Is the UCD your friend or enemy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hilley69
  • 74 comments
  • 6,166 views
Messages
35
Messages
hilley69
ok guys heres the scenario. I now have 828 different cars, and over the last two weeks i decided to save up to buy the F1 2007 or F1 2010. Problem is everytime, i get up to $3M to $6M the UCD comes out with a batch of rare cars i dont have. Since i dont have those cars i buy them naturally to fill my collection. Now im broke again, lol. This pattern has repeated several times now, i think the UCD knows when i get a lot of money AND THEN dumps these cars on me i need. i think the machine is smart and trying to keep me broke :grumpy:. anyone else have similar problems.
 
I have a different problem , i keep buying mclaren f1s , and f40s ...i can't help it . :ouch:
 
I don't have that problem since I'm all done with the UCD. :)
 
Actually, I think that's a good thing. Having so many cars it'd be bad if all it kept offering you were cars you already owned or cars you couldn't afford. Sounds like it's smart and helping you get the entire collection.

To make it "smarter" we should be able to tell the UCD salesman what we're looking for or tag a car in the UCD for later purchase.
 
Bit of both here.. lol.. I also love and hate it!
 
Friend most of the time, as I seem to be lucky and get the rarer cars often.
 
Friend most of the time, as I seem to be lucky and get the rarer cars often.

Lucky or is it smart enough to offer it to you at the right time? Just a thought. I only go to it if there's a car I have to have to level, like the FTG or a 79' or earlier Japanese race car.
 
i would say the UCD is my friend, but when it turned up with the formula gran turismo and i was 200k short, it was my worst enemy! waiting for that to come back through again was a killer!

I too am trying, in vain it has to be said, to save up for the ferrari f1 cars. I am not going to try and collect all cars as i would never get round to using all of them. I just keep an eye out for interesting cars, like the Bentley Group C car, DTM and other race cars that i might actually use.
 
i would say the UCD is my friend, but when it turned up with the formula gran turismo and i was 200k short, it was my worst enemy! waiting for that to come back through again was a killer!

The Formula Gran Turismo is always in the online dealership.
 
From the instant I discovered it, I knew it was a terrible idea.
 
yeah i have the same problem sometimes, but for me the BIGGEST PROBLEM is: RACING SOFT TIRES!!!!!, i know a mitsu gto stock doesnt need them, but comn, i can use it online, everybody use RS TIRES! $36.000 doesnt look that expensive, but when you have 100+ cars ??, now i understand real life racing teams!!!
 
The only thing that made the UCD a problem was the fact that we needed an FGT and a truck for some races. Now that the OCD is out, it's all fixed. All the cars you absolutely NEED are available at all times

Many people seem to be frustrated by it, but I think it's a fun system.
 
i am trying to collect all the cars. i ahve got 864 so far.i always check the UCD after ever race and buy any i have not got, if i have enough money that is.

A quick thought for the F1 ferraris you could try trading for a level 24 ticket. that only has 3 cars on it. ferrari f1 and the FGT.

:)
 
I generally like the UCD. However, it can be a pain if you're looking for one particular car. I haven't seen the Sauber since the first week I had the game (when I obviously didn't have the funds) and have been looking for it for a while now.
 
my problem was i buy every skyline

after i stopped doing it another problem came which is your problem
the only solution is to buy all cars are rare until you cant find any rare cars
good luck ^_^
 
I always make sure I have enough money for anything that may pop-up, so I just say:

Thank you, UCD!

There are so many great cars there, and I cannot see why it should be my enemy. I just wish it had been possible to not sit and cycle through it, but that's just the way it is.
 
I really hate the UCD it shows me a 5Mill car when Ive only just got back to 3Mill to spend, Im sure its not supposed to put up cars you can't own with in 5 race wins unless it expects you to get 2Mill from Remote racing friends.
89u8759.jpg

Been waiting for this car to show again it only shows up when I have no credits twice the car dealerships have done that.
 
I have another system for collecting cars: at the moment, I'm focusing on Premiums, buying only from the dealership (aside from the prize cars in the remaining endurance races, which I'll get done once the in-race saves are implemented). Once I've done that, I'll save up to 20m credits again, and start buying whatever comes up in the UCD and OCD that I don't already have. I'll then top up on credits whenever I run out of cars to buy or credits as I go.
 
A friend when I'm not expecting it.

An enemy when I'm hoping for things :)
 
I've been trying to find the stupid Saleen S7. I've seen it 2x and both times I did not have enough credits. So yeah, I've been cursing the UCD. I had around 250 cars, and last night I got the dreaded File corrupted message. I have not been backing up my saves, so now I have to start all over. I've learned my lesson for sure!
 
Friend 👍 or Foe 👎? Neither, just an adiction :scared:
 
I've been trying to find the stupid Saleen S7. I've seen it 2x and both times I did not have enough credits. So yeah, I've been cursing the UCD. I had around 250 cars, and last night I got the dreaded File corrupted message. I have not been backing up my saves, so now I have to start all over. I've learned my lesson for sure!

Ouch. Sorry.
 
Very rarely a friend in need, but often loves to mess with you.

The cars that are in there when you are just starting out with no $$$ are a gut punch.
 
i would love to trade for a lvl 24 ticket, problem is 'im deployed here in Iraq til june and dont have internet access for my PS3, works for my computer though, go figure. so i have work my way up the slow for goodies. maybee one day i'll run the UCD out of cars i need, and then have the cash for my F1 2007/2010.
 
It's not that the UCD is a friend nor enemy. It's PolyPHONY's dumbasses that the put that 1,000,000 cr. limit on gifting/trading cars....So what if a few people got scammed or made a dumb purchase, that's their faults. If we never had that limit, they'd probably have every single in-game car by now anyway.
 
A bit of both lately, because while I still haven't seen the XR8 Falcon V8 supercar, it did give up the Team Oreca Viper #51, R390 Road Car and a Impreza Super Touring car.
 
Enemy, cause I know I can eventually get all the cars with 0 miles if I'm patient enough. But sometimes I can't resist buying them.
 
I have another system for collecting cars: at the moment, I'm focusing on Premiums, buying only from the dealership (aside from the prize cars in the remaining endurance races, which I'll get done once the in-race saves are implemented). Once I've done that, I'll save up to 20m credits again, and start buying whatever comes up in the UCD and OCD that I don't already have. I'll then top up on credits whenever I run out of cars to buy or credits as I go.

That' a good idea!
 
It's evil, what do you expect?
It knows your every move
When your asleep, it's there
When your dreaming, it's there
When your driving, it's there
When your playing GT5, it's there!

All jokes aside, just don't check up on the UCD.
 
Definitely my enemy as I look for different colors for the non-paintable cars
 
Back