race. One day enough people are educated on a subject and the 'world' will slowly follow.

I think the problem that most petrolheads have with electric cars is that they don't, I guess, 'feel' like a normal car, kind of like an automatic transmission doesn't feel like a manual, and many people dislike it because of that.

My dad owns a Model S 90D and I've driven it a few times, all it takes is one stomp on the go pedal to forget about the transmission. It's an absolute riot to drive and even though it was 37 tons it still handles curves like a lightweight sportscar. I love my manual transmission more than I love my left testicle, but whenever I drive the Tesla it never even crosses my mind that I don't have my trusty stick-shift.

If you ever get to drive one, you'll forget about the lack of sound pretty quickly. :sly:

I firmly maintain that the only people against the Model S are those that haven't experienced one. 👍

I try not to think of it as a replacement for any ICE-equipped cars — it's a wholly different proposition. I like both!

I firmly maintain that the only people against the Model S are those that haven't experienced one. 👍

I try not to think of it as a replacement for any ICE-equipped cars — it's a wholly different proposition. I like both!

I fully agree, everything about it is a whole new experience. I've driven and owned some fast cars, but nothing comes close to the acceleration in the Tesla, it just makes you giggle endlessly. All the electronic doo-dads are pretty sweet too, there's an actual radar system and a display in the center of the dash shows your car and any cars around you in real-time. One of the coolest things, we were at the Motor Speedway last summer and it was quite hot. As we were leaving he pulled out his phone, loaded up the Tesla app, set the cabin temp to 72º, and by the time we got to the car about 10 minutes later it was nice and cool in there. Freaking sweet!

Latest Posts

Back