It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disk space? That's a joke, right?
image.jpg

image.jpg

Disk space? That's a joke, right?

Updates are more data installed on your hard drive that needs accessed while playing the game. Loading more data is always an increase in burden.

So if GT6 had 2000 cars and 60 tracks it would run at 30FPS ? That's not how it works - only specific data is loaded during each moment of the game. When you're on track driving it doesn't matter if there is a course creator in the main menu and 100s other options.

It may take longer to load the said menu but in-race performance will be in no way affected.

So if GT6 had 2000 cars and 60 tracks it would run at 30FPS ? That's not how it works - only specific data is loaded during each moment of the game. When you're on track driving it doesn't matter if there is a course creator in the main menu and 100s other options.

It may take longer to load the said menu but in-race performance will be in no way affected.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't only the viewing data loaded on a high quality basis, and all other views are on... A standard quality?

Let´s put everything in context, a game sold for 60 whatever currency at launch day.

One can argue if the game on its current form worths 60, once said this I have driven more than 10.000 km so far (I wish I had more time to play though). That means quite a lot of hours, so is it 60 well spent? so far yes, for example I paid 15 for Last of us DLC, a very short DLC which in contrast adds to the story and is great value. So money alone the game could pass the exam.

BUT and there are a big number of "buts", the game was announced whith a lot of features still not present today, too many bugs for online racing, huge and frustrating connection issues which could well be a game breaker for many and moreover the absolutely lack of any sort of communication from Poliphony Digital or Sony about future updates or bug fixes makes the customer to feel very upset as I am right now.

Problem is that the game is sold right now for almost half price from launch day, so what happened for those like me who paid full price and still are waiting for that complete game?

This is I think where the problem is, the lack of confidence I have right now for Gran Turismo franchise and it makes me really sad. Apart from that it is just a game so I will not make any drama out of this.

Just sharing my thoughts.

A message so logical that I can't agree more.
I think GT6 is very very fun and a very very long game. I am on International B championship and achieved some 40+ hours. Add the seasonal events, goodwood, moon rover, photo travel and online, and i happily wish i could have more time to play with it.

The only problem is the lack of communication. Some guys here make some crazy statements, but it can't be denied that the lack of communication would (and will) make everyone upset.
I think just a simple message saying "we're working on it brb" would be more than enough to calm everyone down.

Updates are more data installed on your hard drive that needs accessed while playing the game. Loading more data is always an increase in burden.

Ok, you're a bit confused I think.

You're right about one thing; More features = more data, and obviously an increase in disk space since you have to download the updates to your HDD.

But, where you're wrong is, you make it sound like that extra data HAS to be accessed while playing the game even when you're not using it.

Think of a PC, you have many programs and features on there, but they don't hold a "burden" on your system unless you actually allow them to RUN. Like this, the game will only access the data of a specific feature when you choose to use it.

It may take an extra couple seconds to load into the home screen if the course maker was implemented for example, but otherwise the game itself would run just as quickly as it did before.

I suddenly have U2's 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for' in my head :P
I've had Ice Cube rambling through mine,,, "Either they don't know, don't show, or straight up just don't give a 🤬,,,"
And the Cardigans' Favourite Game,, "I'm losing my favourite game, I'm losing my mind again"

Hudson Hornet was motivated by love
There sure is a lot of love in that car. I love the rumble of it at low RPMs. What a great addition to the game. I really hope we more dlc like that. Maybe a vintage BMW race car.

so, why PD dont delete the multiple: civic, gtr, miata, s2000......
it ll be a good start!!!
:cheers:

now that you mentioned all the promised features.. there are more to that too
ayrton senna content + DLCs + more than 20 VGT cars
if after 3months they released only one VGT its gonna take years to release all of those features/content

& now we hear they are working on GT7 too?!
do they even have enough men to work on all of these or was it all just a lie? or...
they already have made the updates /contents /VGT cars , but they keep waiting for car shows to release them!! which makes them bad people if they see how upset/bored fans are & yet dont give a 🤬

what the GT6 news section is for anyway? it says there has been an update AFTER you update your game so what?! i know there is an update because i have updated my game PD.. whats your point ? dont tell me there has been an update we can recognize the new bugs !

that section should be used to keep the fans updated about progression of the promised content

ayrton senna,20 VGT cars - in this especific cases i do think it makes sense to shedule the releases with real world events
DLC - i never apreciated racing games that sell content in the first months, feels like abuse - and, as i said in other threads, new cars/tracks mean nothing to offliners without a good race editor, i dont even own all the ones in the game(due to the hard ingame economy)! more cars to do what?
GT7 - they must prepare GT for PS4 while updating gt6 or it would take far more time to do a new GT - that is another thing i dont like about GT, should be just one game, GT PS3, not gt5 and gt6. same for PS4. will gt be like fifa? a 60/70 euros game every year? no, thanks, i dont want to loose content nor pay the same content every one or tow years. just update and add content.
GT6 news section - agree, they should talk about the updates progression ... and more

Has there been anything interesting since the "within 7 days" comment. It looks like it's all conversation trying to pass the 7 days...

