It's Been Ten Years Since Lucas Ordonez Won The Very First GT Academy

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 1, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Quakebass, Aderrrm, Dezcom and 12 others like this.
  2. dazdilly75

dazdilly75

When they started GT academy it made me wish I was just a little bit younger. Credit to the programme! It started the ball rolling of taking gamers seriously in the genre as potential real world racers.

3. fastone371

fastone371

Absolutely!!! This sure beats a family mortgaging everything they own to keep a talented youngster in a competitive car. In the USA the stepping stone from karts to a professional driving career is very blurry, the most important ingrediant is a wheelbarrow full of money regardless of talent. That's not how it should be.

4. Auditore

Auditore

Unfortunely racing is way too expensive,i imagine this also doesn't help at making motorsport more popular,if people had easier access to it i bet motorsport would be way more popular especially in gaming(racing is almost like a niche thing in videogames nowadays)

5. RHODRIEWILLIAMS

RHODRIEWILLIAMS

Not many family houses are worth enough to mortgage for F3 let alone F2 or Indy lights :cheers:

What Darren Cox did was insane not just for the winners but every one who had a chance to compete in the time trial

fastone371 and potvinsuks like this.
  6. Lucasordonez

Lucasordonez Premium

Guys thanks a lot for your support, without you this last 10 years would not be possible!

7. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

I always loved Lucas Ordonez, his smooth and intelligent driving and for a few years now I really see Lucas way too big for the never competitive Nissan GT-R GT3.
    I wonder how long is Lucas "attached" to Nissan because I would really love to see Lucas in a better team, in a better car doing a full season at blancpain or Adac or, like some top drivers, both.
    Go Lucas. We love you.

8. RHODRIEWILLIAMS

RHODRIEWILLIAMS

Enjoy Living the dream Lucas you've done great for GT and Nissan

9. Sander 001

Sander 001

Do you like GT Sport

fastone371 likes this.
  10. SolidSnakeXiX

SolidSnakeXiX

Respect for milestone, Lucas!

11. azrilnazli

azrilnazli

If lucas could hire a personal broadcast team and livestream his race onboard on youtube..that will be a huge milestone.

Google : Live U Solo

fastone371 likes this.
  12. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Living the dream my friend. I hope more success comes to you as always GT Fans will always support you.

13. desmodan

desmodan

Felt too old when this started.
    How do I feel now ?

sundaydriving likes this.
  14. 05XR8

05XR8

I had a magazine with him in it. The pic was of the in-car view from the GT-R, looking out onto the entrance to the bank at Daytona. Thinking: Why couldn't this be around when I was younger?

fastone371 likes this.
  15. fastone371

fastone371

I know, right? Not sure how old you are but I can tell you the video game of my youth could have prepared me to be a professional at Pong???? whatever that may be IRL.

djflakk, DesertPenguin and 05XR8 like this.
  16. 05XR8

05XR8

I'm 47. We were one of the first families on the block, to get Atari 2600. My Mom ordered it from the Sear's catalog. :)

fastone371 and DesertPenguin like this.