Is there anyway to make this game not feel awful on a wheel?

• Thread starter Nexxus88
  • 24 comments
Canada
Canada
I got the game at launch and found it just dreadful. barely touched it.

Recently just updated my TV and I heard some people going on about how much better FFB was a lil while back, decided to give it a go with some settings I found on the Fanatec Forum (im on a clubsport wheelbase v2) and it is still nothing short of dreadful.

Is that just how things are gonna be? Or is there anything I can do to make the game feel vaguely acceptable.

im on PC for what its worth.

I got the game at launch and found it just dreadful. barely touched it.

Recently just updated my TV and I heard some people going on about how much better FFB was a lil while back, decided to give it a go with some settings I found on the Fanatec Forum (im on a clubsport wheelbase v2) and it is still nothing short of dreadful.

Is that just how things are gonna be? Or is there anything I can do to make the game feel vaguely acceptable.

im on PC for what its worth.

I'm assuming these are the settings you're using?

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussio...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

I have the same wheel as you do but I'm on Xbox. Once I got the recommended settings plugged in for Xbox it made the game at least playable.

Settings I’ve found to work well for me on the Fanatec CSL post December last year ffb update.

I can also post Simucube settings if you want different settings to play with.

SEN 900
FF 075
SHO off
ABS off
DR1 off
FOR 060
SPR 030
DPR off
FEI 000

Game

Vibration 40
FFB Scale 75
Aligning Torque 200
Mechanical Trail 120
Pneumatic Trail 80
Road Feel 75
Wheel Damper 5
Center Spring 0
Steering Sensitivity 100
Steering Linearity 45

Again these are MY settings, ffb is a very subjective and personal taste.

Last edited:
Thank you, sorry for the slow reply I wasnt messing with FM for a few days, I just got uhh... Forza EmuWheel working and it is a night and day difference I am legitimately dumbstruck how different and good it feels compared to before.

None the less thank you for trying to help out.

I heard they fixed the Force feedback and handling,is this true? Should I give it a try again?

I heard they fixed the Force feedback and handling,is this true? Should I give it a try again?
The "Fixed" FFB is still a joke, how anyone could consider it anywhere near acceptable blows my mind, there is near 0 wheel feel near center, your centring spring just goes and take a vacation until you are mid-corner and then it comes back out of nowhere.

I'd say check out ForzaEmuwheel but I seen you are on XBO, im running it on PC. with emuwheel it is a night and day difference.

I'd say check out ForzaEmuwheel but I seen you are on XBO, im running it on PC. with emuwheel it is a night and day difference.

I’ve not tried emuwheel is there a good link where you found it?

Seems last time I tried to find it was closed to beta testing only.

I’ve not tried emuwheel is there a good link where you found it?

Seems last time I tried to find it was closed to beta testing only.

Here you are.
https://forzatools.weebly.com/forza-emuwheel.html

ideally you want to join the discord as well (Its under support,) one of the staff basicly custom makes some kinda profile for you, after you do the initial setup. But even with the initial setup it was worlds better tbh.

Hmm downloaded, installed, followed instructions, went through configurator, muted Hush...

This is what I get when I launch....

[ERROR] vJoy driver not enabled: Failed Getting vJoy attributes.
[ERROR] Could not initialize vJoy

Will not let me start or stop.

Hmm downloaded, installed, followed instructions, went through configurator, muted Hush...

This is what I get when I launch....

[ERROR] vJoy driver not enabled: Failed Getting vJoy attributes.
[ERROR] Could not initialize vJoy

Will not let me start or stop.
after muting you need to launch Forza_EmuWheel.exe and start it, it sounds like thats whats happening? If you are try the discord they are quite helpful

I'm new to Forza 7. Heck, I'm new to Xbox. Have only played PS4 racing games with my CSL Elite PS4 wheel.

Bought a drive hub, and after a few days of tinkering, feel pretty good about my ffb experience.

There's 1 slight niggle and it's hard to explain. After turning, it feels like there's a slight delay in the wheel going back to normal feel. I wish I could explain it better. It almost feels dead, like off for a second.

I'm new to Forza 7. Heck, I'm new to Xbox. Have only played PS4 racing games with my CSL Elite PS4 wheel.

Bought a drive hub, and after a few days of tinkering, feel pretty good about my ffb experience.

There's 1 slight niggle and it's hard to explain. After turning, it feels like there's a slight delay in the wheel going back to normal feel. I wish I could explain it better. It almost feels dead, like off for a second.

