Is the NISSAN Skyline Super Silhouette 84 worth the buy?

Apparently you did not read all posts? As I did answer that question ...

One does not need to have driven a car to understand that it handles differently. 80's group 5 early turbo cars were known for their turbo lag, I used to go watch their races in the 80's and they were clearly a handful to control! Still, in video's you can see them power sliding and it is also clear that they do not suffer excessive understeer. Check z.B this video where a BMW 320 goes through the Goodwood-chicane.

Your conclusion was right, funny German friend, I did not drive the Skyline Silhouette :sly: ... As I wrote I did drive FWD VW most of my life, but not only. Nothing spectacular, a Porsche 914 and a Matra Murena as daily drivers/track day cars in my 20's, raced a Mini Cooper and a Nissan Silvia 240 RS group B, a Toyota Corolla KE20 for slalom, still own some VW aircooled kit cars, some rear and some mid-engined, and a Formula Vee.

You know, you don't need to flex that hard to validate yourself...

I like the look of early version better.
This one? :D
6FD6E860-C69F-4A6D-8557-E2ECA5CBDA49.png

Hmmm ...

Maybe I did something wrong with this car ... It's really simple to have it drift, if you don't setup diff to stop every agility in the car and don't run on soft race tires. It is quite funny ...

And I hope that PD didn't try to simulate late 70s tires for this car. Tire improvement ist very likely the most important difference between videos of the late 70s/early 80s and today.

Just to give you an idea - I am a let's say informed amateur compared to Professional test drivers lepping cars for magazines (they do it much more often than me) and I did some laps on NBRNS with a Porsche 928 GT recently - with modern sporty street tires. My lap time was about 15 Seconds faster as the recorded lap time of early 90s rallye racing magazine lap time of the same car. And I don't expect me, to be a better driver as the journalist back then. (And also track surface is likely to be improved of course ...)

So tires and tire model might be the reason for this difference.

That clearly depends on what your personal focus is.

The only thing PD needs to do is - giving all areas the same amount of awareness and of course races were everyone can get happy.

I personally think - 3 cars (even as free update) are not enough. It must be 5 per months, if not 7 or 8.

So mixing up for everyone - some fresh matter, some matter from the golden 80s and 90s of touring cars ... Some crazy stuff of the 70s/80s and so on ... something for everyone ...

For period accuracy this car would need to be driven on Sport Tires I reckon, maybe even CS'.
If they slap modern racing tires on the real car it'd probably stick to the ground like every other formula car on such tires does.
Good idea. I tried the sport tyres today after reading your post. SS give me the best feeling en also look most realistic in replays, but that's my personal opinion off course. Medium was also OK, SH feels like driving on ice.

For period accuracy this car would need to be driven on Sport Tires I reckon, maybe even CS'.
If they slap modern racing tires on the real car it'd probably stick to the ground like every other formula car on such tires does.
Yes probably.

There's a video on YT of the SSS being driven around Tsukuba on modern radials by Hasemi and he lauds the grip and performance, noting how superior the grip is with them.

Unfortunately, we don’t have the all wheels option from Gran Turismo 4. Such a shame.

Anyway, there’s no SSR brand and the only deep dish four lug wheels we have are from Work and RAYS(some wheels have fin spokes). American Racing have a deep dish wheel. We’re missing many street cred rims in this game.
we NEED these wheels! I don't know exactly what they are called but:
images (1).jpg

Latest Posts

Back