Is this "rice" to you?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TsukubaTrueno
  • 46 comments
  • 2,057 views
No IMO or IMHO there... it's truth.

We think solid-colored cars are prettier because that's what we're used to.

If cars were made of, say, canvas or denim, we'd think that a painted sheet of denim would be weird.

Aesthetics is governed by what a person is used to. The last Camaro was a very sleek design, very aerodynamic, sharp, futuristic, etcetera... but it wasn't a good-looking car for many people, why? It didn't conform to what a "muscle car" should look like (I actually agree with that position).

Of course, over-working detail into the paint ruins the purity of line, but then again, it's the impurity of form that distinguishes one car from another. If we strove for perfect form in every car, they'd all be vaguely soap-shaped, silver blobs on wheels.
 
Dear god that is awful. :yuck:
 
-> **** that! That IS rice. That person overdid that "tribal tatoo" theme all over that Gallardo. :indiff:
 
Nice artwork. Would look nicer on a another car though.
 
No IMO or IMHO there... it's truth.

We think solid-colored cars are prettier because that's what we're used to.
So the fact it resembles my gran's living room rug has nothing to do with it?
 
I think its creative, and seeing as its vinyl. Do what ya like.
 
So the fact it resembles my gran's living room rug has nothing to do with it?

It just means that commercialization, mass-production and the ease of reproducing designs has trivialized art into the mundane. Hey, M.C.Escher's work looks good, too, until you see it on a zillion coffee mugs and t-shirts :ouch:

BTW:
80_fuchs.jpg

80_done.jpg

70_stella.jpg

80_nelson.jpg

(okay, maybe that one's a bit much... :lol: )
 
Those Bimmers would look good in some solid colour, now they don't, IMO. I bet there's some weed and mushrooms stashed in that last vehicle.
 
We have art galleries for a reason. If you are going to detail a car so much that the focus isn't on the car anymore, go and draw it and frame it to hang on your wall. No need to put it on a car.

As for those BMWs, I could take the first if it wasn't so overdone. I actually quite like the third. The other two are just :yuck:.
 
the third ones pretty cool but the others are just too randomly painted.but they are NOT "rice" they are just stupid.
 
The Lambo, is the first car I've ever seen with a "prison tattoo".
Nicely done, but could the guy have started with an late '70's Impala?
Not "rice" though.

As for the Bimmers: Not my taste, especially the early 6 series.
But then early 6's are kind of automotive "holy ground" as far as I'm concerned.
 
It's ugly. I disrespect the work that was put into it. I hope the car burns to the ground.
 
It's ugly. I disrespect the work that was put into it. I hope the car burns to the ground.

Maybe you should start with pulling off the vinyl then. ;)
 
It's not rice but I don't think it goes on a Lamborghini it would look better on a Honda or Nissan,
 
Why did they leave the wing mirrors?!
 
I love that Lambo. Id put that paint scheme on any exotic (almost).
 
Back