• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 10 comments

zer05ive

SNAIL
Premium
United States
Texas
zer05ive
I use extensive BBCode on my weekly results posts (e.g. here). To save time, I click 'Edit' on the previous week's post so that I can simply copy and paste the wall of text and it's embedded BBCode. That way, I can simply rearrange the driver names based on the new results. I noticed that when you click 'Edit' in GTP12, you then have to click on 'Use BB Code Editor' in the top-right corner of the edit window in order to get the BB Code.

Unfortunately, whenever I click 'Use BB Code Editor', the BBCode that is provided is inaccurate. Also, unless you cancel the edit, the format of the post is ruined. Click here for an example of a results post that was ruined by the BB Code Editor. Even when I go in and manually remove all of the incorrect BB Code, it all goes right back if I edit the post again for any reason. In other words, I can't change the post back to how it was, let alone create a new results post that has the numbered list that I've always used.

I've been wrestling with this issues all day/night and am wondering if I'm just missing something or if this is an know issue that is being addressed. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

@zer05ive From what I can tell, the main issue is the lack of numbered bullets, correct? The new forum software uses a simpler code for those now; it's [LIST=1][*]First numbered bullet [*]Second numbered bullet [/LIST], so just typing that =1 should solve it. Let's see if it works...

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on October 20, 2013

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please read this. Also keep in mind that an incident report isn't supposed to be an argument. Here are some good tips on how to make sure things stay civil and respectful. 👍

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1
  1. SPEED14231234 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1 92 points (88.00 for Prize B)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round ???
  6. Garage-father ----- voted to eliminate Round ???
  7. GTP_Worst_Driver -- voted to eliminate Round ???
  8. racefan78 --------- did not submit a vote
    • dangerzone641 ----- DNR
    • GTP_RBERINGHS ----- DNR
    • Hillracing -------- DNR
    • JazzVanWolfe ------ DNR
    • martin20az -------- DNR
    • jlbowler ---------- DNR
    • OwensRacing ------- DNR
    • Adventuruss ------- DNR
    • dabneyd ----------- DNR
    • brandofo ---------- DNR
    • zegrated ---------- DNR
    • Da_Panda_Bear ----- DNR
    • GumballCGT -------- DNR
    • brianm3 ----------- DNR
    • BRSbeckett -------- DNR
    • z06fun ------------ DNR
    • JoeyFast22 -------- DNR
    • Ice_Warden -------- DNR
    • GTP_Benz-27 ------- DNR
    • BerdiyevA --------- DNR

(EDIT) - Whoa. Okay, I see the problem now. At first I thought it was a few repetitive FONT tags, but it seems the software takes issue with the nested LIST tags and produces a bunch of extras for the parent list, turning each bullet in the original into a new separate list.

My suggestion? For the time being, keep a TXT file as a template on your main computer and/or mobile. I do a similar thing for the Photomode Competitions, just dropping in small blocks of code each new week. That way, if this problem rears its head, you can just copy/paste from the text file without having to take out all those tags manually each time.

(DOUBLE-EDIT) Okay, it definitely has something to do with the FONT tags. As you said, every time I tried to edit that, it kept re-inserting the redundant LIST tags, but as soon as I removed the custom fonts, it held onto the numbered lists just fine. So that might be the main issue.

@Jordan might be able to look into why this happens better than I can, though :)

Zer0, have you been able to use jumpto & anchor tags? Other than the list tags, any other BB code issues? You are far more versed in this than I; it's all I van do to post. Lol

Also, I tried to go to the formatting page with the BBCode examples/help (which I desperately need) and it is gone. Will it come back?

Last edited:
Hi All. Sorry to resurrect this post, but having issues with BB Code editor in the signature section. Once the code has been implemented, the preview displays the correct output. As soon as you go into the forums the signature does not appear. Is this a possible bug?

Oh yes, if you go back into the signature section afterwards, the code would have been deleted.

If I remember right, the signatures doesn't support things like colour-BB codes and such since the newest forum version was introduced. :)

What type of formatting are you attempting to use in the signature? As Dean noted, most formatting options are disabled in the actual output, though they would still show up in the preview.

PSN Profile signatures that display trophy information. I don't know if this is a disabled function perhaps?

AFAIK aren't links and bold/italic/underlined the only allowed formatting for sigs?

Back