iSpec League

• Thread starter jtcaddy
  • 68 comments
Season 2 starts this Saturday!
1C819534-4435-4F56-A60A-718C656052A5.jpeg

Hello. Add me on PSN (jtcaddy). I will be away this weekend but planning on starting season 2 the following weekend. Pretty much going to follow the same setup as season 1. I haven’t officially announced the car selection for season 2. However I do have a pretty good idea on what it’s going to be. If you have any questions I’ll be glad to answer.

We always run gr4 every Saturday and Sunday. So come out and race. Then we switch over to the league room to conclude the racing for the day.
Hey there, interested in joining the iSpec league...the new car looks fun. I just sent you a friend request on PSN. Anything else I need to know?

Last edited:
Hey there, interested in joining the iSpec league...the new car looks fun. I just sent you a friend request on PSN. Anything else I need to know?
Thanks for your interest in joining the league. I’ve accepted your friend request. It’s pretty casual so nothing really specific to do other than show up and race!

I always have a gr4 room running on Saturday and Sunday mornings (US Eastern time). This is a good way to familiarize yourself with the guys. We have a pretty regular roster of players and we’ve been racing together every weekend for almost a year now! Usually around 9:00-9:30am I switch the room over to the ‘league’ room and we conclude our morning racing from there.

I’ll add you to our party chat for easier communication on race details/track selection. Should you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for your interest in joining the league. I’ve accepted your friend request. It’s pretty casual so nothing really specific to do other than show up and race!

I always have a gr4 room running on Saturday and Sunday mornings (US Eastern time). This is a good way to familiarize yourself with the guys. We have a pretty regular roster of players and we’ve been racing together every weekend for almost a year now! Usually around 9:00-9:30am I switch the room over to the ‘league’ room and we conclude our morning racing from there.

I’ll add you to our party chat for easier communication on race details/track selection. Should you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks, got it. It's a little early for me as i'm in Los Angeles, but I will try to do some morning coffee runs with y'all.

Update: we took a brake from league racing due to unseen circumstances. However we are looking to reinstate season 2 with a fresh start. If there’s anyone out there interested. Please hit me up

ATTENTION EVERYONE
Please take a moment to read

We will be starting season 2 of iSpec League. If you are interested then you need to buy this car in the used dealership IMMEDIATELY. It’s limited stock and will be gone soon. Civic type R Touring Car

ATTENTION EVERYONE
Please take a moment to read

We will be starting season 2 of iSpec League. If you are interested then you need to buy this car in the used dealership IMMEDIATELY. It’s limited stock and will be gone soon. Civic type R Touring Car

Attachments

• IMG_5471.jpeg
    IMG_5471.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 6
Hello guys,

I want to go over and address a few things regarding our league race. I look forward to the change of pace and the week to week challenge. I’m sure many others feel the same way. Over the past year we’ve built a great GT community and I look forward to finding like minded racers as we continue to move forward.

The great thing about our community is that we have a diverse range of skill set. So there’s action to behold for everyone. I do and will hold higher expectations from everyone during league play. I save every race replay, review, and edit to provide a highlight style videos. This league race is for fun. Yes, there’s a sense of heighten competition with the point format. Race 2, unfortunately was a bit chaotic by our standards. There’s a few reason that I noticed why this may be. I need everyone’s help and understanding so we can provide a better quality race moving forward.

LACK OF FAMILIARITY - we are racing the same cars (spec) to balance out any advantage due to car selection. We are also doing unfamiliar tracks to take out the competitors edge. This is to encourage practice. There’s a few of us I know really put in the time and effort during the week to get the best possible outcome on race day. When you get wrecked out due to someone else’s negligence, it’s very frustrating. If you don’t want to practice nor have the time to do so, that’s fine. However, know your pace. If you’re unfamiliar with the track/car combo - I’d suggest not racing as close or hard to prevent incidents from happening. Think of your fellow racers.

A good example in race 2 was the braking zone leading into the last turn hairpin. I seen many fellow racers get plowed through due to unstable braking or missing the braking zone all together. Not cool. These will be warnings and this type of negligence will result penalties and ongoing issues will result in league suspension.

DIFFERENCE IN PACE - As I mentioned earlier, we have a diversity in pace. Be mindful of that. Use good judgment navigating traffic. Remember it’s the passing car responsibility to make a clean pass. However, if your pace is significantly different, consider yielding. Unnecessary rolling road blocks are frustrating. note I have witness good etiquette on this matter from various racers.

PATIENCE - I will revert back to rolling starts as we do in Gr4. This will help to alleviate the notorious first corner chaos. Additionally, I see to many times people trying to make passes going two and three wide in areas where it’s not feasible. We made the races longer, you have time. It’s not your typical 5 lap sprint race. The race isn’t won on the first turn or the first lap. Pick your passing zone and execute cleanly. If unable to do so, then guess what. Don’t make the pass!

LAG - This is out of our control. We race with guys all over the world. We’re at the mercy of the servers. Also a big problem is the difference between ps4 users and ps5. There seems to be some lag between the two consoles. We got to be understanding. I’d like to think the little incidents are due to this and everyone we race with (the regulars) all have good race craft and exhibit sim racing as a gentlemen’s sport.

In race 2 I cross reference with KB’s replay from the 3 wide incident in turn 1. My screen there was a noticeable gap-bubble when contact was made, but you could see the shift in the cars. His replay it was clear there was metal to metal contact. Regardless, that move should’ve never been executed as it was a divebomb. Obviously causing a two car wreck. It almost worked - up until it didn’t work…. Also a warning issued.

CHAT - keep the chat out of the race. Let’s minimize the distractions. Also the group chat is NOT for bickering. It’s there so we can easily get a message across to the community to coordinate racing. Issues can be resolved after the race. Through me if need be. I’ll keep an unbiased viewpoint of the situation. Plus, I’ll have replay for reference. I really hope it never comes down to that type of pettiness. Everyone seems to govern themselves really well.

I put a lot of unseen time and effort to make this happen. I want everyone to have fun. I’m enthusiastic with the community we’ve built. Thank you guys week to week. I want to see this become a success and it’s not possible without yall. This is for yall. So let’s make it the best we can make it.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe holiday season. Now it’s time to get back to racing. Race 3 at the Glen resumes on Sunday, 31st!

Hope everyone had an enjoyable and safe holiday season. Now it’s time to get back to racing. Race 3 at the Glen resumes on Sunday, 31st!
@jtcaddy - I’m interested in running with you all, but I have a few questions.
What time will the race start?
What tires are you running on the civic touring car?
What layout for the Glen are you running?
Cheers - Daryl

Sorry for the late reply. Glenn has concluded (week 3 of 10)

We are running RH tires on the civic. League races usually last around 25-30min. Laps are adjusted to accommodate the time frame.

We start qualifying around 8am Eastern time.

Once season 2 concludes, season 3 will have a different vehicle selection.

Back