Is there a way to choose cars during online session?

• Thread starter Melony
  • 25 comments
Germany
Germany
Or do you really have restart the lobby every time you want to choose a car?

I think it's really annyoing, me and my friends just want to try the cars and have to exit the session and make a new one.

No you don;t have to restart the session. The host can change the cars that are allowed at any time and the user can switch to any of the allowed cars at any time. My brother and I went through a bunch of cars while in the same lobby starting with road cars, then Touring, GT, Formula A, B, C LMP and so on

No you don;t have to restart the session. The host can change the cars that are allowed at any time and the user can switch to any of the allowed cars at any time. My brother and I went through a bunch of cars while in the same lobby starting with road cars, then Touring, GT, Formula A, B, C LMP and so on

Ok, how do you do it. First of all I make a lobby, then we choose a car, start the game, but from there I cant do anything anymore. I want to choose ingame the cars, maybe in the box. If I leave the game, I get back to the menu, not the lobby, from there I have to make a new one again.

When the race is over just wait. When the timer counts down you will be sent back to the lobby.
When in the lobby just click the car display and select the car you want. There will be a few listed there that are in the current class so you can pick any of those without changing the class. You can pick one of the cars from another class if you wish but that will change the class and force the other users to drive a car from that class.

Only the host can change the class and if you have it set to where everyone drives identical cars then whatever the host picks is what everyone will drive

When the race is over just wait. When the timer counts down you will be sent back to the lobby.
When in the lobby just click the car display and select the car you want. There will be a few listed there that are in the current class so you can pick any of those without changing the class. You can pick one of the cars from another class if you wish but that will change the class and force the other users to drive a car from that class.

Only the host can change the class and if you have it set to where everyone drives identical cars then whatever the host picks is what everyone will drive

it think you dont get what I mean.
I set practice mode to 90min, and then just fool around with my friends, I dont race or anything, we just try out each car, and switch it up every 5min.
But every 5mins when I want to switch a car, its not possible. I have to quit completely and make a new session.

Thats a bad design, and I hope it gets fixed. Otherwise great game.

Well you did not mention that part and since I would never do that I can't say but it would be simple to set it up for a 5min session and then switch cars or simply set it for a short race and change cars in between.

If you are in just practice there possibly may be a way to switch cars but can't say since practice generally is only done before a race the game may lock you into the car you are using until you complete the actual race that would follow.

Just remember this is a "Racing" game.

But every 5 mins when I want to switch a car, its not possible. I have to quit completely and make a new session.

That's a bad design, and I hope it gets fixed. Otherwise great game.

I don't think you understand how a game loads its cars. It has to load the cars up for each individual user, with so many cars in game, it would take a massive amount of memory, so the game doesn't load the car until it has, ie, when a player comes into the lobby. Currently, when the host leaves the lobby, the lobby goes down with it (it doesn't migrate, like it should do). But the rest of the players can exit the lobby, rejoin and choose their car. This is currently the only way you can change cars when you choose. It isn't bad game design, it's a limitation of the consoles they have programmed for.

Ok guys thanks.
@roadhog, well of course it is a racing game. But in the beginning I just wanted to try out all the cars with my friends, nothing wrong with that.

@Silva that makes sense, the loading times are insanly fast because of that.
Still an option for maybe select 5 favourite cars or something would be great.

Ok guys thanks.
@roadhog, well of course it is a racing game. But in the beginning I just wanted to try out all the cars with my friends, nothing wrong with that.

@Silva that makes sense, the loading times are insanly fast because of that.
Still an option for maybe select 5 favourite cars or something would be great.
Host has to click on change vehicle then press Triangle/Y to go to my garage then pick from there. Depending on what the host picks will determine the class for everyone.

its so simple, when choosing car n class, just dont click same for all, and most important, dont pick a class, pick all, then you can change cars as much as you want, as can anyone else in the lobby, no need to reload, nothing broken, no design faults,....just a swathe of options that console gamers have not been used to, easy to get lost n blame design, or developer,... hope this helps :)

So some guys say its possible some guys say its not.

Im confused.

So you tell me that when Im already INGAME DRIVING, I can CHANGE cars. That's what I want.
I want to be in the game already playing, not in the lobby and then change to another car.

And this is not possible. Also it's not possible to go back to lobby, I have to leave and I get back to the menu.

'this is not possible'

Strange that me and some friends were doing it for hours last night online, all different cars, different classes, change cars n tracks when we like, and all without leaving the game once,...and btw, i got what you meant the first time, no need for capitals to highlight attitude ;)

'this is not possible'

Strange that me and some friends were doing it for hours last night online, all different cars, different classes, change cars n tracks when we like, and all without leaving the game once,...and btw, i got what you meant the first time, no need for capitals to highlight attitude ;)

Sry man Im just so confused and at the same time mad, because I cant manage it to get it work.

Can you explain me step by step what I have to do?^^

I'm at work right now, without the game in front of me I can't be exact, but read the post I made earlier in this thread, I think that gets quite close, if not fully.

I've done it too, it's just another example of a poor and confusing UI.

When you create your lobby select class as any, think this is under restriction.

All you do then is go to vehicle select and you should have the full car count, if not press triangle to load up the garage then select car.

Sorry I'm not on PSN at tho mo but that should be it.

I did already, I have full access to all cars, but thats not what I want.
Tell me pls, when I started the lobby, Im ingame, driving on the track, how do I switch the cars from there.
I cant do it in the pitbox, where then?

Ah ok sorry, so basically you mean like in free run?

I guess as long as your still in warm up can you not go back to the lobby?

What I dont get it that you say it's possible

'this is not possible'

Either you are making things up or you are not getting what I mean.
You say "all without leaving the game once", so you mean that you actually choose cars and tracks while still in the game driving around, without going back to the lobby or make a new one?!

Am I missing something?

I think you are missing something, and its that 'something' that has left me with no interest with regards to 'your' problem.

(ps, figuring out what that 'something' is will do wonders for you)

I think you are missing something, and its that 'something' that has left me with no interest with regards to 'your' problem.

(ps, figuring out what that 'something' is will do wonders for you)

You dont have any solution, the things you try to explain have nothing to do with my problem.

The guys on WMD forums also say its not possible btw ;)

Then I'll leave you with your problem, I'll just carry on without one.

Good day :)

have fun, and keep the spreeding your lies.

Trolls gonna troll

Thanks for answers guys, exept for one person everyone on 3 different forums said it's sadly not possible.
So I guess we just have to live with it.

No you can not change cars while you are on the track.

You can change cars while in the lobby.

On GT6 you can not change cars while on the track, nor can you do it in Forza nor any other game I have ever saw. No idea why you would expect to be able to do that.

I have not set up practice sessions so I do not know how the game handles you getting back to the lobby from there. What I have been doing is setting up short races. We select a car, enter the race, complete the race and return to the lobby, pick another car and/or track and repeat. My brother and I were doing this most of the day yesterday, no problems at all.

I am also not sure what someone else was saying about the lobby not passing to other users as it was when we were playing. I left once and control passed to my brother then I was able to rejoin and he had control at that point where as I had control before leaving. Works pretty much the way I would expect it to.

Note : using PC version

Back