◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
Well I had a lot of fun on my first S.N.A.I.L. event. I made a few stupid mistakes but it was great. Came away with 1 win, had a couple really good battles for 2nd to last :D and hopefully practiced decent Racecraft. Looking forward to next week!

That's great to hear! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your first night. We look forward to seeing you back next week! 👍

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on October 20, 2013

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please read this. Also keep in mind that an incident report isn't supposed to be an argument. Here are some good tips on how to make sure things stay civil and respectful. 👍

Click here for detailed results and statistics

Division 1

• Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round ???
    • Garage-father ----- voted to eliminate Round ???
    • GTP_Worst_Driver -- voted to eliminate Round ???
    • racefan78 --------- did not submit a vote

• dangerzone641 ----- DNR
    • GTP_RBERINGHS ----- DNR
    • Hillracing -------- DNR
    • JazzVanWolfe ------ DNR
    • martin20az -------- DNR
    • jlbowler ---------- DNR
    • OwensRacing ------- DNR
    • Adventuruss ------- DNR
    • dabneyd ----------- DNR
    • brandofo ---------- DNR
    • zegrated ---------- DNR
    • Da_Panda_Bear ----- DNR
    • GumballCGT -------- DNR
    • brianm3 ----------- DNR
    • BRSbeckett -------- DNR
    • z06fun ------------ DNR
    • JoeyFast22 -------- DNR
    • Ice_Warden -------- DNR
    • GTP_Benz-27 ------- DNR
    • BerdiyevA --------- DNR
Division 2

• Sandblazter ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • rmb_senna --------- did not submit a vote
    • GCarneiroBR ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • tcrash15 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • AJK-VAIL ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • GTP_Jared93 ------- did not submit a vote

• AG07WRXTR --------- DNR
    • GTP_XR_RACER_11 --- DNR
    • Bandit0627 -------- DNR
    • Oshawa-Joe -------- DNR
    • SoCalRacer310 ----- DNR
    • albtifosi --------- DNR
    • jmoneykillaz09 ---- DNR
    • VAG_star ---------- DNR
    • ND_4_SPD_Naruto --- DNR
    • FaelForna --------- DNR
Division 3

• dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • GranStand_Bill ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Fastfox400 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • o10231994 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • schmiggz ---------- did not submit a vote

• rallywgn81 -------- DNR
    • Wolfsatz ---------- DNR
    • canuckleheadII ---- DNR
    • chatva ------------ DNR
    • HusamOne ---------- DNR
    • tezgm99 ----------- DNR
    • The2ArmedMen ------ DNR
    • moperlover -------- DNR
    • zer05ive ---------- DNR
Division 4

• hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Handlebar-Man ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • intoflatlines ----- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • raymann500 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • flesxruoyxllik ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Area51Ape ----- did not submit a vote

• RafaelR_13 -------- DNR
    • ChuthuluGoat ------ DNR
    • SoundTiger95 ------ DNR
    • Driftin_Assassin -- DNR
    • GTP_pyxen --------- DNR
    • EAO-HarleyMan ----- DNR
    • whatbadgerseat ---- DNR
    • Vol_Jbolaz -------- DNR
    • VrapPlus ---------- DNR
    • floor_tom --------- DNR
    • Deadbrah ---------- DNR
    • kkoe -------------- DNR
    • fereck ------------ DNR
    • JESter82178 ------- DNR
    • steppenwolf111 ---- DNR
    • AJHG1000 ---------- DNR
    • tevesh2 ----------- DNR
    • JRumley ----------- DNR
    • Fabricio98 -------- DNR
    • SCREAMING_CHIEF --- DNR
    • Priest8 ----------- DNR
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
ROUND 3 - Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car @suzuka Circuit

Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since GTP_Ph7shr wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most votes was:
ROUND 2 - Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 '65 @Special Stage Route 5

This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since SPEED14231234 gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Price C goes to cmbeal317 so he gets any gift car ticket listed here (by posting his selection here on the thread).

