Is the UCD your friend or enemy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hilley69
  • 74 comments
  • 6,166 views
I hate the UCD because when i don't have money it offers me good cars and then when im close to getting the money or just got the money it is gone : ( stupid UCD. They should put the car longer :(
 
I'm a big fan of the UCD. Is exciting to keep popping back to see if there's anything decent that has come up.
 
I love it, its just like christmas :D
You never know what you'll find in there.
But, I'm still looking for that bloody Toyota GT-One Race Car!
So I'm hating it for now!:grumpy:
 
Hate it, just wish all cars were available at all times for purchase.

Always try to keep around $4m in the account for the sole purpose of buying the Pescarolo C60 hybride, it had been weeks and still no C60 so I spent up a bit on a couple of other rare cars I wanted (Oreca Viper's, Team playstation Audi R8 LMS etc) and didnt have much change left over but wouldnt you know that the very next UCD refresh brought up the C60!!!!! that was about 3 weeks ago now and I still havent seen it even though i have played nearly everyday for atleast 2-3 hours, so tilting!!!!!
 
A friend I see less of now that I've have had all they can offer.
 
More like an enemy. I have tried many times to buy a BMW McLaren F1 GTR, but I have always failed, because some other cool car pops out before it, and I can't resist buying it.
 
I would definitely think enemy, since I always grind to make a lot of money for the FGT, then all the other race cars I was targeting end up showing up in the UCD (Super GT cars and such)
 
I think that it's a friend...because is there where I get 80% of GT's cars:D
 
I love the UCD! Anything that has the unpredictability of it yet keeps me checking it every few races! It makes me permantently skint but i know one day i will beat it and get every car i want!
 
The only annoying thing is I have to check it every 5 races / tests. I'm going to collect all the standards, first, and you know, every car lost is lost for weeks (months)
 
Big enemy. It keeps updating whilst I'm racing and tempting me with offers of cars I can't say no to when I'm trying to save up for a car I've targeted.
 
i have the opposite problem... it seems the UCD never gives me any cars i want =(
 
Bit of both. I waited 990 GT5 days for a Ford Falcon XR8. I bought one then just a few days later it comes up again. I currently have two Bugatti Veyron's both in the same grey colour not in a blue and beige that I really want. I never have seen the sauber c9 but always a Nissan C class car. Once I had both the Jaguar XJR9 and Audi R8 '01 race car. Two cars I desperately wanted but could only afford one.
 
I'm going to collect all the standards, first, and you know, every car lost is lost for weeks (months)

Thats what Ive been doing, UCD cars are there for a 5 races, premium cars are always available.
 
My ucd is completely opposite. Ive been on 20 mil now because nothing interesting will pop up.
 
I hate it because the cars I want only show up when I don't have the credits to buy them.
 
The only annoying thing is I have to check it every 5 races / tests. I'm going to collect all the standards, first, and you know, every car lost is lost for weeks (months)

👍 ∞
This...

(I felt that the Premium models could be purchased anytime, and the quest for all the cars in the game would be a little faster if I tackled that random element first...)

At least I'm at the point where there's only one Standard car (that isn't a known prize) that's left for me to buy, and if I can hold out for less than 100 days - and the PSN is working by then - I'll get a Birthday Ticket that will get it for me. It's the:

Chaparral 2J Race Car '70
(The Oh-So-Lovable "Refrigerator With Wheels"!)

As such, for me it's neither.

Peace...
 
It's pretty friendly to me, after I got my 5 Caterhams, all sorts of rare stuff in the low price range (Being at a million or cheaper) started to pop up like the BP Falken RX-7 or the Ford XR8, it's my friend all and all.
 
Tired Tyres said it best with:

Big enemy. It keeps updating whilst I'm racing and tempting me with offers of cars I can't say no to when I'm trying to save up for a car I've targeted.

Amen brother.
im now up to 848 cars and it still keeps tempting me with cars i dont have in my collection still. 'sigh' one day i'll save up for a ferrari fomula car.
 
Usually my enemy, my dream GT5 standard car, the Viper GTS-R Team Oreca has showed up 3 times, but everytime, I'm almost broke and can't get it :mad:
 
I've put together a UCD search from TornadoAlley's spreadsheet online at http://gt5cars.heroku.com/used_car_searches/new With it, you can get the jump on the UCD, and know when the cars you want are coming up. The catch (there's always a catch) is that the database isn't complete, but if you're in a spot that's been cataloged it's very handy.

I used it to get the jump on a C5-R, which I really wanted, in time to save up the credits for it.

The site can also give you an approximation of how rare each car is in the UCD, so you know if you should buy now, or wait til later.

e.
 
It is my enemy always has the good cars when i don't have the money then when i do have the cash it always show the crappy cars then i go and spend the cash i have saved and behold all the decent cars show there face again does ma head in :(
 
Both... It will deny me a car for ages... but I know it will eventually give it to me :) Just like the FTO STC in green I've been looking for since GT3 (7 years looking for it people :crazy:)... I think the UCD gods said "enough! :ouch:, let's give this guy his car :mad:... "

:sly:
 
I haven't been looking at my UCD lately because I'm done buying cars, but I took a look in there today and what did I see? A Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept '01 (have one already), Nissan R89C Race Car '89 (have one already), Formula Gran Turismo (have one already), a Team ORECA Viper race car (don't have one, can't afford it, don't care for it) and an Amuse S2000 R1 (don't care for it). It's funny how I see so many nice things only when I'm not looking for them.
 
USD, alot of good cars there! Love it. And I think Im quite lucky, since I got everything I need from there.

at least what I know I need, somethimes I get surprise :)
 
I keep bashing the UCD by cycling 4 license tests. I'm waiting for any group C car bar the Minolta. I really should get a life.
 
my enemy! i hate it! ive been waiting for an aston martin v8 vantage for a few months now and i havnt found it :( its thrown up both the db9 and the vanquish but no vantage! and it makes me buy cars that i never even use! damn you ucd! BLAAH!
 
my enemy! i hate it! ive been waiting for an aston martin v8 vantage for a few months now and i havnt found it :( its thrown up both the db9 and the vanquish but no vantage! and it makes me buy cars that i never even use! damn you ucd! BLAAH!

Oh yeah I saw a few of those recently too, and I believe a brown one is in mine right now. Its performance sucks (mega understeer) but it is still a great car to have.
 
FishHunters
To make it "smarter" we should be able to tell the UCD salesman what we're looking for or tag a car in the UCD for later purchase.

Good idea lol, PD should take note! :P
 
Back