Italian Avant Garde (merged)

  • Thread starter Thread starter supra229
  • 26 comments
  • 844 views
Messages
805
which car should i use in the italian avant garde race.

i have the zonda race car if it helps its just that its hard to turn:banghead:
 
zonda will win it hands down,.... FYI, you'll in another Zonda race car upon completion
 
I've found that the ZOnda Race car is a formidable weapon. I ran it stock in the SSr11 Enduro, and posted an easy win. Red Eye will attest that I'm not the fastest guy, so you should have a good time driving it.

It was once rumored that to save weight, Zonda removed the steering wheel. When in actuality, they used Rice Pudding for brakes.

Biggest hint in the Zonda Start braking much sooner than you think you need to.

AO
 
which zonda did red eye racer recomend the c12, c12s or racecar? because the computer use the race car version and i thought i would use that?
 
The c12 is slowest, then c12r, then race car is fastest. All three will walk away with it, especcially if your fully modded.
 
thanks!

check out the picture of the zonda roadster i posted in the videos and pics forum
 
I'll ditto RER on this one. With one exception, it's the C12S not R.

In a fully modded set-up, each one will take this race. The Race car can do it in Stock form. The others tend to need some tuning. I ran a C12S fully modded.

Take a look here for a pretty good description I wrote.

AO
 
Originally posted by Der Alta

It was once rumored that to save weight, Zonda removed the steering wheel. When in actuality, they used Rice Pudding for brakes.

AO


:D Good one AO, what more can you say about the Zonda's brakes (or lack therof)!!!!...UB57
:D
 
I thought this race would be more than possible with a Zonda C12S with well over 1,000 hp. However, I found it nearly impossible to beat the Zonda Race Cars. First of all, even fully upgraded the brakes on my C12S are amazingly bad. I had to stop way, way before the flashing brake light came up. A hair to little and you smack into the wall, a hair to much and you lock up. No, I don't race this car much and I probably could get used to it with practice, but the car seemed so aweful. Also, I got no traction and I slid like crazy. The Race Cars had much later braking points and much better handling and absolutely clobbered me when I broke early for a turn. They hit me, I would get flung into a wall, and then I would be in sixth. This is one of the few things I hate about GT3, the AI is aweful.

Anyway, I did win. The first race they all pit on lap 10 so I was fine. On the second, I saw on lap 10 that they weren't pitting so I resorted to desperate measures. From 8 seconds behind in third place I rode the walls, another thing that is unrealistic in GT3, and managed to catch up to and barely pass the leader just before the last turn.

Did anybody else do series with a C12 or C12S and find it hard, or do I just suck at driving Zondas?
 
It's very difficult to do with the Zonda C12S, because of the massive braking distances. However, you can tune it to the point where it doesn't handle quite so badly, and part of this is in reducing the ASM to 0 and TCS to something low like about 2.

Then you can chuck the car about a bit and it handles more like a real car - the ASM really strangles the car's handling.

Also, if you're having trouble turning a car, you should reduce the LSD-Decel value on it.

Oh, and there's plenty discussion on the IAG series, if you use the Search facility...
 
well i won't be using the zonda c12s much ever again...but thanx for the setting tips, they may be helpful for other cars as well. and i will search around...to see how much i suck at driving zondas or if it gerenally a problem series
 
When I have a car I dont like or just not very competitive in an intense race I use it for something like the PD Series or an enduro so I dont have to worry much about getting so many miles on it...
 
:D Hi ZZII.
Here's a quote from another Zonda thread you might get a kick out of:
----------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Der Alta

It was once rumored that to save weight, Zonda removed the steering wheel. When in actuality, they used Rice Pudding for brakes.

AO
-----------------------------------------------------------
If it's any help, I don't think anyone finds the Zonda's handling anything less than awful:scared:w/out lots of careful tuning...UB57
:D
 
im having the same troubles i just cant brake properly and i cant trun properly the zonda just waist me the whole way!!!!!!!! im gonna try some tuneing differently but its not working!!!!!
 
:D A little Zonda Tuning Hint: If you start to get the chassis tuning making a difference, try TAKING SOME HP OUT!!! IMO the road Zonda chassis isn't up to the HP available. Quite often you'll turn quicker Lap times w/less than max HP because you're not fighting the lack of handling all the way around the circuit...UB57
:D
 
rice pudding for brakes...i guess that would explain why i have to start braking in one race to get the damn thing to stop in the next. thanx for the empathy everybody.
 
I found that the Zonda slows (and handles) MUCH better when you don't ever let the brakes lock up. Once you achieve 'zero lock up', you will do much better. This applies to any car, but it is very noticeable in the Zonda.

Go figure!:p
 
I beat those zonda races with the C12S, you just gotta make sure you supe the damn thing up to the max
 
I beat them with the Zonda Race Car...then proceeded to win another...:lol:
 
I managed with the C12S. I couldn't stand the fact that if I won a zonda race car to use on that race, I would just win another.

I modified the C12S pretty heavily to get it through though. The first race I kept it under 1000 hp, but I couldn't get the second one without going just over that mark because they don't pit.

Here's what I did to tune for it
ASM-0
TCS-4 or so (I didn't want to jack with the LSD and didn't want to understeer like crazy)
Camber 3.5 front, 2.5 rear
toe out -0.5 to some traction
I tuned the gear ratios transmission carefully so that I maxed at the end of the straightaway

I think I remember pitting once in both races. One mistake I made the first time through was removing some weight from the C12S. Man that thing can not get enough traction in the turns if you do that!

It was a tough race, but very satisfying to win with the C12S. I'm sure I'd have done better without the TCS and a little LSD tuning. Anyone who thinks I'm crazy for using these settings for any reason please let me know.

So the moral of the story is, you're not alone in having difficulty with this one.

-Dan
 
supra are you talking about removing weight?

I just went to the tune shop and bought the lightweight stage1 mod.
 
no sorry i forget to read the last five threads
sorry short attention span.

anyway i've just managed to complete the first race in the series using a zonda race car which i had one before hand it was very close i was only just winning but what helped a great deal was not having to go to the pitstop.

cheers guys:cheers:

now i just have to win the other one!
 
Well, the Zonda Race Car is very fast. You should win easily. But dont count on pit strategy. They only pit the last lap of the first race.


The key to the Zonda is knowing that it has VERY little weight up front. Or atleast, a hell of a lot in the back.

So, keep the front springs weak and shocks low. So, that the weight will transfer onto the braking tires. Also, keep the back suspension hard because you dont need any weight transfer there. It has about 65% rear weight ditribution at any given time. You also dont want the weight quickly shifting off of the front, to the back under acceleration so keep front soft and rear hard.


It also helps to bring down the camber in the back to closer to 0. You will have excellent straight line acceleration but it will also allow the back end to swing out in corners and give a bit more turn in, which is one of the Zondas problems.


Again, keep pretty much all LSD values lower than normal. It will help you going into, and coming out of turns because it will turn you. Trust me, the Zonda's problem isnt lack of grip, its got too much really. It can come out of the slowest turns with no wheel spin.


Another thing that might help a bit, but it generally helps for all rear weight bias, or cars with rear DF. Is to give the rear toe -0.5.
But this is only for the drivers that like to slow down alot, and accelerate under FULL throttle to get your nose pulled around the turn basically by the rear LSD and get a crazy exit speed. its the fastest way I've found in GT3 so far. And with a car thats rear heavy, its nice to be able to take advantage.


Most of these tuning tips you wont need with the Zonda Race Car. It handles very nicely in stock form.
 
Back