I know I'm late to this question, but If you are still looking for an answer to this slthree, I had similar issues until I turned the Dampers off.

Try these settings in Forza 7, I find they work really well with thrustmaster wheels on the XBox, I have had people try them with TMX, TX and TS-XW wheels and have success. They may work with the Fanatec wheels as well.
Worth a Try, I definitely don't get any dead feeling anymore.

Force Feedback Scale = 100 (Change this depending on wheel/personal feel)
Aligning Torque Scale = 100
Mechanical Trail Scale = 100
Pneumatic Trail Scale = 100
Road Feel Scale = 100
Load Sensitivity = 100
Wheel Damper Scale = 0
Center Spring Scale = 0
Dynamic Damper = 0
Wheel Rotation = 900
Linearity = 50

I had tried a lot of settings but when I set the Dampers and centre spring to zero I found the wheel came alive and returning the other setting to default just seemed to work.

I know I'm late to this question, but If you are still looking for an answer to this slthree, I had similar issues until I turned the Dampers off.

Try these settings in Forza 7, I find they work really well with thrustmaster wheels on the XBox, I have had people try them with TMX, TX and TS-XW wheels and have success. They may work with the Fanatec wheels as well.
Worth a Try, I definitely don't get any dead feeling anymore.

Force Feedback Scale = 100 (Change this depending on wheel/personal feel)
Aligning Torque Scale = 100
Mechanical Trail Scale = 100
Pneumatic Trail Scale = 100
Road Feel Scale = 100
Load Sensitivity = 100
Wheel Damper Scale = 0
Center Spring Scale = 0
Dynamic Damper = 0
Wheel Rotation = 900
Linearity = 50

I had tried a lot of settings but when I set the Dampers and centre spring to zero I found the wheel came alive and returning the other setting to default just seemed to work.
Heck yeah, I’m still looking. Can’t wait to try these.

Better late than never!

I have a drive hub as well and a CSR Elite wheel. The drive hub works pretty but it does seem like there is something not quite right at times. Mostly I have noticed it with buttons sometimes seems like I have to press the button twice to get the response I want. I also use the same wheel on the PC and the button response seems better on the PC. Driving feels ok on the Xbox but does feel better on the PC.

I have a drive hub as well and a CSR Elite wheel. The drive hub works pretty but it does seem like there is something not quite right at times. Mostly I have noticed it with buttons sometimes seems like I have to press the button twice to get the response I want. I also use the same wheel on the PC and the button response seems better on the PC. Driving feels ok on the Xbox but does feel better on the PC.
This is what I was a little bit worried about. I figured it had something to do with the conversion since my wheel is designed for the PS4.

Thanks for replying

This is what I was a little bit worried about. I figured it had something to do with the conversion since my wheel is designed for the PS4.

Thanks for replying
I loaded the game back up on the Xbox after playing for a while on the PC. After paying closer attention it seems that the perceived button lag I mentioned may very well be that the xbox just loads the screens slower than the pc. If I give it time the buttons work fine. If I try to navigate through the screens at the same pace I do on the PC then i get cases where I press the button and nothing happens and I have to press it again. It definitely seems that the game is just not ready for input in these cases and would likely behave the same if I were using the controller.

As for the driving part, I have not ran into any issues using the drive hub while racing. It seems to work just fine and while the PC does feel a little better with my wheel the difference is very slight.

I loaded the game back up on the Xbox after playing for a while on the PC. After paying closer attention it seems that the perceived button lag I mentioned may very well be that the xbox just loads the screens slower than the pc. If I give it time the buttons work fine. If I try to navigate through the screens at the same pace I do on the PC then i get cases where I press the button and nothing happens and I have to press it again. It definitely seems that the game is just not ready for input in these cases and would likely behave the same if I were using the controller.

As for the driving part, I have not ran into any issues using the drive hub while racing. It seems to work just fine and while the PC does feel a little better with my wheel the difference is very slight.
Thank you. it may be that I haven't found the right settings, both on the wheel itself and in game on the advanced menu.

in fairness, I remember how long it took me to find the proper settings for PC2 on my PS4 Pro

Yes, the new-ish FFB is much better than when it was released, but still there are underlying issues with the physics that become apparent as you switch from gamepad to wheel. I've mostly given up, and just use normal instead of simulation steering. There's a good reason why no one uses the wheel in Forza Racing Championship.

Back