Isdera Commendatore 112i May Be Coming to Gran Turismo and Need for Speed

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 9, 2020.

1. VXR

VXR

I did not know this, thanks for the reply. I still have my PS2, I should hunt down a PAL copy.

2. westblade85

westblade85

Hmm, i though you've already played the PAL version, since your location is UK... :boggled: I was just throwing it out there because not many people are aware of this.
    Anyways, just beware that the PAL version is the older/original version of the game, so it has less cars and tracks... the difference in physics can clearly be seen in this short side-by-side vid:

I apologize to mods for going so off-topic...

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  3. GTV0819

GTV0819

It's now I only knew that Capcom actually made racing games back then. :)

AgentBlackDog and 05XR8 like this.
  4. 05XR8

05XR8

Even though I was responding to the post that referenced this game, it was still at a time Gran Turismo was all about car culture. KAz himself, said he forgot how fun the past games are. KAz' vision of the next game being a meld of past, present & future, maybe we see the franchise bring back that car culture flavor.

5. SiriusR

SiriusR

I came into this thread pretty much to confirm this. Commendatore 112i and Silver Arrow C112i are the same car. First the Commendatore got rebuilt into Silver Arrow and now it got rebuilt back into Commendatore.
    Also, this wasn't that much of an upgrade, just an application of "normal" side windows, new set of wheels and Mercedes badging. The 600 HP engine never made it inside the car, and it is unknown if it was made in the first place.

Yes, something in this vein has happened. Up until recently, Isdera belonged to some Swiss owner(s), who rebuilt Commendatore into Silver Arrow and were going to sell it. But a few years ago, Isdera got bought by Sinfonia Automotive AG, an investor company from Hong Kong. This is pretty much when Isdera started being more social and public (and also when it rebuilt Silver Arrow back into Commendatore). Commendatore GT is a product of collaboration of Isdera and Sinfonia's own WeltMeister/WM Motor.

Dezcom, sirjim73 and Panoz like this.
  6. SuperSportX

SuperSportX

I would pay $100 just for the CLK GTR alone, no joke. I have a feeling the CLK-GTR and the Zonda *As you said they already scanned it at some point* will appear in GT7. Knowing PD, they are probably saving the best for later.

7. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say these weird car choices are baffling. I do get that GT has always had those weird cars rendered on a PS2.

However I feel like cars like the Nissan R390 deserve more a place. Not that I dont want more cars, of course more of anything is better.

I dont know how many people will feel that connection to NFS2.

If you want my 'weird car of the day'...

[​IMG]

This car is already in a game.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

That game seemed ahead of its time with all of the car customization options.

AgentBlackDog and 05XR8 like this.
  9. fatkid

fatkid

With the suprise recent dlc - ala the Ruf CTR 3 - I would never count it out.

Regardless, for me this is one the best dlc supported games I have brought. And I held off on buying the game until the day of the Le Mans update because of PD's history. The fact it has been free is also a minor miracle.

Looking forward to 2020's suprise goodies.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  10. 05XR8

05XR8

It was. As well as "chat" rooms. It was a while ago, but I remember seeing a pic with the background as a parking lot. That's what GT should have behind each pit area.

11. glassjaw

glassjaw Contributing Writer

The Commendatore looks so much better with the gold rims it isn't even funny. The Silver Arrows is tragic with the Mercedes alloys :lol:

Nuschel01 and fatkid like this.
  12. fatkid

fatkid

BBS LM and RS variants are like the Ray-Ban Aviators of the car rim world: they look good on (almost) everything. And with the gold centre and spokes and silver outer rims, as seen as on the Isdera, they look especially glorious.

Shame GT Sport doesn't allow you to paint individual parts of rims to replicate that style and others.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020 at 11:57 AM
  13. AKps3

AKps3

Edit: delete

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  14. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

15. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

They sound desperate/needy. I doubt we'll ever see this car in Gran Turismo.

girabyt3, SiriusR, HarVee and 2 others like this.
  16. GTV0819

GTV0819

And so do other similar cars as well.

17. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I would love to see Isdera in GT Next. Their cars are very interesting and, at this stage fairly old-school, so I would welcome them.

TokoTurismo and Nuschel01 like this.
  18. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Not a fan of more wildcard cars that dont really fit into any category in the game.

TokoTurismo and fordlaser like this.
  19. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I totally agree mate, the category where the cars go is BS in the game.

TokoTurismo likes this.
  20. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Surely this car would slot into N400 whatever? It aint a race car that's fur shure and its not a track car.

Its just a car that no one seems to actually be able to buy etc.

21. YukinoSuzuka

YukinoSuzuka

There you've the reason (I think) we would see the Isdera probably in the GT7 game. Like GT sport never was ment a car collectors game like all the previous GranTurismo's in the past, GT7 would be that game + hopefully to start with a small budget again and choose our own beater car for the first races and working towards an Isdera, Zonda or Lotus Evija

raghza likes this.
  22. Isdera fan

Isdera fan

They posted this on their Instagram

Attached Files:

23. GTV0819

GTV0819

Looks like a hypercar designed by developers from Rockstar.

VXR likes this.
  24. juanffy18

juanffy18

yeah looks like a GTA smoothie car

25. Isdera fan

Isdera fan

It’s referring to this imperator rather than on the Commendatore , I don’t think this is a video game car - the post says its a quick artwork

Attached Files:

26. Mr616

Mr616

Off topic I know but: Gorgeous ^^^^

27. YukinoSuzuka

YukinoSuzuka

For me it looks like a former GTplanet member (Nessy) made these drawings.. :eek::eek::eek:

28. GTV0819

GTV0819

But this is from way back then?

29. KilzoneStrife

KilzoneStrife

I wish I bought Auto Modelista back then...
    *Imagines PS5 has Backwards Compatibility and playing it upscaled 4K 4K through HDMI*

30. GTV0819

GTV0819

You missed the opportunity.