Isdera Commendatore 112i May Be Coming to Gran Turismo and Need for Speed

The PAL version got different and much better car handling/physics than the NTSC version. That's why this game is mostly hated by those who played only the NTSC (U/J) version. Well, since i played both, i can confirm that the PAL version was a fun game with unique visual style, the NTSC version was trash. That's why many people are/were confused with this game.

I did not know this, thanks for the reply. I still have my PS2, I should hunt down a PAL copy.

VXR
I did not know this, thanks for the reply. I still have my PS2, I should hunt down a PAL copy.
Hmm, i though you've already played the PAL version, since your location is UK... :boggled: I was just throwing it out there because not many people are aware of this.
Anyways, just beware that the PAL version is the older/original version of the game, so it has less cars and tracks... the difference in physics can clearly be seen in this short side-by-side vid:

I apologize to mods for going so off-topic...

One of the best car games ever made :(... I'm going go make me some liveries right now.
150148-Auto_Modellista_(USA)-1.jpg

387b7b0cdda5485b03d826e53f4ef608.jpg
It's now I only knew that Capcom actually made racing games back then. :)

Hmm, i though you've already played the PAL version, since your location is UK... :boggled: I was just throwing it out there because not many people are aware of this.
Anyways, just beware that the PAL version is the older/original version of the game, so it has less cars and tracks... the difference in physics can clearly be seen in this short side-by-side vid:

I apologize to mods for going so off-topic...

Even though I was responding to the post that referenced this game, it was still at a time Gran Turismo was all about car culture. KAz himself, said he forgot how fun the past games are. KAz' vision of the next game being a meld of past, present & future, maybe we see the franchise bring back that car culture flavor.

There aren't two 112i's in the world.

They updated the original Commendatore to become the Silver Arrow.
I came into this thread pretty much to confirm this. Commendatore 112i and Silver Arrow C112i are the same car. First the Commendatore got rebuilt into Silver Arrow and now it got rebuilt back into Commendatore.
Also, this wasn't that much of an upgrade, just an application of "normal" side windows, new set of wheels and Mercedes badging. The 600 HP engine never made it inside the car, and it is unknown if it was made in the first place.

The whole story has me wondering if Isdera has undergone a leadership change or something.

An increasing social media presence is a bit eyebrow raising for a enigmatic company like Isdera to be doing.
Yes, something in this vein has happened. Up until recently, Isdera belonged to some Swiss owner(s), who rebuilt Commendatore into Silver Arrow and were going to sell it. But a few years ago, Isdera got bought by Sinfonia Automotive AG, an investor company from Hong Kong. This is pretty much when Isdera started being more social and public (and also when it rebuilt Silver Arrow back into Commendatore). Commendatore GT is a product of collaboration of Isdera and Sinfonia's own WeltMeister/WM Motor.

Glad to see Isdera return to video games. The 112i has always fascinated me. I say we need these 3 to complete the Mercedes powered super car set:

View attachment 880631
View attachment 880632
View attachment 880633

n.b. I know a roadgoing Zonda was being scanned by PD for inclusion in a GT game at some point.
I would pay $100 just for the CLK GTR alone, no joke. I have a feeling the CLK-GTR and the Zonda *As you said they already scanned it at some point* will appear in GT7. Knowing PD, they are probably saving the best for later.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say these weird car choices are baffling. I do get that GT has always had those weird cars rendered on a PS2.

However I feel like cars like the Nissan R390 deserve more a place. Not that I dont want more cars, of course more of anything is better.

I dont know how many people will feel that connection to NFS2.

If you want my 'weird car of the day'...

2007-spada-codatronca-ts-2.jpg

This car is already in a game.

I would pay $100 just for the CLK GTR alone, no joke. I have a feeling the CLK-GTR and the Zonda *As you said they already scanned it at some point* will appear in GT7. Knowing PD, they are probably saving the best for later.

With the suprise recent dlc - ala the Ruf CTR 3 - I would never count it out.

Regardless, for me this is one the best dlc supported games I have brought. And I held off on buying the game until the day of the Le Mans update because of PD's history. The fact it has been free is also a minor miracle.

Looking forward to 2020's suprise goodies.

Last edited:
The Commendatore looks so much better with the gold rims it isn't even funny. The Silver Arrows is tragic with the Mercedes alloys :lol:

BBS LM and RS variants are like the Ray-Ban Aviators of the car rim world: they look good on (almost) everything. And with the gold centre and spokes and silver outer rims, as seen as on the Isdera, they look especially glorious.

Shame GT Sport doesn't allow you to paint individual parts of rims to replicate that style and others.

Last edited:
Surely this car would slot into N400 whatever? It aint a race car that's fur shure and its not a track car.

Its just a car that no one seems to actually be able to buy etc.

There you've the reason (I think) we would see the Isdera probably in the GT7 game. Like GT sport never was ment a car collectors game like all the previous GranTurismo's in the past, GT7 would be that game + hopefully to start with a small budget again and choose our own beater car for the first races and working towards an Isdera, Zonda or Lotus Evija

It’s referring to this imperator rather than on the Commendatore , I don’t think this is a video game car - the post says its a quick artwork

Attachments

• CD3E95B9-D3B9-4664-B6EC-78EA8FD38098.jpeg
    CD3E95B9-D3B9-4664-B6EC-78EA8FD38098.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 3E073699-AB77-49B7-AED0-66EEB02418CA.jpeg
    3E073699-AB77-49B7-AED0-66EEB02418CA.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 26

Latest Posts

Back