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required).
Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is $5M, but can be increased to $10M if it is selected within 24 hours of this results post).
OCD Cars - As discussed here, there will no longer be a restriction on when OCD cars can be selected. They are are now available for selection every week. However, OCD cars $1M and above are not available for selection during the second week of the OCD batch's availability (click here to check). In other words, if you select a car from the OCD during it's second week of availability, it must cost less than $1M.
DLC Cars - The only DLC cars available for selection are the one is the Racing Car Pack and any DLC car that is FREE and currently available in the PlayStation Store.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete (don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife)
Any track that's in the Course Pack or the Twin Ring Motegi Pack are also available for selection.

Last edited:
That's great to hear! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your first night. We look forward to seeing you back next week! 👍
I'm looking forward to it too! My biggest facepalm moment was when I was battling Hooker for 1st in the first race of round 2, last corner he wipes out and I crash into him. So I pull over to the side to let him pass (trying to remember racecraft etiquette), which then also allows 2 others to pass. Then after the race I was told I didn't have to pull over after all. Oh well!

I have to commend Ph1sher on an exemplary racecraft moment. I think it was the last race of the night, last lap, at the Casio Triangle/Chicane/whateveryacallit, GranstandBill ghosts (I have no idea why at the moment), Ph1sh drives into him, then backs out and gives way. He could have just as easily drove on through to third and had a shot at second. He didn't. This is the kind of sportsmanship that SNAIL promotes and I love to see.

:cheers: X 100 to Ph1sher.

OK results have been entered. The only thing missing are votes from Quiet, Nik, dga and Garage-father. Also I have the replays of the first 4 races but am missing the last 2. If someone could provide a little the replays that would be much appreciated!

Would you mind sharing the votes that you have so far? I'll update the results post as they come in. :)

Dragonwhisky
I have to commend Ph1sher on an exemplary racecraft moment. I think it was the last race of the night, last lap, at the Casio Triangle/Chicane/whateveryacallit, GranstandBill ghosts (I have no idea why at the moment), Ph1sh drives into him, then backs out and gives way. He could have just as easily drove on through to third and had a shot at second. He didn't. This is the kind of sportsmanship that SNAIL promotes and I love to see.

Thanks dragon! Means a lot to be recognized like this! I knew it would be wrong to make a pass like that so I knew I had to back off

Where are they uploaded? I checked the SNAIL League Youtube channel but they must be somewhere else? Also, sorry for the tap I gave you in the last race.

As far as I recall, any contact anyone made with me - and there were very, very, very few, fell into 'just racing' with minor contact, nothing to worry about from me!

Hope we see you again soon.

Thanks dragon! Means a lot to be recognized like this! I knew it would be wrong to make a pass like that so I knew I had to back off

Dragon, thanks for taking the time to give recognition to Ph1sher for his "exemplary racecraft moment"! And Ph1sher, thanks for the "exemplary racecraft moment" to begin with! I've given you guys each one $hell for your actions. :)

zer05ive
Dragon, thanks for taking the time to give recognition to Ph1sher for his "exemplary racecraft moment"! And Ph1sher, thanks for the "exemplary racecraft moment" to begin with! I've given you guys each one $hell for your actions. :)

Awesome!! Thanks Zer05ive! 👍

I really wish I had something to contribute to this weeks directors report but my night was pretty dismal. No one fault but my own. Everyone has a crummy night from time to time. I would really like to hear from Dragon and Ph7sh... Those two are on fire and have themselves a little prize fight going on!!

D3 Data and replays have been completed...

I know nic voted for 3 cant remember what quiet or dgaf voted though

I voted for 3

Got it. 👍

Thanks guys! I've updated the results post above with the outcome of the elimination vote.

