It's now March; where is our promised community update?

• Thread starter soap_hand
  • 2,036 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they'd love to, but their hands are a bit tied.
I'm not blaming the implementation gang at PD, but the marketing and planning people. A major front end feature which is being criminally underused. When will we have some proper amount of content here, when GT7 is out?

I found what I was looking for:

And having re-read Jordan's post about BMW and Geneva I see no mention of VGT - so I'll just expect the M235i and anything extra will just be a bonus.

Well done for finding what I was looking for! And do I get a brownie point for remembering the original post? I suppose that depends on what turns up at Geneva :lol:

I agree with your guess on the M235i and yes it was made clear via Vagabond that no reference to VGT was made, so maybe that's it.

In which case there will be a super lap to win it. Which will make a change ...

Anyway, at least this has passed some time while we all wait for something to happen...

I'm not blaming the implementation gang at PD, but the marketing and planning people. A major front end feature which is being criminally underused. When will we have some proper amount of content here, when GT7 is out?

The incorrect usage of criminally is misleading.

The car manufacturers create this content.

As long as you're doing it respectfully feel free to tag them with the online petition as well. (in sig)

Noted, I will. All I've simply been doing is asking the same questions - "what happened?/why silence?"

Edit* - I've been trying to post a message to the Gran Turismo FB page, and each time I've gotten the 'message could not be posted' error (I'd attach a screen-grab, but uploads aren't working ?)
I've tried multiple laptops, devices, etc - and various times of the day. It simply is not letting the post be made.

I challenge anyone else to try, prove me wrong and show me that they aren't blocking contact. If that last part isn't true, then why have there been no other posts made by others ?, yet hundreds of comments elsewhere ?

Last edited:
I think this will be the new VGT BMW
image-jpg.122253

The i8 had been in the public's eye for a while and its a production car. Would be nice if they bring it in the game though.

I found what I was looking for:

And having re-read Jordan's post about BMW and Geneva I see no mention of VGT - so I'll just expect the M235i and anything extra will just be a bonus.

I've never saw that before when was the statement released? I wonder if that's 25 additional cars. Meaning the BMW's from gt5 not included in the count, just the new ones that have been added to gt6 when released and will be added in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never saw that before when was the statement released? I wonder if that's 25 additional cars. Meaning the BMW's from gt5 not included in the count, just the new ones that have been added to gt6 when released and will be added in the future.

I don't know when that image was released, but judging the tense in the text it seems pre-release.

THE FOLLOWING HAS NOT BEEN INCLUDED YET, AND STILL WAITING, 3 MONTHS AFTER GETTING THE GAME: WOULD LOVE SOME NEWS. AS I BOUGHT THIS GAME ON THESE UNIQUE ATTRACTIONS, AS WELL AS THE NEW CARS AND TRACKS

1 GPS and mobile connectivity, effectively allowing you to transfer real-world data into the game using just your smartphone and/or a fancy car

2 game's course maker functionality, which allows players to create their own tracks and compete on them

3 drive a real-life course with a GPS-tracking mobile app active in your car, capture the co-ordinate data and then upload it into the game to create your own custom tracks based on real-world drives.

4 B-Spec mode, where you take on the role of race director and issue instructions to a driver; community apps for smartphones; and support for 3D televisions.

5 PDI has even created a new Gran Turismo Arena, where players can set up their own series of hair-raising challenges and stunts.

6 'Data Logger' is something to look forward to. Available in a future update, this feature will allow you to analyse the replay data that's saved after driving in the game, with a graph showing speed, engine RPM, throttle input, gear position and steering angles. With all this data at your fingertips, you'll be able to see where you're losing time and improve your performance lap after lap.

7 'Quick Match' will set you up for a race as soon as there are enough participants. 'Seasonal events' will be staged during limited periods of time, with the combination of official races, time trials and drift trials, where in-game credits are awarded to the top finishers.

8 Players can create their own clubs, communicate with one another in the forums and organise race events for their members. It is possible to select from a private racing club, and a public racing club that is open to everyone. This feature will be added in a future update.

and finally....

9 The sixth title of the Gran Turismo series has just inked an exclusive agreement with the Ayrton Senna Institute that will see "a variety of content" relating to the late, great Formula One driver released for the game via downloadable content.

Players will be able to trace Senna's career over the years, and as GTPlanet hints, the Brazilian's association with the Interlagos Circuit makes its inclusion in the game almost a guarantee. For Brazilian audiences, Polyphony will even release an Ayrton Senna Limited Edition Playstation Bundle, which will include a PS3 and the anniversary edition of GT6.

