Is the NISSAN Skyline Super Silhouette 84 worth the buy?

Yes.
1659132627214.png

and YES.
20829414023685089.jpg

Love the rims on the sss.
Does anyone know if i can buy them or rims that look like them?
I really need them for my old Golf GTI or Mini.. or sambabus 🥰
Unfortunately, we don’t have the all wheels option from Gran Turismo 4. Such a shame.

Anyway, there’s no SSR brand and the only deep dish four lug wheels we have are from Work and RAYS(some wheels have fin spokes). American Racing have a deep dish wheel. We’re missing many street cred rims in this game.

Is the NISSAN Skyline Super Silhouette 84 worth the buy?
I'm disappointed in it.
Drives too easy, except for an annoying tendency for understeer, that even remains after setting most weight transfer to the rear axle.
impossible to induce power oversteer, you get severe power understeer.
I'd expected a huge turbo lag, but there is almost none.
Sound (turbo blow off valve) and visual effects (exhaust flames, as in the videos about this car) are poor compared to what Project Cars 2 managed to do on PS4.

Yes. It's an absolute dirtbag in the corners. Looks amazing too.

Straight into my top 5 favourite cars.
Sunzi if you want to drive vintage cars that are on rails, go play steam train simulator.
Can't believe this is a realistic simulation of the car. Maybe good to win races if that's the only aim, but in that case there are enough science fiction VGT car already for use.

Sunzi if you want to drive vintage cars that are on rails, go play steam train simulator.
Can't believe this is a realistic simulation of the car. Maybe good to win races if that's the only aim, but in that case there are enough science fiction VGT car already for use.
You're jumping to conclusions.

I like the car - that isn't a crime.

But no where have I spoken about a desire to drive vintage cars on rails.

Concluding that it's on rails, well it's not something I asked for, it's just the way PD delivered to us.

It handles brilliantly, whether that's to your preference or not doesn't mean that it's wrong for me to state the obvious I.e that it's a cornering machine.

You basically poo'd me for stating the obvious and that I liked that it handled well (like any other car that handles well).

Strange.

Concluding that it's on rails, well it's not something I asked for, it's just the way PD delivered to us.
That's right, they delivered a poor simulation. Probably to make the joystick drivers happy. Should not call it the real driving simulator then.
It handles brilliantly, whether that's to your preference or not doesn't mean that it's wrong for me to state the obvious I.e that it's a cornering machine.
Over-easy is not brilliant. It's killing the concept of GT, i.e. allowing people to race cars from different era's against each other, with respect for each cars correct specs.

Like it is today, many cars seem to be launched in a hurry, with plenty of errors. As if PD works without any quality control... So some criticism is needed. The situation is comparable to PD giving you a car like this one,

iY3DeJE.jpg

with monstrously good cornering physics, and winning all races which you know it could not in real life, and you shouting hip hip hoooraa, this car is great ... It means you do not mind GT is not a simulator.

But OK, everybody is free to think what he wants. :) Enjoy the game!

What other cars don't you like because they drive well out of the gate? I need that list.

What other cars don't you like because they drive well out of the gate? I need that list.
I guess the question is sarcastic ;) , but here's a quick answer:

• The '29 Mercedes Barker Tourer is too fast compared to reality imo: on the same type of tyres as a '89 Miata it turns a comparable time in Autopolis e.g.
  • the VW Polo is easier to turn in a corner then most FR cars, it oversteers severly under trail braking. I'm driving FWD VW's all my life (admittingly not with disabled ABS like you can in the game), and they do not handle like that.
  • Other FWD vehicles have a too perfect brake balance out of the box, corner easier and better then MR cars in GT7, and almost have no wheel spin under power. The 2020 Civic is such a car, lapping faster in Barcelona than the 2002 Viper and almost as fast as a GT-R (admittingly there is some time between my time trials so I should do a direct comparison as verification ASAP)

These are the ones I recall for now.

I've been mostly avoiding modern (and "neo-classic") race cars in GT7 as they seem to have all a built-in TCS and "safe" understeer since update 1.14 (and so does the Skyline Gr 5).

That's right, they delivered a poor simulation. Probably to make the joystick drivers happy. Should not call it the real driving simulator then.

Over-easy is not brilliant. It's killing the concept of GT, i.e. allowing people to race cars from different era's against each other, with respect for each cars correct specs.

Like it is today, many cars seem to be launched in a hurry, with plenty of errors. As if PD works without any quality control... So some criticism is needed. The situation is comparable to PD giving you a car like this one,

View attachment 1178602

with monstrously good cornering physics, and winning all races which you know it could not in real life, and you shouting hip hip hoooraa, this car is great ... It means you do not mind GT is not a simulator.

But OK, everybody is free to think what he wants. :) Enjoy the game!
Neither of us have driven the SSS. You don't know how it handles for toffee. Neither do I, but I haven't claimed to either. I stated what is virtually a fact. The car handles brilliantly.

Next time I take the F1 GTR out for a spin or the Mach 40 I'll be sure to shout hoorah at how poorly PD's attempts were at recreating these trickier cars to drive.

You don't know how the SSS drove, so you can't say no more than I can (and I didn't BTW) that it is or isn't an attempt to faithfully recreate it.

All said and done though. It handles brilliantly, easy, or whatever you'd like to say but that's the truth. I actually posted early after the DLC drop that I didn't think it was particularly great compared to the other Gr.3s (in terms of pace) .. it handles beautifully though.

I'm enjoying my game, you should try enjoying yours.

Last edited:
It drives easy and looks great, but compared to other Gr.3 cars, I don't find it particularly fast. I dropped a high rpm turbo in it, just like I do for all Gr.3 I take to Sardegna. On normal I only won by 10-11 secs. I'm not the fastest driver by any means, but any random Gr. 3 usually does better than that for me.

Short answer is probably "Yes!" :lol:
Apparently you did not read all posts? As I did answer that question ...

But he's been driving FWD Volkswagens for his whole life, he must know it's wrong! :dunce:
One does not need to have driven a car to understand that it handles differently. 80's group 5 early turbo cars were known for their turbo lag, I used to go watch their races in the 80's and they were clearly a handful to control! Still, in video's you can see them power sliding and it is also clear that they do not suffer excessive understeer. Check z.B this video where a BMW 320 goes through the Goodwood-chicane.

Your conclusion was right, funny German friend, I did not drive the Skyline Silhouette :sly: ... As I wrote I did drive FWD VW most of my life, but not only. Nothing spectacular, a Porsche 914 and a Matra Murena as daily drivers/track day cars in my 20's, raced a Mini Cooper and a Nissan Silvia 240 RS group B, a Toyota Corolla KE20 for slalom, still own some VW aircooled kit cars, some rear and some mid-engined, and a Formula Vee.

Last edited:
Back