Is the SRT Tomahawk X seasonal the next Mission 34?

I put it in 7th and had an average speed of 190mph. I didn't floor it until I came out of the Karousel and on the strait. It topped out at 425mph.

i beat gold by almost 25 seconds with a DS3 , you just gotta remain calm while driving it , it's very easy.
...you and I have different ideas of "easy," my friend. :P

I'm sure I can Gold the event... if I can just keep the 🤬 car on the track.

Right now, my strategy is to point the car at the next corner, accelerate towards it, then brake before turning. It's my observation that if you *look* at a corner in this car and give it throttle, you're practically teleported there.

And I thought the Red Bull fan cars were mental...

I cruised around the whole place below 130mph hoping for the typical VGT award for finishing. Nope, after an hour of trying to finish the track slowly I finally finished and got no car. I was mad, but already had Cr. 1,000,000 and bought it myself.

I took the easy way out. I didn't even click on the X Event, just bought the other Tomahawks from the dealer and scrammed away to play with them, didn't even bother with those laps.

A few days of hearing that everybody is exhausted or dead will give me courage to quietly sneak in and investigate the cause of all this chaos.
Until then I have the other Tommies to tool around wherever I wish - MG - awesome cars. One day, one day . . . but I'll be gone before these are a reality.

Maybe tomorrow I'll axe myself about the Ring and wooooooooooooooooooooooo.............. try this new 'bird' out.
Obviously a Gold isn't too difficult from the sound of it if I kept an eye on the clock and was patient, but apparently this car calls out the crazy in the psyche. And that's when the trouble begins.

As for whether it's more difficult than Mission 34 - right now I'll say - no; Mission 34 is harder.
And that's just from reading about the comments in the X-Nord Thread.
Mission 34 was the ultimate trolling from PD.
That was reserved for aliens.

I did the mission 34 in one go back in the day - mostly because I knew the track very well and had ignored trying the missions for a few months - the hardest bit was the 2 minute wait to start going. Literally chomping at the bit. The car was predictable but the target time required you to go to the limit of what the car can do.

The Axemurderer who set a 3 minute lap time for a 5 minute gold target... so Gold is actually... 150+% of a perfect lap...
In a way it sounds like one of the easiest tests.

The hard bit is the driver finding out what the car can do as it handles like a laydee. Changing its mind over what it can do every hundred yards or so. Losing interest in straight lines, wandering about . Then sometimes it gets a sulk on and turns in so fast you wonder if there is a shoe sale on the apex.

I think Track time is the key to both events. If you didn't know the Ring, Mission 34 was very hard. If you don't attempt to give the TomahawkX a few miles you can't expect to get the most out of it. And the car requires you to relearn the ring. which corners are easy flat, which corners you have to baby the car through.

Biggest regret is getting the Black/green one as a prize... the Orange Crush one would be perfect with some dark green paint.

I recommend you to use traction control at 1. Much easier. I got gold by about 20+ seconds by taking it easy and not taking many risks.
I felt like i was driving some sort of arcade game of the past because of the insane acceleration and insane braking power that felt like an old F1 arcade game. Lol

Gold is easy to get you don't even have to go full throttle everywhere only on a couple straights. On corners while being slow you're at 150 km/h average, so the lap can be easily done well under 5:00.

If you have a ds3 you may be in trouble but if you have a wheel just accelerate the car a little slower. Keep the gas pedal no more than half way pressed and you will most likely be able to do it in under 5 minutes. I was 2 seconds short the first time i did it so next lap i just want a little faster on a couple straights and corners and got there at 4 mins and 50 seconds the second time.

P.S. - You should probably make sure you have as little distractions, around you as possible.

I did not even bother with it. No doubt the car is fast enough to easily turn the time required but driving it and staying on track would take some practice in it. My first go in it it hit the railing as soon as I got control. Second try I made it around the first two corners and the lost the rear in the next one. Maybe it is because I have been playing project cars but it just seemed strange driving that car so I called it quits and just ended up buying it. Was only 1 Mil and I had 33mil on hand so..

I did drive the basic one on Willow the 1 lap, slow and steady just to get a clean lap and did not bother driving the GT version.

Is this event the next mission 34?

In a difficulty sense, yes.

In a direct comparison to GT4, it isn't for one very good reason.

I can go back to GT4 and do that mission 34 again as long as the game works. :sly:

This event will be gone in a few weeks. ;)

This one was harder (for me, of course). I got all sorts of pains, cramps, sweaty hands... its physically demanding. But mainly, it completely forces you to do things you are not prepared to do in a car. I mean, you have to learn how to drive all over again. Its too crazy, as it is awesome. Still, ff you manage to sprint for a minute or two, you can cruise for the rest of the lap, real safe, with room for mistakes, and still get gold by -30sec, which is what i did.

Do you know which challenge made me feel exactly like i did in Mission 34? The S-5 Mission (GT40 Mk1 @ the same ring). S-5 has an added challenge - you can't touch the GT ahead of you, and he might get you out of the race when behind you. I honestly thought that it was just as hard as M-34.

In my experience, this is my current rank (for gold times):

1 - Seasonal SRT X (GT6)
2 - Senna's 97T @ Brands Hatch (GT6, final challenge)
3 tied - Mission 34 (GT4) and Mission S-5 (GT6)
4 - Vettel's Red Bull (GT5, final challenge)
5 tied - Test IA-15 (GT4, 190E @ the ring) and IC-10 (GT5, 512BB @ Rome)

:cheers:

Last edited:
Here's a tip for anyone having trouble with this seasonal: Turn the controller steering sensitivity down to -2 and set the ABS to 1. That'll make the car much more manageable and pleasant, though still hard.

I took one look at that seasonal and decided I want to hold onto my sanity, so I headed straight to the dealership and bought one (two actually by now). Now that I've had some practice in it I'm less confident about the seasonal than I was before, but I might take a crack at it.

Which one was mission 34?

I lost it at the first turn. Then when I re tried it I managed about 3 or 4 corners and lost it again! I ended up just buying it (in the carbon prototype colour) and had a go on HSR.

automatic, TCS on 10, ASM and ABS on 10 and i got 5 seconds in front of the bronze time... just gotta wrestle it, be calm but hold the wheel tight and be ready to react.

First VGT I've bought. After numerous attempts but spearing sideways or clipping grass and losing runs I cruised around got to the last straight, opened it up saw 5mins 50 thought, dam not going to get it (or similar) floored through the kink lost it red across in 6.21 gave up and went to dealership. Know it's possible but just to hair triggered to enjoy the run.

I'm pretty sure this is not harder than the last Ayrton Senna Event at Brand Hatch 80's, let alone Mission 34 from GT4.
Also i will just leave this here:
For those who have problems with completing a lap around the Nurburgring in the Tomahawk X, i got 5:08.030 on my second ever try with a DS3 controller!

First try, i pushed myself really hard and immediately crashed between Hatzenbach and Hocheichen. The Second Try, i just didn't push hard but just drove carefully and i did slow down a lot (and more than i should). So i did a "smooth"-ish lap without pushing myself hard and got 5:08.030 which means i got sliver.

EDIT: i forgot to say that i used TC:1

Nope... I did it with a dualshock and no driving aids at all, only ABS at 1 and i managed a lap of 4:32.1
That time was in my third try..

Back