Is tyre degradation so high in GT5 thats its unrealistic? PD read!

• Thread starter xSNAKEx
  • 362 comments
I think its well known that Racing Soft tyres are like glue in the game and you can push way harder than realistically possible. You should trying running something like the F10 on Sports soft or medium and they will last more towards the times you are expecting compared to real life.

It's not... Trust me, it's not! I do track days in my 7 on the same tires I use daily and it barely effects my replacement time...

Tire wear needs a serious looking into, I can't believe "The REAL driving simulator" has let it go on like this for so long!

Absolutely! I completed the Suzuka 1000km in a Lexus Denso Sard recently and the rapid tire wear--along with rapid loss of control at the two-thirds wear mark for tires--was quite frustrating. I began on RSs, and had one stint on them lasting 7 laps. Then I went to RMs and got around 8 laps for each of two stints, and then I moved on to RHs for the rest of the race (172 total laps from memory). My first stint with RHs gave me 9 laps, and as the race went on, I perhaps drove a little more evenly and learned when to change tires before ending up on ice. That, conservative driving manner, gained me two extra laps to make 11 laps per stint on RHs for most of the race. At the late stages of the race, I did manage some stints of 12 and perhaps one of 13 laps on RHs.

RS: 7
RM: 7-9
RH: 11-12

My racing times on RSs were 4-7 seconds faster than on RHs, and a pitstop in this race for enough fuel to cover an 11 lap stint (plus 10-15%) took 35 seconds, so it was pointless to use RH tires instead of RSs in order to minimise pit time--which is a severe balance and immersion issue.

For me, as a bandaid solution to one of the many tire issues in GT5, RMs should have their wear-rate reduced by 100% so that they last twice as long as they do now, and RHs should have their wear-rate reduced by 300% so that they last three times as long as they do now. It's hard to understand why this and other problems with tires in endurance races haven't been fixed yet.

Absolutely! I completed the Suzuka 1000km in a Lexus Denso Sard recently and the rapid tire wear--along with rapid loss of control at the two-thirds wear mark for tires--was quite frustrating. I began on RSs, and had one stint on them lasting 7 laps. Then I went to RMs and got around 8 laps for each of two stints, and then I moved on to RHs for the rest of the race (172 total laps from memory). My first stint with RHs gave me 9 laps, and as the race went on, I perhaps drove a little more evenly and learned when to change tires before ending up on ice. That, conservative driving manner, gained me two extra laps to make 11 laps per stint on RHs for most of the race. At the late stages of the race, I did manage some stints of 12 and perhaps one of 13 laps on RHs.

RS: 7
RM: 7-9
RH: 11-12
:eek: That's 5 more laps than I expected.

Back