Idk know if this was posted already but I read that a VGT car would be revealed at Geneva in this thread, or implied. Not to sure about that. I'm a car guy that plays one game which is the gt series. Long story short I know of a billion (exaggerating) sites/sources for cars because that what I eat sleep and breath. BMW Geneva line up consist of...

2 series active tourer
228i
M235i
M3
M4
428i and 435i gran coupe
I8

The automotive world hasn't been very secretive over the past two years... Meaning if there is a big reveal coming up at a major autoshow, which Geneva is, we'll know what will be there before hand. So if Jordan left the BMW riddle in his message, it will be one of those cars possibly, or a BMW that has been seen in GT promotion videos and photos...

M6 Gran Coupe
M5

Not saying a VGT isn't coming, but as everyone pretty much knows, VGT's are marketing perks for the auto guys getting their product to any and all they can. If a vision gt was coming I think we'd have heard something from the automotive community a week or two ago... Mercedes and Toyota were known of well before their respective auto shows. The press and media are already at the show(Sunday night access if I remember correctly) It opens to the public the week after the press have their week which ends the 6th...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 7
Idk know if this was posted already but I read that a VGT car would be revealed at Geneva in this thread, or implied. Not to sure about that. I'm a car guy that plays one game which is the gt series. Long story short I know of a billion (exaggerating) sites/sources for cars because that what I eat sleep and breath. BMW Geneva line up consist of...

2 series active tourer
228i
M235i
M3
M4
428i and 435i gran coupe
I8

The automotive world hasn't been very secretive over the past two years... Meaning if there is a big reveal coming up at a major autoshow, which Geneva is, we'll know what will be there before hand. So if Jordan left the BMW riddle in his message, it will be one of those cars possibly, or a BMW that has been seen in GT promotion videos and photos...

M6 Gran Coupe
M5

Not saying a VGT isn't coming, but as everyone pretty much knows, VGT's are marketing perks for the auto guys getting their product to any and all they can. If a vision gt was coming I think we'd have heard something from the automotive community a week or two ago... Mercedes and Toyota were known of well before their respective auto shows. The press and media are already at the show(Sunday night access if I remember correctly) It opens to the public the week after the press have their week which ends the 6th...
Toyota? What Toyota?

That's my mistake the Toyota wasn't a VGT but the same premise... A marketing plan and concept that is now in the game.

The FT-1.

I thought the Toyota project was announced and unveiled more unexpectedly? At least I thought it seemed that way.

Your right about that in the gaming community, but in the automotive world it had been talked about for weeks, just not fully revealed until a couple days prior to the press having access. BMW's a big company so if they had a concept car up there sleeve to be revealed at Geneva we would know. The wouldn't reveal everything there bringing the and leave a concept out if u know what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk know...
Think about the redundancy for a moment...
Also, regarding cars at the Geneva Motor Show coming to GT6, well, it could be one of the new BMWs on your list, that seems reasonable, or, there could actually be a genuine surprise announcement, it wouldn't be the first time.

I can't find the post to link it, but if you remember someone posted that BMW marketing flyer on the forum back in January which referred to BMW making use of GT. so I would not be surprised if we are talking some kind of dlc pack next week with maybe 4 of those cars listed (perhaps with the VGT being one of the four).

I only went with 4 as the gt5 dlc packs started off as 4 car packs. If anyone can find the link to that BMW marketing flyer on here it might be helpful. Anyway, we'll find out next week.

The conflict I have with that is that if one person works on a car and it takes 6 months, they either started these in September, or there's only half a car (I.e. no interior)??

I can't find the post to link it, but if you remember someone posted that BMW marketing flyer on the forum back in January which referred to BMW making use of GT. so I would not be surprised if we are talking some kind of dlc pack next week with maybe 4 of those cars listed (perhaps with the VGT being one of the four).

I only went with 4 as the gt5 dlc packs started off as 4 car packs. If anyone can find the link to that BMW marketing flyer on here it might be helpful. Anyway, we'll find out next week.

The conflict I have with that is that if one person works on a car and it takes 6 months, they either started these in September, or there's only half a car (I.e. no interior)??

Yes I remember seeing it - it mentioned the M4 and the M235i both by name. So I was thinking that we'll see the M235i at least because @Matt Boyd mentioned it in his post.

I was thinking about the BMW VGT - Mercedes were the first to release their car, they just so happened to release a real car to go with it. Who's to say that all the other manufacturers will do the same? It's possible that BMW could just release the virtual VGT alongside perhaps the M235i when it's launched at Geneva.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back