Is the SRT Tomahawk X seasonal the next Mission 34?

Nowhere near as challenging as Mission 34.

I ran flat out to the Karussel in the X, pretty much just cruised the back half of the track, never used the DRS function, made multiple mistakes, missed loads of apex's and still beat the gold time by well over a minute on my 1st completed lap.

If you made one significant mistake on Mission 34 you had little chance of beating it. No comparison.

The X is nowhere near as difficult as the Vettel Challenges in GT5 either.

To be an equal challenge to M34 or the Vettel events, the gold time would need to be well under 4 minutes.

Although it took me countless attempts to get gold with the Tomahawk X, I can't lie, it's not truly as hard as Mission 34 was. If GT6 didn't say my lap was invalidated every little time I slipped in the grass I would've ran a 4:48 my 10th time round.

but I still have YET to beat that damn mission! Lord knows, I tried :(

I just held it in 7th gear and kept my finger onto the nitrous button so that the nervous active aero would disable. I cruised around the ring, got a bronze medal and the car and just called it a day.

Actually neither Mission 34 nor the last Senna Event were impossible. Actually I don't find them hard at all.
I have 100% in every GT Series I own. (But GT6 still shows 99% eventhough I have golded EVERYTHING)

But I think managing a low 4 Minute time with the Tomahawk is for me quiet impossible with a controller. This car is so unpredictable with the stick. Somtimes it turns in late and sometimes it's too sensitive.
I finally managed to get gold but only with my Wheel. With the Controller I couldn't get more than silver.

Mission 34 wouldn't have been so bad if it didn't make you wait 2 minutes every time you want to retry.

I would go insane if I had to wait 2 minutes everytime I drive off the track in the Tomahawk X seasonal event. :D

Mission 34 was so hard because the car handling was awful and the physics were quite primitive and annoying. I tried it not long ago after many years, and god its annoying. You just cant control the car the way you want, and you can't quite do what you would be able to do in GT6. To start with, the joystick in PS2 feels quite heavy and unprecise. That makes it a lot worse.
Also yeah, the 2 minute wait after each retry... sooooo annoying aswell.

It's funny how different perceptions seem to be. I don't remember finding Mission 34 that difficult at all. I recall a run with getting a rear wheel on the grass, doing a 360, and beating it.

On the other hand, I never managed to bring up the power to try and beat 2 of the gold times for the Vettel Challenge in GT5. I did manage to get the gold for the Tomahawk, but in my opinion both the Vettel and the Tomahawk have nothing to do with driving at all. It's just trying to stay on track somewhere towards the middle, because tiny movements of the wheel will launch you into a barrier. Of course the theoretical best is far below the gold time, because if you manage to string together 73 perfect reactions, you can go through every corner at almost twice the speed. If the likelihood of doing that for you is somewhere in the area of 10% though, it's rather unlikely to ever happen though.

Or maybe I'm just too old for it.

One positive outcome of struggling with the Tomahawk X last night is that now the Red Bull X2014 cars seem like children's toys. I had forgotten that the Red Bull challenges were still pending, so I completed them today. The first race at Silverstone on a X2014 Standard made me laugh because the car is screaming it's lungs out yet it was hardly moving. :)

As crazy as it sounds, I'll going back to the Nordschleife TT. :scared:

This seasonal is much more difficult than mission 34, though M34 was a beast don't get me wrong. They're both devilish in their own ways.

I was only 11 and that was the least I liked cars ever. (Star Wars maniac). lol. The one I thought was the hardest at the time though was the Mercedes DTM car from '92 at the ring. I always crashed in the same corner!!! (The fast left handed bump leading into Adenauer forest)

IMHO... the only mission suitable for this "vehicle" is something similar to the MISSION 23 from GT4 ..

IR

I will just insert this quote...

My best lap is 4:45.826 and I'm currently 5,036th.... Is it so much hard that almost no one from my friend list made a single lap? and I got just over 5000 top ranking?

Is it hard as GT4 mission 34? Definitely not, hell even Redbull challenge from GT5 is harder than this one.

I can't reach the SL65 in Mission 34. I just had to finish the lap to beat the Tomahawk challenge.

Just had to baby the car, brake before the corner, and coast through the corners.

Back