However, if you're in D1 and don't see your vote recorded, please post what round you voted to eliminate. We keep track of everyone's voting habits so we still want to know what your votes are. :)

ExoSphere64
I really wish I had something to contribute to this weeks directors report but my night was pretty dismal. No one fault but my own. Everyone has a crummy night from time to time. I would really like to hear from Dragon and Ph7sh... Those two are on fire and have themselves a little prize fight going on!!

I hear you Exo. I had a couple of good moments and the rest were in the weeds moments!

And a little late to the party but, thanks again for the pit board, another great read and awesome perspective :cheers:

FmeorCJ.png

Race Date: 20 October 2013

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

IR Submission Form is now closed.

Banners by dabneyd

ExoSphere64

I'm not sure if your asking for a directors report for division 3 that night as you guys mainly do that. But if you care I can share what basically happend that night?

- I though it was a fun night last night, got all 3 poles but made a couple mistakes in the race but learned from it. I saved dragon from spinning out at suzuka :lol: great battles all around with fox, grandstand and much more. Honestly I think division 3 is awesome! Everyone in that division is super fast even you are exo! :lol: we just happen to be faster at some points. Though I'm lovin the battle with dragon for the division 3 champ. I'm giving everything I got for him :)

Appericate all the stewards that put the hard work into this! It means a lot for every snail in this league! See you on the track Division 3! Going to be lots of fun just like every Sunday night!

-will post my new combo I would like either tommorow or Wednesday! Thanks

Tried doing the maths to figure out if I can go all Alain Prost on Ph1sher next week, but it hurt my head to much. I don't know whether I need to score 12 more points than him, 12 more points than my lowest night or just 12 points. So I gave up. I think, I might have to score a 98, to lock up the season.

Division 3 was full of some good racing, Sportsmanship was in plain evidence all night. Battles were had up and down the field in each race. Has anybody else had the glitch at SSR5, at the hairpin, where the road surface disappears and it looks like you're driving in space? The second race there was like that for me. Very unsettling. Hope that track goes away, even if I did get a bump draft pass behind Fastfox to get by JJLopez.

Sorry to see the Ford go. As I think I may have mentioned before, give me horsepower under the hood and horse hooves on the tires and I'm a happy camper.

Looking forward to the races next Sunday to see how the points race shakes out.

Oh and Ph1sh, it's better if you're chasing the dragon. If the dragon is chasing you, remember, yer crunchy, and good with ketchup. ;) :D

I can say I actually had a blast in D3 on sunday. I think I hit rock bottom when leading the last race after a fight with Mopar to take the lead just to be 4 seconds ahead and have several malfunction with my pedals.. Arent brakes important @ 150mph?

Has anybody else had the glitch at SSR5, at the hairpin, where the road surface disappears and it looks like you're driving in space?

Yep.

It happened to me while practicing in the D1 lounge, and then again during the second race on Sunday. Very strange.

Thanks for congrats tcrash...I'm having a lot of fun racing with the group in D2 !!!

I am lovin the GranStand...it's made a world of difference.

Last edited:
Tried doing the maths to figure out if I can go all Alain Prost on Ph1sher next week, but it hurt my head to much. I don't know whether I need to score 12 more points than him, 12 more points than my lowest night or just 12 points. So I gave up. I think, I might have to score a 98, to lock up the season.

Looking forward to the races next Sunday to see how the points race shakes out.

Oh and Ph1sh, it's better if you're chasing the dragon. If the dragon is chasing you, remember, yer crunchy, and good with ketchup. ;) :D

It is your top 3 scores. That part is easy, the next starts sounding like those NFL wildcard situations...

High to low:

Dragonwhisky: 92, 87, 86
Ph1sher: 94, 82, 48

Ph1sher's highest is 2 more than you.
You are five higher on second highest score of the month.
Your current third highest is 86.
You have a tiebreaker locked up at 9-3 first place finishes.

If Ph1sher beats you Sunday (any amount, at least by 3), but scores 89 or fewer points you should win.