This isn't just a one-sided exchange. Polyphony will be donating some of the game's profits to the Ayrton Senna Institute, a charity that educates and promotes literacy among Brazil's youth.

(I HOPE PD IS STILL GOING TO SUPPORT THE AYRTON SENNA INSTITUTE)

AYRTON SENNA'S CAREER

it started in Karting

South American Kart Championship

Karting World Championship

then open wheel racing

RAC and Townsend-ThoresonFormula Ford 1600 Championship with the Van Dieman team

Formula Ford 2000, the British and European Formula Ford 2000 championships

British Formula 3 racing, with the West Surrey racing team

Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix with Teddy Yip's Toyota powered Theodore Racing Team

F1 debut with Toleman Hart, then Lotus Renault, then McClaren Honda

debut at the Brazilian Grand Prix

first World Championship point in his second race at the South African Grand Prix

ADAC 1000 km Nürburgring

exhibition race to celebrate the opening of the new Nürburgring,

coming second in Brazil and winning the Spanish Grand Prix

And the famout Senna - Prost rivalry

(I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO HAPPEN AS AN UPDATE IN GRAN TURISMO 6) MAYBE BY 2015!!!!!

AYRTON SENNA'S CAREER

it started in Karting

South American Kart Championship

Karting World Championship

then open wheel racing

RAC and Townsend-ThoresonFormula Ford 1600 Championship with the Van Dieman team

Formula Ford 2000, the British and European Formula Ford 2000 championships

British Formula 3 racing, with the West Surrey racing team

Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix with Teddy Yip's Toyota powered Theodore Racing Team

F1 debut with Toleman Hart, then Lotus Renault, then McClaren Honda

debut at the Brazilian Grand Prix

first World Championship point in his second race at the South African Grand Prix

ADAC 1000 km Nürburgring

exhibition race to celebrate the opening of the new Nürburgring,

coming second in Brazil and winning the Spanish Grand Prix

And the famout Senna - Prost rivalry

(I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO HAPPEN AS AN UPDATE IN GRAN TURISMO 6) MAYBE BY 2015!!!!!
And what we want based on this is;

A special event the mirrors as much of this as possible structured in a championship ladder. Starting in carts and working through his career with documentary footage/cinematics from the actual events. Etc.

Things needed; a few new cars starting with his old carts and at least one of each major car etc. suits through his career. Monaco, Suzuka, Nurburgring are all there already so some supporting details specific to Senna, his rivalries, perhaps the NSX lap, the rain lap at Monaco that was ungodly fast...

There really is a wealth of relatively easy scenarios that could be recreated.

What its likely to be;

A big opening movie, 3-6 "races" with the last being a special car that we can't race online. All will be TT's on Interlagos.

All will be done in 20 minutes of gameplay.

There just isn't any historical evidence that PD will really do anything appropriately robust and engaging. It will be just enough for a marketing blitz...

I want to be wrong... So sincerely wrong...

In this thread, and others there have been a lot of comments along the lines of:

"Why are PD not fixing the basic errors/adding modes like BSpec as advertised, yet they seem to be releasing VGT cars, the M4, etc"

Now it could be that the cars were nearly finished before release, and are therefore less labour intensive to add compared to "proper" new content/bug fixing. They probably require less coding than BSpec/Telemetry/Course maker...

...but I do wonder what the financial incentives are. As in how much money are PD getting in advertising from BMW and Merc, and whether they have contracts with set release dates for cars like the M4. I do wonder how many GT6 sales these contracts might be equivalent to. I'd imagine lots.

After all, if it comes to a toss up between defaulting on a contract with a major car company, or keeping gamers (who have already paid their £40) waiting... it's sad to say that the choice is an easy one. :(

"GT6, the real advertising simulator"?

Of course there is goodwill to consider, and how much a bad rep could affect future GT6 and GT7 sales. Also, fewer sales mean less audience for the advertising.

Now I do like the new cars, and am grateful for them, along with the seasonals we have been getting. It's just that I'd prefer to wait 6 months for these, but have:

i) a fixed pit stop bug,
ii) fuel/tyre wear/damage in arcade mode
iii) Telemetry, or at least an x and y G-force "ball" meter, with numerical readout
iv) the reason why zero camber is best in this game

first.

Cheers,

Bread

In order to verify what they changed (physics) I suggest to wait before upgrading, do the tests about stuff people are talking about and then upgrade and do the same things.

I understand it may be quite a challenge to wait but if you want to avoid endless speculations this is a thing to do if you want to contribute.