If Ph1sher scores 90+, you have to be 3 or fewer behind to keep the lead.

At least that is how I think it is supposed to work, Messr Prost. If I am wrong, this SWAG will be priced half of what I originally charged ya!

:dunce:

Handlebar
It is your top 3 scores. That part is easy, the next starts sounding like those NFL wildcard situations...

High to low:

If Ph1sher beats you Sunday (any amount, at least by 3), but scores 89 or fewer points you should win.

At least that is how I think it is supposed to work, Messr Prost. If I am wrong, this SWAG will be priced half of what I originally charged ya!

:lol: this is aweeesoommee! Its the dual between the Fish Vs. The Dragon!! Shall The Battle begin!!

That's true, I am good with ketchup! And ketchup is good with me ;) get it? :)

Last edited:
I can say I actually had a blast in D3 on sunday. I think I hit rock bottom when leading the last race after a fight with Mopar to take the lead just to be 4 seconds ahead and have several malfunction with my pedals.. Arent brakes important @ 150mph?

Yeah I think they are.

Can't say I wasn't just a little :D when I came around Spoon and saw you off looking for sea shells. All I had to do after that was keep Ph1sh behind me. I managed to make my car "fat" through most of the course and Ph1sh kept his cool.

High to low:

Thanks Handlebar! You're hired as a race strategist! How many $hells will that analysis cost me? ;) Wait. Do I get a discount for the headache that just caused me? I thought it was close, just didn't realize how close. Doesn't Ph1sh get to pick a car and track for Sunday? Good Grief! That's probably worth at least 3 points all by itself. Must not let Ph1sh win any poles.

:lol: this is aweeesoommee! Its the dual between the Fish Vs. The Dragon!! Shall The Battle begin!!

That's true, I am good with ketchup! And ketchup is good with me ;) get it? :)

:lol: Not sure if I "get it" or not. Just trying to convince you, you're better off chasing, and not catching, than you will be, being chased. :sly: Just in case you choose, unwisely, I'll have a bottle of ketchup on hand. It'll be the Chivas brand of ketchup though.

Last edited:
S.N.A.I.L. Kart Series Reminder​

9:00 P.M. Eastern time in the SNAIL_Division2 lounge

October 22nd, 2013: PDI Racing Kart 100 or Racing Kart 100

Race 1 - Circuit de la sarthe 2009 with chicanes - 3 laps
Race 2 - Madrid Mini - Reverse - 15 laps
Race 3 - Tsukuba - 15 laps
Race 4 - Twin Ring Motegi Oval - 18 laps

Gearing for each of the tracks can be found here.

Hope to see you tonight!

Dragonwhisky
Yeah I think they are.

Can't say I wasn't just a little :D when I came around Spoon and saw you off looking for sea shells. All I had to do after that was keep Ph1sh behind me. I managed to make my car "fat" through most of the course and Ph1sh kept his cool.

Thanks Handlebar! You're hired as a race strategist! How many $hells will that analysis cost me? ;) Wait. Do I get a discount for the headache that just caused me? I thought it was close, just didn't realize how close. Doesn't Ph1sh get to pick a car and track for Sunday? Good Grief! That's probably worth at least 3 points all by itself. Must not let Ph1sh win any poles.

:lol: Not sure if I "get it" or not. Just trying to convince you, you're better off chasing, and not catching, than you will be, being chased. :sly: Just in case you choose, unwisely, I'll have a bottle of ketchup on hand. It'll be the Chivas brand of ketchup though.

You betcha dragon! I'm going to choose the fish combo :sly:

And the joke like I am ketchuping you and then fish with ketchup? Eating fish with some ketchup? Don't get it yet? Oh well!

Well I'm hoping for another 90+ point victory this Sunday but we will see what happens! 👍

Plus I got my GTEYE brake spring installed into my G27 Peddles now so hopefully that will help a little! 👍

Back