Just a suggestion for those that would prefer to know what was changed.

I'm pretty sure this VGT stuff will turn out to be yet another oversell by PD. You'd think they'd try to churn out a few of these while GT6 was still a fresh title.
It's not up to PD as to when these cars go into the game, most manufacturers are still designing and building them, so PD has to wait til they're ready to be scanned to go in to game.

Idk know if this was posted already but I read that a VGT car would be revealed at Geneva in this thread, or implied. Not to sure about that. I'm a car guy that plays one game which is the gt series. Long story short I know of a billion (exaggerating) sites/sources for cars because that what I eat sleep and breath. BMW Geneva line up consist of...

2 series active tourer
228i
M235i
M3
M4
428i and 435i gran coupe
I8

The automotive world hasn't been very secretive over the past two years... Meaning if there is a big reveal coming up at a major autoshow, which Geneva is, we'll know what will be there before hand. So if Jordan left the BMW riddle in his message, it will be one of those cars possibly, or a BMW that has been seen in GT promotion videos and photos...

M6 Gran Coupe
M5

Not saying a VGT isn't coming, but as everyone pretty much knows, VGT's are marketing perks for the auto guys getting their product to any and all they can. If a vision gt was coming I think we'd have heard something from the automotive community a week or two ago... Mercedes and Toyota were known of well before their respective auto shows. The press and media are already at the show(Sunday night access if I remember correctly) It opens to the public the week after the press have their week which ends the 6th...

The picture in the bmw section of the vgt cars in gt6. Is nothing like any of these. All of the vgt cars will most likely be futuristic cars built with a lot of unrealistic technology. Im still looking forward to them.

But if we get the bmw's in those pics. It will hopefully be dlc pack. Cause it would be boring as a VGT. I want awsome super cars to come from vgt. Not road cars that already exist...

Im gonna be Pissed if they put that Senna content in before the base features make it.
senna comes may according to kaz , so expect it in 6months :P
joking , i dont think thats gonna happen they r gonna release the senna content in may as its proper date for it they could already have it ready .

Here's the GT Community's checklist:

- Post Complaints on GTP and whine across 5 threads ✔
- Threaten to not buy GT7 and buy it anyways ✔
- Start one week boycott with 5 participants ✔
- Attempt to send letters and receive generic responses
- Start rioting outside PD offices with guns without the safety
- Hold Kaz hostage along with Translator-San so you can express your demands (really desperate level)

:lol:
Fixed ;)

Ok, you're a bit confused I think.

You're right about one thing; More features = more data, and obviously an increase in disk space since you have to download the updates to your HDD.

But, where you're wrong is, you make it sound like that extra data HAS to be accessed while playing the game even when you're not using it.

Think of a PC, you have many programs and features on there, but they don't hold a "burden" on your system unless you actually allow them to RUN. Like this, the game will only access the data of a specific feature when you choose to use it.

It may take an extra couple seconds to load into the home screen if the course maker was implemented for example, but otherwise the game itself would run just as quickly as it did before.
Ok, so disk space doesn't mean the blu-ray? I guess disk space - disc space.

So, if they implement a bug fix that makes tire wear work properly online, meaning I don't lose all my grip as soon as I change tires, this downloaded data that "fixes" (overrides) won't need to be run simultaneously with everything that's run currently?
Count me skeptical.

You could argue some updates wouldn't add a "burden" during play, but any updates increase the sheer amount of data the PS3 has to cover just to operate. 40GB>30GB.

Ok, so disk space doesn't mean the blu-ray? I guess disk space - disc space.

So, if they implement a bug fix that makes tire wear work properly online, meaning I don't lose all my grip as soon as I change tires, this downloaded data that "fixes" (overrides) won't need to be run simultaneously with everything that's run currently?
Count me skeptical.

You could argue some updates wouldn't add a "burden" during play, but any updates increase the sheer amount of data the PS3 has to cover just to operate. 40GB>30GB.

Patched code is loaded in place of the original, if they did it correctly the old tire wear code would not be held in RAM any more. The amount of installed or on Blu ray data doesn't have anything to do with the PS3 performance. Only negative effect would be if the new tire code was more processor intensive than the old code, which it shouldn't be.

Here's the GT Community's checklist:

- Post Complaints on GTP ✔
- Threaten to not buy GT7 ✔
- Start one week boycott ✔
- Attempt to send letters [Thread]
- Start rioting outside PD offices with guns
- Hold Kaz hostage (really desperate level)

:lol:

...streaker protest in front of Kaz's GT-R at the next Nurb 24h (really really desperate level!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back